main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite Clone Wars Villain?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by BobaFan101, Dec 18, 2013.

?

Who is your favorite clone wars villain

Poll closed Jan 2, 2014.
  1. Count Dooku

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Asajj Ventress

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. General Grievous

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Cad Bane

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Boba Fett

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Embo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Darth Maul

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Savage Opress

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  9. Pre Vizsla

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BobaFan101

BobaFan101 Jedi Padawan

Dec 3, 2013
    Title says it all

While we weren't able to get the Boba Fett we wanted, we got the next best thing in Cad Bane.
    While being a total Badass, he was cunning, ruthless, and fun to watch every time he was onscreen.
    Not to mention he was one of the only villains who actually got the job done every time.

HM: Darth Maul, Asajj Ventress

Who's your favorite?

Ps. I did not put Hondo on the list because I consider him an Anti-Hero

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Darth Maul AINEC

cwustudent likes this.
  3. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    Grievous. What can I say, I love the concept of a four-armed alien cyborg killing Jedi and stealing their weapons. I only wish he'd gotten to kill more than one during the course of the show.

CommanderDrenn likes this.
  4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Cad Bane.

Grievous doesn't really do much for me. I guess it's kinda a variation on anakinfansince1983 's stated reasons for despising the likes of Thrawn (though conversely, I do like Thrawn.. go figure). There is much talk about how badass Grievous is. But in practice he's not that great. Oh, in the first Clone Wars series he was an unstoppable hurricane juggernaut of doom. But in RoTS and in TCW (both of which are top level core-canon, which the miniseries isn't) he was much less impressive. He relied heavily on Magnaguards softening up his Jedi foes before he attacked himself. And many times he found they weren't quite as softened up as he thought, and ended up running like hell while having more magnaguards cover his retreat. In the entire hundred-plus episode run of TCW Greivous only killed ONE Jedi, and this was an inexperienced rookie... either a padawan or a very recently knighted knight, I forget exactly. He also gets flustered quite easily, and has major anger management issues. Yeah. He is talked up as this monster, this specter of death that would even make Jedi tremble, but then he just totally fails to deliver. He leaves me cold. I don't hate the character as a result, but I don't have any great enthusiasm for him either. He was supposed to be awesome, but the execution just leaves me thinking of him as kinda bland. A "Meh" villain.

Now Bane on the other hand... he doesn't have people going around talking about how badass he is. And he doesn't brag or blow his own trumpet about how badass he is. Cad Bane just does. He just goes around and does $#!1. He is shown being a badass, by his actions. The way he talks. The way he carries himself. The way he plans intelligently. The way he doesn't **** his pants and run from Jedi like a scared kitten when the Jedi put up a hard fight. He improvises and uses the environment or terrain or other things to his advantage. When he's fighting against a Jedi he's practically relishing it, completely at ease even while dueling a superhuman... look at the time he took Quinlan Vos's lightsaber and posed momentarily like Captain Barbossa, laughed, and engaged Obi-Wan in lightsaber combat... just for the hell of it, because why the **** not. Cad Bane does not give a ****. He uses the Jedi's own emotions and ethics against them. (Like when he used Ahsoka as a lever to force Anakin's hand in Cargo of Doom). He is always perfectly cool, perfectly casual, never panics, always in control in any situation he's in. He always has a plan B, and a plan C, and a plan D.

And all of the above is shown, in the flesh, not described. You watch The Clone Wars, and you see Cad Bane actually doing this stuff.

Oh, and he dresses like Leo Van Cleef.

5. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  6. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Bane always struck me as far too Sue-ish and unbelievable. For example, how does he have such good reflexes and physical abilities? He's not Force-sensitive, he's not cybernetically augmented, he's not from an ancient warrior culture with thousands of years of experience fighting Jedi. He's not even well muscled. Also, much of his success comes from the fact that he appears to have the ability to make other characters spontaneously act stupid for no reason. Jedi, in particular, seem to forget they can use the Force in his presence.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I thought Cad Bane was a pretty good villain, mostly because he knew how to read people well enough to manipulate and use them, the Cargo of Doom episode being a good case in point.

I feel like I need to watch some episodes again to see Jedi spontaneously acting stupid around him though. I thought they only did that around Palpatine. [face_laugh]

And my favorite TCW villain? You all need to ask?

"I'm not much of a talker."

"Look kid, I don't take orders very well, especially from someone of your stature and obvious lack of experience."

"My dear General, there's nothing that you have that I could want."

"Keep playing with your droids. I'll handle breaking into the DNA room."

And..."Come and get me, boys." :D

8. Why_So_Serious

Jan 27, 2013
    Well, as just one example, in "Holocron Heist", Cad Bane has Todo 360 create a hole to go to the communications center, while Cad Bane blows up the gate to the holocron vault. An explosion goes off. Anakin and Obi Wan see the hole Todo made, but unfortunately, the holocron vault gate has been opened. One would think Anakin and Obi-Wan would notice the opened gate of the holocron vault and go, "Wait, I think someone might break into the vault! Let's stay and guard it!" Instead, they can't be arsed to check the holocron gate, which leads Cad Bane to break in, and steal the holocron undetected.

9. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Savage all the way. He may not have done that much in the grand scheme of things, but man he left an impression.

10. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

You can close this thread now. ^:)^

11. BobaFan101

BobaFan101 Jedi Padawan

Dec 3, 2013
    Wow perfectly spoken! Couldn't have said it better myself

And since we're sharing quotes I got a couple.

"Oh, I just hate it when someone does my job"

"Well hello there, little lady" Love the way he says that line.

Kills the Ithorian bounty hunter with only a reply of "It's a nice hat"

And my favorite
    Bane: "Get the door"
    Todo 360: "I am a techno service droid, not a butler droid"
    Bane: "dammit Todo you are what I say you are". [face_rofl]

12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Who I liked the most: Maul
    Who I feel like I should have liked least: Maul
    Who I liked least: Dooku
    Who I feel like I should have liked most: Dooku

Maul was a character that really shouldn't have been (re)introduced, IMO, and especially not to take the spotlight from Savage, and definitely not Dooku. Maybe if TCW had explored all the other villains and felt like it had exhausted stories to tell with them, then perhaps it would have been OK to bring Maul back for the sake of keeping things fresh. But Dooku just got turned into this "muahaha, I'm evil for the sake of being evil" villain with no depth. They didn't even touch upon the fact that he was a former Jedi and had a history there, and when he comes face to face with the heroes, they seem uninterested in capturing him or even trying to get him to talk about who the other Sith is.

Dooku has a lot of potential depth and it just got swept under the rug and he was one of the shallowest of characters with Maul (albeit not Mr. Depth himself) at least being given the spotlight in pivotal arcs that serve as the seasons' high points at least for the last 2/5 seasons.

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Really tough decision between Grievous, Embo, Cad Bane and Maul, but I went with Grievous. They were all awesome villains in the show and made the episodes they were in really good.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  14. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Dooku was underused in TCW, and Grievous was fairly well done. Probably Admiral Trench, even though he was kind of cheesy.

15. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I'll have to go with Maul, with Cad Bane at a close second. I like the older depictions of Bobs Fett a lot, but teenage Boba doesn't really do it for me. Embo and Grevious were awesome as far as looks and abilities, so they come in and third and fourth, but as far as character depth and potential I'm not sure I like them as much.

16. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Ventress

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Ventress by far. Bane would be my second choice.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I thought Pong Krell, from Season 4, was an awesome villain, and also Ziro the Hutt was a villain that I thought should have been carried along to end the series as he was one of the few who began it. From those listed, though, I'd probably go with either Cad Bane or Savage Opress. Ventress was a great villain, but grew to be more interesting in the bounty hunter heroine-type role. Savage should have continued getting stronger and stronger, as it seemed he would earlier on in the series, but the writers kind of dropped the ball by not capitalizing on his immense potential, although, of course that could have been done due to the series being canceled, or because of Maul's return...dunno. Pre Viszla is a terrific villain, but I've yet to see Season 5 where he's shown further, in a duel with Darth Maul, and as such I'll reserve any opinion on him until I've seen more. Same with Embo, as he's a pretty cool character, but I know next to nothing about him, at the moment. The rest of the characters listed are movie villains, and they're already classic imo.

All-in-all, I guess I'll go with Cad Bane. He had some of the more consistent, jaw-droppingly good scenes.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    My second favourite villain behind Maul was Cad Bane, he was a badass

Lando Griffin likes this.
  20. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Darth Opress.

Sudooku and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  21. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Cad Bane in Hostage Crisis reminded me of Grevious in the old Clone Wars microseries. Throughout the series, Cad Bane showed that that was not a one-episode type deal. Although I prefer Count Dooku, Grevious, and Sidious more, Cad Bane showed he was no joke.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  22. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Too many to pick from. Cad Bane, Count Dooku, Asajj Ventress, Darth Maul, Aurra Sing, Mother Talzin, Darth Sidious, Bo-Katan and Pre Vizsla were all great. I also enjoyed Grievous despite his lack of victories on the show.

I have to admit I wasn't keen on a lot of the one-off villains that were introduced and got pretty bored with Savage once Maul was reintroduced.

23. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
  24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Talzin

Mother_Talzin likes this.
  25. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013