Favorite EU Author

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Genghis12, May 8, 2001.

?

Favorite EU Author

Poll closed Mar 28, 2012.
R. A. Salvatore 15 vote(s) 10.7%
Mike Stackpole 51 vote(s) 36.4%
James Luceno 14 vote(s) 10.0%
Kathy Tyers 14 vote(s) 10.0%
Greg Keyes 3 vote(s) 2.1%
Michael Reeves 3 vote(s) 2.1%
Jude Watson 2 vote(s) 1.4%
Aaron Allston 27 vote(s) 19.3%
Kevin Anderson 7 vote(s) 5.0%
Dan Wallace 4 vote(s) 2.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LanceJade Jedi Master

star 4
    Genghis, just to settle this, we should find a web page and make a poll and include every Star Wars author on it. Let them debate that.
  2. Pellaeon69187 Force Ghost

star 5
    Timothy Zahn is the BEST SW author, in my opinion.
  3. Danamel99 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I hate to go along with the masses, but in this case I must. I love Tim Zahn. His first trilogy re-newed my ongoing fascination with Star Wars. For that and the fact that I love his style, he is my favorite!
  4. crystal417 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd have to go with Timothy Zahn.
  5. Dev Sibwarra Jedi Master

star 4
    The poll asks for our favorite EU author, not our favorite among those listed. So, I'm going to have to submit a write-in vote for Zahn.
  6. Yun-Yuuzhan Force Ghost

star 4
  7. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
  8. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Genghis is playing with our minds! His infamous hatred for Zahn's work has led to his exclusion from this poll! He won't let us choose him, thus forcing us to pick another favorite author!!! NOOOO, I'll never join you!

Put's on Luke voice

You've failed, Genghis. I'm a Zahn fan, like my father before me.

G12: So be it, Zahn fan

Proceeds to zap me with force lightning

:p
  9. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    Write in vote for Zahn.
  10. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Rogue Squadron is by far the best series in all Star Wars literature. Stackpole captures the intensity of the dogfights, and the personal drama of each character's story.
  11. Bror Jace Force Ghost

star 3
    I want to vote for Timothy Zahn.
  12. Lordban Force Ghost

star 5
    Today's recap, 7:30 am PST :

1) Timothy Zahn & Mike Stackpole (the former being not on the list :D ) with 29 votes

3) Aaron Allston (18)

4) RA Salvatore, James Luceno, Kathy Tyers (9)

7) Michael Reeves, Kevin J Anderson (3)

9) Greg Keyes (2)

10) Jude Watson, Dan Wallace, Greg Bears, AC Crispin, Brian Daley (1)

Genghis12, look at the way your own, biased
    creation went out of your hand : even though he's not offered as a choice, Tim Zahn is ex aequo with Mike Stackpole on top - and I didn't substract the vote from Jarik who clearly said he'd have voted Zahn instead of Stackpole, which would give Zahn the lead.
    You have recently reposted that from your POV, Zahn was no longer liked by the Star Wars Literature community. Your own poll states that it's your POV.

Accept the lesson there's behind those figures, and those from all the polls where Zahn has been offered as a pick : Zahn is still #1.
  13. ChildOfWinds Chosen One

star 5
    Timothy Zahn is my favorite author too. I voted for Kathy Tyers for this poll as she is a very close second.
  14. Wylding Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I like'em all, but I notced that Zahn is represented...
  15. EMPRESS Jedi Knight

star 3
  16. Darth Tuna Jedi Master

star 2
  17. JediTwinSunMoon Jedi Knight

star 1
    Zahn and Stakepole are great BUT it is Aaron Allston that I enjoy reading. He is the ONLY author who has made me laugh out loud...Yub,Yub Commander...
  18. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    LanceJade...
    "Genghis, just to settle this, we should find a web page and make a poll and include every Star Wars author on it. Let them debate that."

:D I agree. To everyone else (well, a few people at least) - don't blame me that there is a fairly low limit on the number of choices allowed. Leaving Zahn out is no different than leaving the Davids' off or Hambly off, etc. People were going to be left off and Zahn was one of them. Get over it.
  19. Dewlanna Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    I've noticed that when Zahn is left off a poll many people cast a write-in vote, can the same be said for Hambly or the Davids?

Tyers, Crispin, Allston, even KJA, I've seen get a handful of write-in votes on polls they've been left off, but nothing like the overwhelming write-in votes for Zahn this poll has generated
  20. Lordban Force Ghost

star 5
    Seconding Dewlanna on this one.

As of now, 32 of the 70 replies to this thread (this one included) voice a vote for Tim Zahn, even though there have been several remainders one should not vote Zahn as he's not proposed.
  21. MJ.Frodo Jedi Master

star 4
    I've already voted,but of course I'd like to vote for Timothy Zahn if listed ;)
    He's my favor SW author,besides Kathy and Greg Keyes.
  22. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Lordban...
    "As of now, 32 of the 70 replies to this thread (this one included) voice a vote for Tim Zahn, even though there have been several remainders one should not vote Zahn as he's not proposed."

So, basically what you're suggesting is that those fans who like Tim Zahn may be illiterate? I suppose that is certainly one valid conclusion which can be made about your observation. That would certainly explain a whole lot about his popularity and those who like him :D
  23. MJ.Frodo Jedi Master

star 4
    "those fans who like Tim Zahn may be illiterate?"

Better illiterate and have fun :D

The better thing with reading The Trawn Trilogie,is that it's available in every country, what cann't be said from the Marvel comics :D
  24. aleja Jedi Knight

star 3
    Timothy Zahn.

One has to be literate AND a critical thinker to be able to make an independent choice and not blindly accept what one is given. After all, the poll is not entitled "Favorite EU Author of Those Listed," but rather, "Favorite EU Author," which implies making a choice among all the authors who have ever worked in the EU. Therefore, those who are writing in are actually demonstrating their literacy by reading the title of the poll and responding in kind.
  25. Lordban Force Ghost

star 5
    Genghis12, you're treading on a dangerous path (17 people on this thread flamed by your last post).

No, it highlights all the more the fact Zahn is liked, plus it probably has not been read by several people who voted for Zahn without reading the entire thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.