main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Favorite Companion?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Yodaminch, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So everyone has one. Sure you may use a few others occasionally, but there's definitely one you take out more than others right?

For me as a Consular, I dumped Qyzen as soon as I got Theran Cedrax. During beta, I found Theran useless. But as I learned how he worked, I found myself including him throughout many of my quests. Theran became my goto companion for every boss battle. In particular, Theran wins companion of the year for his performance in the final boss battle of my storyline. That boss ran down Iresso and Nadia. But Theran? Not a scratch. Theran attracted no attention and so I was able to keep on taking the boss down. When he was about to cast something, there was Holiday to stun him so I could heal and recover. And when I could stun, Theran had me back to near full health quickly.

I enjoy Nadia for her quick DPS. I love to unleash her on mobs. And Iresso is a far better tank in my opinion than Qyzen and he deals out a good chunk of damage. But when it came to surviving, even if it was a long and boring battle, I've always been able to depend on Theran to get me that win.

So, that's me. What about you? Who is your favorite companion and why?

2. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    C2N2...He saves the best escape pod for my sole personal use.

Darkslayer and JediKnight_Mat like this.
  3. johnnynod

johnnynod Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Doc.

Not necessarily because I like the guy as a character...although I do like the counterpointing between his non-Jedi ideals and that of the pure Jedi Guardian I play. I do like the character development scheme with Kira so far, seeing as how she capably applies the Knight-Padawan dynamic integral to Jedi play, and her own struggle with her own dark side makes her even more interesting. I absolutely love the high-spiritedness of T7, the overwhelmingly duty-bound respect of Sgt. Rusk, and the awfully mysterious nature of the "dark ally", Scourge. The Protocol Droid? Well...I'm not too thrilled with his "I, of course, will go down with the ship" line, but...well, I'd like to see a shot of interaction between him and T7 in future content patches/expansions, just to satisfy the fans of the R2/3P0 dynamic.

But Doc quite simply keeps me alive in combat. He's a damn decent healer when you have him out(healing bomb, anyone? ;) ), and when you're working on tanking skills during the leveling process, he's a must.

I like one of his combat lines, too: "Did you not notice my Jedi friend?" :)

4. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    So far, as an Imperial Agent, my favorite companion is Doctor Lokin. I've not acquired SCORPIO though and I think she'll be a nice addition.

5. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    Skadge.

6. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

Vette and Mako so far. Kira has been good, I have no complaints, but those two are fantastic. Vette is my second favorite companion in a BioWare game since Baldur's Gate II, just behind Liara in ME2:LOTSB. I love her "I love you" conversation to bits. Mako has been a lot of fun so far too.

7. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Vector! The only companion that I felt really had my Agent's back, regardless of his divided loyalties to the Hive and to the Empire.

Dr Lokin was the one I actually used the most though, because of his healing. An admirably pragmatic fellow.

8. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Qyzen and Nadia from the Consular party line-up for me :D I dunno, it was near the end of the game for me that thought more seriously about the relationship between my character and those two. I mean gameplay-wise, Qyzen was my battle buddy throughout my journey to level 50 with his tanking skillz and my healz. When I got Nadia I pulled her out for a more damage-dealing companion to get through the weaker mobs fast but when it came to the bosses and whatnot, Qyzen was my Trandoshan! :D

Story/roleplay/whatever-wise, I just thought the three of us to be nice one little family, specifically when Qyzen gave my character a present to give to Nadia after she and my Consular got married :p Despite my Consular now a big-time Jedi Master, he was a young Padawan once despite Qyzen having seen him as a Herald and I always liked the idea of Qyzen being a kind of uncle/mentor to him during his Padawan/Knight days and my character repaid him by assisting him during his companion quest and showing Qyzen that he could lead and teach other young Trandoshans the ways of the Hunter and the Scorekeeper.

This of course leads to somewhat humorous ideas about my character and Nadia ever having children and letting Uncle Qyzen babysit [face_laugh]

Nadia to my character is like his mirror image. Extremely powerful in the Force, taken in by the Jedi and taught how to use her abilities effectively, etc. Qatar could see exactly what his life was like by looking at it as a teacher instead of a student. This, of course, would lead to their mutual attraction and after all the Plagemasters, Children of the Emperor, and whatnot, he's happy to have something to come home too and put those past experiences to rest :D

9. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Same here. Except my ship only has one escape pod. I think C2N2 just wants to watch the rest of my crew die.

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I'm not sure if I like C2-N2 as much now. I finally realized it's impossible to raise his affection above zero so I can't improve his crafting efficiency. (He doesn't even like the technology gifts I tried giving him! C'mon, dude, you ARE technology! What else can I do, give you an oil bath?)

11. wookieesniper

wookieesniper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2010
    Of all the Agent companions, Kaliyo has got to be my favorite personality wise. She reminds me a lot of Morrigan from dragon age, and the scene where she sleeps with that random dock worker to make me jealous was hilarious. I also like Gault - he's really funny. I am really disappointed that not all companions have missions, just the starting one. Lazy move, Bioware, lazy move

12. AmazingAhsokaT

AmazingAhsokaT Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2013
    Bowdaar! i did my story quest a couple of levels before i was supposed to just to get him. I don't have much of a reason for why i like him...hes just cool and hes a wookiee! so that's why. ;)

13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Any female companion that I can get to marry my characters. (Please dont tell my wife. She hates the game to begin with :))

CoolyFett likes this.
  14. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Nobody has mentioned Khem Val? I love my Khem-my baby. I love when on Nar Shaddaa in the slums he says "The lowest of the low. Nobody will notice if I eat one or two."

15. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Guss Tuno.

16. smuggler_vola

smuggler_vola Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 13, 2012
    I don't know, my companion always gets himself killed and leaves me to fight 4 guys by myself. He does this about every 5-10 minutes.

17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    You need to (1) get him better gear and/or (2) pull aggro from him especially if he is primarily a healer

18. smuggler_vola

smuggler_vola Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 13, 2012
    Yeah, I just never have time to play anymore. [face_plain] Stupid real life.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  19. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I've only levelled a SW and Smugg, so I'd have to go Vette and my Wookiee. Both are good compliments to how I play.

20. Khalil O.

Khalil O. Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    Andronikos and Ashara were indispensible to my assassin tank. They provided excellent dps.

Ashara Zavros is my favorite companion. I think the devs did a great job developing her character and background, and I liked having her around.

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Probably Doc, I used him as my companion in nearly every boss fight when I was playing through my Jedi Knight story mode. Kira would be second, she was always a fun character.

22. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Lord Scourge, not even close. He is so BA.

23. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Would have to go with Kira. She is very complimentary to the Sentinel style of combat.

24. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Kaliyo is my favorite so far. Andronikos gets a close second.

25. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Having finished the smuggler, I was a little frustrated that Akaavi and Guss were the last two because they were my favorites. I liked the contrast between my smuggler's carefree, flirt-with-anyone attitude and Akaavi's strait-laced, frosty warrior demeanor. So, of course, she's the one he had to charm.

Guss was just hilarious with his blatant self-serving attitude and how flippant he would be about it when you'd call him out.

So far, I'm liking Kira a lot as my Knight, but I'm about to get Doc, so we'll see how that goes.