main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Favorite Coruscant Locations?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Imperial Reject, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    Coruscant is the Jewel of the Galaxy so much to see yet so little screentime I believe it should stay a PT only location with perhaps a mention or two in the ST and maybe even a glimpse but I think it should mainly stay a PT exclusive. What is your favorite location on Coruscant and why? which movie has your favorite version of couruscant in it? this includes The Clone Wars too. you can post you favorite images of Coruscant here too

I like the SE ROTJ look and TPM because they always looked realistic, classic yet slightly futuristic I liked the Entertainment district in AOTC too

ezekiel22x likes this.
  2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I like the building in the middle of this picture, that has two main spires:

[​IMG]

It's always turning up in the background of shots, and I like the design. It's also in all three prequels. It's in more films than the Lars homestead, or the Death Star. :p

Also seen here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  3. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Love the seedier, "night-life" district seen in AotC. Like a lot of other elements in AotC, it has a very retro-futuristic look to it, like the future as if it were imagined a few decades ago.

Alienware likes this.
  4. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    This has to be my favourite photo:
    [​IMG]

I love the surface, with all the crevices and the sparkling lights. The huge skyscrapers that stretch up from the surface are amazing. There's so much variety in the architecture. :D

I also like the Undercity shots from AotC though - they remind me of a (somewhat) classier version of Nar Shaddaa.

5. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Love the Jedi Temple.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  6. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I've always liked the seedy nightclubs and the lower levels like 1313. The Jedi Temple is awesome too of course.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I like the clone Bar. :p

No. I would actually choose the temple.

8. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003

Agreed. It has a Blade Runner aesthetic.
    Also that sports bar looks fun.

9. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013

Yes, parts of it are very Blade Runner! Didn't Lucas even hide a Spinner somewhere in there?

10. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001

Retro-futuristic is an apt description.
    When I was a kid I read Asimov and other old-school scifi authors and Coruscant is pretty much what I imagined a futuristic city would look like.

I like everything I've seen and would have liked to see more (especially the Jedi temple).

bstnsx704 and ezekiel22x like this.
  11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Padme's veranda. Amazing view of a city that's alien in its vastness, and yet home to some very quietly effective character moments. The PT is mocked for its scenes where characters "sit on couches," but I really appreciated this reoccurring flavor of parlor drama. An interesting counterpoint to the other (and more celebrated) end of the Star Wars spectrum where the frenetic action and banter take over.

12. Queen Apailana

Queen Apailana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    My favorite Coruscant location would be Padme's apartment and veranda. It's elegant and has a great view. The Jedi Temple and Senate building are also amazing structures.

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I like the parts with all the green grass and growing trees and wildlife roaming free over the wide plains.

IOW, I just don't like Coruscant.

14. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    While more then one location, the Coruscant underworld we saw a bit in AOTC and some more in TCW always fascinated me.

15. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    The Works, Dacho District :D

16. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

That and Palpatine's apartment.

17. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    I always love seeing the underworld of Coruscant. The clubs, the goons and the grime of it.

18. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    The undercity is my favorite.

19. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    All of it, especially the diner and industrial area. I loved how in the EU there was one tiny ocean about the size of lake Michigan at the top near the north pole where the smallest amounts of nature are still preserved.

20. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    The Senate.

21. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    The nightclub, and Dex's Diner

I guess I like food.

22. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    The night club looked awesome in Episode 2. If I lived in Coruscant, I know I would frequent that place.

23. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Dex's Diner. It's neat to see daily-life type places for lack of a better description. I like diner food too.

24. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005
    Hate on the PT's dialogue if you want, but the world building was absolutely fantastic.

Coruscant, Kamino, Kashyyyk, Naboo, Mustafar - all amazing...

BountyHunter7 likes this.
  25. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I love the Senate building, it's not even pretty. It's just that I like the idea behind it and also because it's home to the most evil Sith lord. [face_devil]