main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Favorite Fett

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by enigmaticjedi, Mar 31, 2015.

1. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    If you are just considering the movies, is there really any good reason to like Boba Fett more than Jango Fett?

Although Boba has many accomplishments in the EU, he doesn't do that much in the movies. Boba tracks the Milennium Falcon to Bespin. That's it; his failure against Luke resulted in a lame Sarlacc death.

Jango, on the other hand, was more impressive. He fought very well against Obi-Wan, actually used the Slave I ship in combat, and killed a Jedi like it was nothing. Honestly, Jango was everything we expected Boba to be in the movies.

I made this topic, because I've seen Star Wars movie fans who like Boba more. While everyone is entitiled to their opinions, it just seems like Jango was the cooler movie character.

Thoughts?

2. fives_is_alive

fives_is_alive Jedi Knight

Jun 13, 2014
    No slight to Bobba intended, but I have always liked Jango better. Not only does he have the coolest vibrant blue armor, but we also get to see his fighting skills in action. Now while of course Bobba never had an opportunity to really show off his skills, I was just simply never that impressed.

Consider this as well about Jango. Here is a man chosen to be the template for the clone army of the republic. Chosen to be the template for the very ones who would eventually play a key part in murdering the Jedi. Paplatine would not just pick anybody. Now while I understand that technically Bobba is the same as Jango there are still variations that make Bobba different in his ability to fight as well as his father.

3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Those of us who grew up with the OT probably are going to prefer Boba Fett because he came first, and before so much was written about him I think a lot of people liked that he was kind of this mysterious bounty hunter with some bad ass armor and a cool ship. My preferring him to Jango is more of a nostalgia thing than anything than what the characters accomplish in the movies.

4. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Jango's armor and arsenal of gadgetry is more impressive but I like Boba better. He's more quiet and mysterious, which makes him more menacing. Plus, I love the sound of spurs clanking the ground as he and Vader reveal themselves to Han and Leia in ESB.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Messi

Messi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2015
    Boba because of his history in the whole saga, and Boba also has a atmosphere of mistery around him, he never shows his face. But I have to admit that they made a good job with Jango too, very nice armor and good scenes in AOTC.

6. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I'm more partial to Jango as he just does more film wise. Plus, I really enjoy the game Bounty Hunter so that probably helps. I still like Boba but it's only in the EU where he seems to do anything.

7. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'll go with Jango. He killed his partner. Nearly kills Obi-Wan in space. Kills some more Jedi in the Geonosis arena.

I don't hate Boba, but he doesn't really do a whole lot. He stands around. Follows the Millennium Falcon. Stands around some more and then falls in the Sarlacc Pit.

8. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Jango only exists because of Boba's popularity.

So Boba.

Isaiah9823 and Force Smuggler like this.
  9. Queen Apailana

Queen Apailana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    I'm going to go with Boba. I like Boba as a kid (Get him Dad, get him! Fire!) in AOTC, kid/teen in TCW, and then he's fun in the OT. It's cool watching him grow up throughout the series. With Jango, we only get to see him for a brief moment in his life.

Saga Explorer and mes520 like this.
  10. Cyreides

Cyreides Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 19, 2014
    Jango. I've never particularly cared for Boba and never really seen the appeal. He does nothing and dies in one of the dumbest ways possible, whereas Jango does a crap ton of stuff and is a real part of the plot in AOTC. He is, as someone already said, the template for an entire army, and he almost kills Obi-Wan. On top of that it takes Mace Windu to take him down.

Also he just looks cooler imo

11. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I like Boba better, simply because he was the original and I don't feel we needed Jango. Not everything in the OT had to connect to the PT, it was just as likely that Boba was a young Mandalorian just chillin' in the PT. He didn't have to be fully involved with the main plot.

Plus, I always loved the way he touches the chick's chin in Jabba's palace before he goes to take care of bizz-nass. Play on, playa.

12. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
  13. Isaiah9823

Isaiah9823 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2015
    Completely agree! Boba deserved more screen time and more of a story

14. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    As a kid, I used to be very fascinated by Boba Fett, even before I was aware about all the hype around him. And I watched the Prequels before the Original Trilogy, so even though Jango was the first 'badass bounty hunter' that I saw on screen, Boba appealed more to me for some reason. Growing up, I realised that Jango Fett did a lot more in the movies and was actually more of a badass then Boba.

In-universe, I think Boba is supposed to have became a better bounty hunter then Jango. I believe that Jango mentiones in the Attack of the Clones novelisation that 10-year old Boba was better then him when he was his age. We can assume only that Boba got a lot stronger after Jango's death (having to take care of himself) and grew up to be the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, even surpassing the strength and reputation of his late father.

15. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    I've always thought Boba was cooler even though we dont get to see him do stuff onscreen like Jango.

16. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    I totally agree that Jango did accomplish more in the movies and have always thought that but just based on his iconic look and the fact that he was the Fett I grew up with, I have to say that Boba is my favorite.

17. darth_revan96

darth_revan96 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 18, 2015
    My favorite Fett is Jason Wingreen.

18. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015

Haha - Jango for my part - Boba Fett may be a living Legacy of Jango Fett ... BUT then one could ask themselves - had it not been for Jango Fett - sure we may still have had another Boba Fett in the form of another character or design but any where to relate to Jango Fett? And the fact given Jango Fett after all he did contribute indirectly and helped start off the clones and Boba Fett and such and up until his death he did influence Boba Fett to a fair degree in the end - after all his moral code and honor by Bounty Hunter standards (compared to say Cad Bane who is more than trigger happy and only in for the money ... ) and well Slave I and the armor and such ...

Another 'bounty for thought' I'd like to ask you enigmaticjedi - more of a 'what if' given IF Jango Fett had survived and escaped with Count Dooku and the Separatist cronies and thugs - could and would things have been different? Atleast for Boba Fett? He did become more cold hearted and daring and determined - up until then he seemed somewhat a 'happier' individual but the moment he tried to kill Mace Windu ...

19. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    Jango's death did have a tremendous part in making Boba who he is. Nevertheless, I think Jango simply does more in the movies. He fought evenly with Obi-Wan, killed Zam, killed a Jedi effortlessly, killed the Geonosian beast, and actually used Slave I in combat. Thus, in terms of the movies alone, I like Jango more.

20. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Mirta gev but she is does not exist anymore I did like her interaction with Boba, it was cool to see him try do right by his granddaugter, actually one of the few redeeming qualities about the post njo eu and Karen traviss eu work especially.

21. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I guess Jango but it's pretty close. Maybe if we got to see that interaction between Boba and Bane in the Clone Wars, my opinion would've changed. Jango just...does more.

22. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Boba. Still think Jango's awesome, though.

23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I thought Jango's armor looked like cheap plastic.

24. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Boba Fett. It's all about the mini cape.

25. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015

Hello again! You know I'd pay to see Jango Fett square off against the following:

1.) BATMAN - let's face it - Batman BY HUMAN STANDARDS is VERY STRONG - I'm guessing he'd probably outmuscle Jango Fett - though its hard to say given well different universes and whilst Batman can benchpress more than the average Olympic or Power Lifting Athlete ... then again Jango Fett trained the Clones ... and Mandalorians are not to be messed around with ...

2.) MASTER CHIEF ...

3.) TERMINATOR - so pretty much up to the T-3000 John Connor Terminator for the matter ...

4.) Jason Bourne ... given you can't really kill him as he's always 'BOURNE AGAIN!'

5.) 007 ...

6.) Predator

7.) Alien Queen

8.) Autobots/Decepticons ...

9.) This may be silly ... BUT ... GODZILLA >:D Assuming the 2014 or the 1990s incarnations ...