main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite Clone Wars Villain?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by BobaFan101, Dec 18, 2013.

?

Who is your favorite clone wars villain

Poll closed Jan 2, 2014.
  1. Count Dooku

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Asajj Ventress

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. General Grievous

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Cad Bane

9 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Boba Fett

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Embo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Darth Maul

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Savage Opress

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  9. Pre Vizsla

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Maybe Maul can learn to manipulate the midi-chlorians to....ah never mind.

2. Rauno

Rauno Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 13, 2013
    Definitely Maul. I just wish they never brought him back for TCW. Completely kills the mysterious side of him.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have to say Cad Bane with Maul at a close second.

4. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    One of the things I like about Star Wars: The Clone Wars is it's wonderful cast of villains but the one that I think might top them all off is that guy.

[​IMG]

5. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    It's almost a shame that some bounty hunter is more effective at beating the Jedi than Dooku, Ventress and Grievous combined.

But he's awesome, so I'm not complaining.

Circular Logic likes this.
  6. Josh Mekola

Josh Mekola Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2014
    My top 20 fave TCW villains:

1.) Grievous
    2.) Cad Bane
    3.) Admiral Trench
    4.) Wat Tambor
    5.) Osi Sobeck
    6.) Nute Gunray
    7.) Poggle the Lesser
    8.) Dr. Nuvo Vindi
    9.) Pre Vizsla
    10.) Whorm Loathsom
    11.) Lok Durd
    12.) Ziro the Hutt
    13.) Mar Tuuk
    14.) Moralo Eval
    15.) Pong Krell
    16.) Darts D'Nar
    17.) EV-A4-D
    18.) Todo 360
    19.) Sgt. Slick
    20.) Lott Dod

InterestingLurker likes this.
  7. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    That guy who was "flying"......

8. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Dr. Nuvo Vindi :p

On a serious note, Maul was used wonderfully in TCW. Really makes me wish that we had gotten Maul instead of Dooku for all of the prequels. We actually get to see what Maul's character is like! :eek:

Cad Bane was also a great villain. Love love LOVE his design and synthetic sounding voice. Plus being a badass does help.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  9. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Darth Maul and Savage Opress

The Shadow Emperor and Marco1907 like this.
  10. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    The Dathomir villains: Talzin, Maul, Ventress, and Savage - they made for my favorite CW stories.

11. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Probably Death Watch or Ventress. I love the one shot villains like Vindi or Loathsome.

12. King Joker

King Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2014
    Definitely Ventress...

13. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Tie between Ventress on her own and Maul with the reverse articulated legs....lost something when they gave him "normal" cybernetic legs.

14. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Strangely enough, my little brother hated Osi Sobeck.

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Dr. Vindi, Lok Dur, Sobeck and Moralo Eval should all lock up inside the Box together where at the end you can have Jar Jar stumble across it and set off the self destruct button . Would make for thee best episode.

Best straight villains were Savage Opress, Darth Maul, Ventress, Count Dooku and Pre Vizla/Death Watch. Talzin was rather gray and somewhere inbetween but she was interesting, seemed she just loved her son and wanted to aid him in destroying Sidious and self sacrficed herself like Obi Wan did for Luke.

Darth Sidious they did a good job during his hologram sequences and during the Yoda arc. He always worked better as a shadowy character than a superwarrior as in ROTS his fighting never indicated that.

16. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    So far the Cad Bane character is really cool, but i really like the Hutts and their mobstyle is very interesting. The Hutts would make a great movie or book.

17. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Cade Bane by far. The others were cool, but he's just like an evil alien Clint Eastwood, and that's just awesome. He NEEDS to show up in Rebels at some point.

18. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    Cad Bane was a complete bad ass!

19. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    Asajj Ventress and Cad Bane for me, I personally didn't care for how the writers treated the majority of the villains in the show. *gives Grievous a hug*

20. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    He butchered three Jedi Masters in less than ten seconds, went toe-to-toe with Mace Windu, and drove Yoda, the galaxy's strongest Jedi, to retreat. Pretty sure that's all indicative of immense power.

21. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    He doenst have immense power. He killed three Jedi that stood there cornered in the small space and Lucas told them to just stand there bunched up and act surprised even though they went there to arrest a possible Sith Lord(and Sith Master) and was easily overpowered and defeated by Windu where he begged for his life and needed Anakin's help to save him. His "unlimited power" came only after Anakin cut off Windu's hand . Rather than fight Yoda he chose to run after his lightning failed in killing Yoda in ROTS . Yoda then pushed his stunned overweight butt across the room. Sidious gave up dueling and resorted to more lightning which got turned back on him(happened twice in the movie the other time by Windu). Sidious then used those senate pods in a vain attempt to kill Yoda, Yoda also turned the pod against him and nearly killed Sidious. Sidious also needed Mas Ameeda to run back and Shock Troopers to save him and try and kill Yoda as he failed in doing. His fight with Yoda in the dream sequence during TCW he also lost and tried using Anakin as a distraction to back attack Yoda. Yoda also rejected and resisted Sidious' temptations and attacks. Sidious is a fleeing character even in the dream sequence and he lost there too and Sidious all frustrated about Yoda being too powerful :

Yoda easily over overpowered Sidious' use of his "immense power ", he forced him across the bridge and turned the lightning against him, and absorbed deadly bolts of energy while saving Anakin.

22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    George Lucas

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  23. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    So he should be named Savage Impress :cool:

Not yet :D Maybe we kept him alive with our force of survival-wishes.

24. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Yes he does.

No, Lucas used them to demonstrate that "you have to be Yoda or Mace to compete with the Emperor" (The Making of Revenge of the Sith).

Easily? The ROTS script and graphic novel have Sidious Force throwing Mace across the room; the ROTS novel says Mace Windu "fought for his life" and that the contest with Sidious was the ultimate challenge for Mace's lightsaber form, Vaapad. Even in the film, it's not like Sidious is disarmed in a few strokes nor is Mace Windu playing around.

The only "ease" in play here is the one you're inventing because you don't like Sidious.

I said "immense" power, not "unlimited" power. It's obvious that Sidious doesn't have unlimited power, despite his boasts.

You mean he tried to initially flee because he knew the fight wouldn't be a walk in the park?

Remind me, was that before or after Sidious literally knocked Yoda out?

[​IMG]

^ This might jump start your memory.

[​IMG]

^ Yep, easy sure seems to capture Yoda's expression here.

Pretty sure Sidious dodged that pod without incident and was too busy cackling maniacally to try to stop Yoda prior to that.

o_O

You might want to rewatch the scene. When Mas Amedda leaves, he takes his time. When Mas Amedda leaves, Sidious isn't trying to leave but is approaching Yoda, gloating. When Mas Amedda leaves, Yoda is unconscious. Pretty sure when you're knocked out during the course of a fight, that fight is automatically not easy for you.

BTW, if making use of backup constitutes weakness, I guess we have to fault Mace for bringing the B-team to fight Sidious in ROTS, Yoda for bringing Anakin and the clone troops to fight Sidious in "Sacrifice," and Maul for tag-teaming Sidious with Savage Opress in "The Lawless." But I'm pretty sure you'll try to wiggle out of that one.

Pretty sure the only reason he "lost" is because he, unlike Yoda, had to briefly tangle with two opponents at once: Anakin and Yoda, allowing Yoda to get in a hit.

...Pretty sure Sidious was frustrated that Yoda was too "strong" to "break" (his words), not that he was too strong to fight. The entire point of the exercise was to break Yoda spiritually. Did Sidious fail? Yep. All that proves is that he's fallible and his abilities have limits.

BTW, pretty sure Yoda uses the same line "Failed, I have" in ROTS when he fails to stop Palpatine and is forced to live in a swampy backwater planet for the rest of his life.

Yeah, as I've proven, yours is an exceptionally dishonest account. You conveniently disregard context and a number of other facts in order to facilitate your agenda. But the bottom line is that Sidious is immensely powerful, nothing you've said here contradicts it, and yes, he's more powerful and smarter and more dangerous than Darth Maul. By a lot.

Saga Explorer and Iron_lord like this.
  25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012