main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favorite EU and Movie lines.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lonewolf89, Nov 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    "That woman could talk a Hutt onto a diet." -SbS

The whole speech Leia gave before that was great too. :)

2. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    There are so many quotes. I read X-wings when I have a bad day because they are too funny. One favorite is the scene in RotJ, Leia tells Han that Luke is her brother, Han?s facial expression is priceless.

3. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    For the EU...
    "I think I'll put a holoentertainment unit right where you're standing." -Corran to Exar Kun in I, Jedi.

Then there's my most recent fave...
    "I'm all pirate, I pillage therefore I am." -Jacen in Rebirth.

From the movies I've always loved the line in ANH where Threepio says "We seem to be made to suffer its our lot in life." philosophy from a droid gotta love it.

4. Jedi_Padawan01

Jedi_Padawan01 Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2001
    AthryaFire, I know you might like the line when Luke says, "You're not going to make this easier for me, are you?" and Mara says, "Since when have I ever made things easy for you?" but don't you like the line where Luke asks Mara to marry him?

There's only two pages of this stuff? I thought there'd be more! Come on, guys! I love the "Look sir, droids!" line (just in case no-one's said it) but I pull the,"Look sir, nerds!" on anyone in school that I absolutely hate! On another note, has anyone noticed that the captions on starwars.com aren't as funny anymore? Let's make em' funny! I challenge you genius star wars freaks to make the captions (and this thread) absolutely rolling on the floor and gut-splitting hilarious! I know I'm going to try! If you need help, just look at previous captions.

5. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    I love the "let's see if anyone else has procrastinated their way past death," line in the x-wing books. actually pretty much all the x-wing books. I was reading one in english class during this hilarious part and then my friend, who was reading over my shoulder, saw the same part and we both started laughing our heads off while the teacher was talking :D

it's not from star wars, but one of the best lines ever was in the fifth element, where these bad guy aliens are holding hostages and they say "Send someone into negotiate!"
    then bruce willis comes in, blows their heads off and then says "anyone else wanna negotiate?"

6. AthyraFire

AthyraFire Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    Tenal Ka: i love that part, too!!!! oh man, Bruce Willis... i love him. ::swoon::

Jedi Padawan: yeah yeah, i like it when Luke asks Mara to marry him. but the banter before that part is what makes the moment!!!! :D

7. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    I love it when Wedge comes outside from seeing Iella and is walking along the side of the road like a tight-rope walker and Wes says that he is embarrasing...LOL!!!!....the shoe is suddenly on the other foot. ;)

8. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    "At last we shall reveal ourselves to the Jedi..."
    -Darth Maul, meaning by fighting them. Jeez, don't give it the wrong interpretation.

9. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Starfighters of Adumar had some real funnies such as these:

Wedge: "I thought maybe you'd be able to do what I never could. Get Wes up to an emotional age of 14, maybe 15."

Tych: "No power in the universe could do that. Not Darth Vader and the Dark Side of the Force, not the nuclear devastation of an exploding sun."

Wes: "They'd be competing for distance and volume."

And not to mention that lovely blastword fight by our favourite comedian pilot, Wes
    "Look a Bantha!"

"This whole world is filled with 'shouldn't haves'. Without that humiliation, there was no chance he'd learn anything. With it, I figure he has a five percent chance of realizing that he's a big bag of Hutt droppings. Which is five percent more thanhe had a few minutes ago." He shrugged. "Who's hungry?"

And this of course:
    Wedge:"We have the right tools to subvert our Imperial Admiral."
    Hobbie: "What tools?"
    Wedge: "Wes's maturity, your optimism and my diplomatic skills."
    Hobbie: "We're doomed."

So very funny! LOL :)

10. Mira_McGrath

Mira_McGrath Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    how about in wraith squadron when they're talking about jedi powers, and face says something like "c'mon, don't you think master skywalker uses the force to scratch that spot on long hyperspace trips?" i'd actually look up the quote, but i lost my book.
    "It's just a little cut"~Anakin Solo, SbS. this reminded me to much of "It's just a flesh wound."
    "We're dead"~Jacen, Corelleian trilogy. and there are many, many more. i'll be back when i remember them.

11. Mira_McGrath

Nov 7, 2001
    I've thought of an other one, but its not ACTUALLY from starwars, but its ABOUT starwars.
    "Don't **** with a jedi master, son"~Mark Hamill, Jay & Silent Bob Stike Back

12. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I don't know who wrote this, but it made me howl. It showed up here about a year ago (so it's not from a book, but it's darn funny. I hope I get this right (and with appologies to whoever wrote it first.):

Wedge: Hey, Corran, I just found out I have a nephew.
    Corran: So what, I'm a Jedi. Jedi, Jedi, Jedi...
    Wedge: Um, okay.
    Corran: And did I mention I'm always right?

13. Mira_McGrath

Nov 7, 2001
    i don't know if some one said this one already but "I don't care what you smell!" ~Han Solo, ANH

14. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    "I'm Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight and friend of Captian Solo." Return of the Jedi. It sounds like a sales pitch.

15. RogueJeedai

RogueJeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Kyp - "Don't worry, I prefer my friends uncooked. Especially my more attractive ones."
    hm. something to think about.. and smile about.

Luke - How long before we get to sleep through the night again?
    Mara- If this one's anything like the Solo kids, I'd say at least another 20 years.
    teehee :)

16. Maverick15

Maverick15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Kyp: this is not a crisis, this is a massacre!

also: his NJO speech

17. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    All very good,

Corran: THe Means do not support the ends

almost anything from I, Jedi, the Xwing books. . .. the list continues. . .

I, Jedi, that thing about recognizing the man in the mirror.

ummmm yeah there are too manyt good ones and I just don't feel like looking them up right now. but corran's are always priceless. ..

::beems:: I'm so glad he came back in rebirth. . . le sigh

18. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    Too many!! that whole shoot down the sun thing from SFoA.

And a really good one! From HT

"You can't break them out!" the Ryn

"You just watch me" -Han

"You're demented!"- the Ryn

"Tell me somthing I don't know!" - Han

"Okay, now about, we're unarmed!- the Ryn

Gosh I love that!

bterrik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.