main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite clone trooper/unit

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Revanfan1, Sep 14, 2013.

?

Favorite clone trooper?

1. Captain Rex

48.3%
  2. Commander Cody

19.0%
  3. Commander Gree

2.6%
  4. Commander Bly

4.3%
  5. Lieutenant Thire

0.9%
  6. Fives

46.6%
  7. Echo

12.9%
  8. Hevy

8.6%
  9. Other (specify)

15.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Although you are right the evidence was against her at that moment and even though he believed that, he still could not ignore the evidence.

2. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Rex never gave a shoot to kill order, he merely declared Ahsoka armed and dangerous. It's nothing more than a warning to other troops in the area, because—even with their shared history together—there is definitive evidence that troopers were slain with a lightsaber, compounded by circumstantial evidence that Ahsoka had been there. However unpleasant the idea, the available facts suggest of the real possibility that she may have been guilty. And since Anakin ordered she be located and brought in, the only responsible thing a commanding officer can do at that point is advise his people to be wary of the potential danger they might face in pursuing her, and why, so that they may appropriately protect themselves. Though the Coruscant Guard opened fire on her with live rounds prior to Anakin's order to stun, their actions can't be blamed on Rex. That wasn't the order he gave. It's possible Fox may be to blame, given his actions in Orders, but not Rex.

Contessa likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    You're gonna make me watch the arc once again, but as I recall, didn't Rex specifically tell the other troops that she's "killed clones" in the intercom? That's putting it bluntly.

4. Clone Commander Cassius

Clone Commander Cassius Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2016
    We all love our clones don't we? Except for all you clankers out there!

Just kidding. So how about it? Which clone units were your favorite and why? Was it the missions they carried out, the commanders that led 'em, or just the color of their armor?

Me personally I liked the 501st over the 7th Sky Corps. 501st had more of an SF feel to em where as 7th Sky Corps was more like Marines to me. They were still good, but 501st was better imo. Likewise Rex seemed like he had more personality than Cody. Cody seemed a bit dry by comparison. I also liked 104th Battalion aka Wolf Pack. They had a nice variety of missions. They werent just fight-fight-fight, they also took on rescue missions (their specialty), and even mercy missions (Aleen). Plus they got to run around with Gandalf, er I mean Plo Koon. LOL

My absolute fave unit though would be the 91st Mobile Reconnaisance Corps. Their color scheme seemed more realistic to me, just simple insignia - very clean uniforms. Also they saw some of the worst fighting (Saleucami), so they get my sympathy there. Also Ponds' Lightning Squadron was part of the 91st. Also they went through several Jedi commanders. First it was Windu, then Gallia, then Rancisis, and finally Stass Allie. 'Course Neyo did murder her in cold blood like all the clones killed their Jedi with Order 66 and all. They had more vehicles, hence MOBILE. I liked the BARCs, they looked perfect as predecessors of the 74-Zs. Oh, and the 91st had WAC-47 [face_tee_hee]

What about y'all, whose y'alls fave unit o' clones?

5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    My favourite unit would be Fox's security clones based on Coruscant:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For one thing, they're red, my favourite colour. ;) On a more serious note, the unit is very unique among clones, being more of a police and riot force than a combat battalion. The red fits in with their role as a 'lesser' version of Palpatine's Red guards. I also like how Fox's helmet is the inverse of the usual helmet design, being mostly red with white 'tongue'. I also liked how Fox's troops were used to make certain arcs of TCW more serious, by being more loyal to Palpatine, and seeking to bring down both Ahsoka and Fives.

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. Clone Commander Cassius

Clone Commander Cassius Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2016
    agreed. also they bridged the gap in terms of the role the stormtroopers would play as a glorified police force ruling through fear. Coruscant Guard would be my next fave choice as well *wink*

whostheBossk and darkspine10 like this.