main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Favorite EU Authors?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darkslayer, Jan 22, 2017.

1. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Stackpole his work really got me into reading the novels,prior to the x-wing books I had only read Glove of Darth Vader, two of the young jedi knights books, and the tales of the jedi comics. Created an Iconic original character, stories had interesting situations, his two njo novels have some of the best non lucern or strover stuff in that series with the battle of ithor. the first half of I, jedi made what I found boring about the jedi academy trilogy interesting.

Lucerno- I like his writing style and he is amazing at writing books that book end the film entries(cloak of deception, labryinth of evil, dark lord) . his njo stuff is great as well.

Strover- The ROTS novelization, Traitor, Shatterpoint, nuff said.

Allston- best humor in any star wars books.

2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I personally liked Troy Denning, just because his books were always edgy. There was always tension and you never felt relaxed for more than a moment. He had his failings but excitement was always present in his books. Whatever happened to that guy anyways? I haven't seen him write anything for years.

3. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Zahn, Luceno and Allston are my favorites. But I must say that Claudia Gray and Alexander Freed did a pretty darn good job. I need to see another novel by E.K Johnston before I have a solid opinion of her. But I thought she portrayed Ahsoka well enough that I'm optimistic.

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

He wrote a Halo novel last year or the year before, but that's the last I've heard.

5. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I would say John Jackson Miller and James Luceno.

Both of them understand that while Stars has dark elements (In ANH a planet is blown up and Luke's Aunt and Uncle are murdered and we see their burnt bodies) but it's not Dark in and of itself, it doesn't dwell on the darkness

Balaaa likes this.
  6. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    John Jackson Miller did some really good work. I love Knight Errant and the Lost Tribe of the Sith. I am not a big fan of American comics, but the Knight Errant comics were really good, too.

spicer likes this.
  7. AplagueOnTheWise

AplagueOnTheWise Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Agree, Miller is a fantastic write I thoroughly enjoy his works, I loved Tribe of the Sith. Lebbons take on the ancient Jedi is fascinating as well same with Kemp. Drew is also a very fun writer even though his work is usually on the simple and short side. But by far the best is Luceno. He captures the lore and characters flawlessly. I just don't like Gray or Wendig, they bore the living hell out of me.