1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

PT Favorite Jedi from the prequels?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jebba, Jan 8, 2018.

Favorite Jedi from the prequels?

1. Yoda

2. Mace Windu

3. Obi-Wan Kenobi

4. Anakin Skywalker

5. Kit Fisto

6. Aayla Secura

7. Shaak Ti

8. Adi Gallia

9. Ki-Adi-Mundi

10. Plo Koon

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jebba

Jebba Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2018
    Who’s everyone’s favorite Jedi from the prequels?
  2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Obi-Wan. He's always been my favorite PT character.
  3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 7, 2014
    Gotta love Kit Fisto:

I also love Plo Koon, his relationships with Ahsoka and his clones were always great, and I loved his personalised 'Wolf pack' troopers.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  4. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2013
    Obi-Wan is my favourite Jedi overall so he got my vote. My favourite minor Jedi though is Ki-Adi-Mundi.
  5. Jebba

Jebba Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2018
    Kit Fisto is my favorite, and I also like Aayla Secura.
  6. Princess Of Manchester

Princess Of Manchester Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2018
    Anakin. He was so interesting. I mean the way George wrote him.
    wobbits and Subtext Mining like this.
  7. Dandelo

Dandelo Force Ghost star 7

Aug 25, 2014
    Yoda plus Qui-Gon
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  8. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Mace Windu because he's a BMF.
  9. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 12, 2017
    Mace Windu. I like his no nonsense style. He's also a total badass. He took out Jango Fett and gave Palpatine a serious run for his money. He's also the only Jedi cool enough to pull off a purple lightsaber.
  10. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Force Ghost star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Anakin. His story just fascinates me more than any other SW lead. I appreciate how it took the mythic coolness of the whole Jedi thing and explored it from an angle that emphasized a lonely wistfulness.
  11. boonjj

boonjj Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2016
    Qui-Gon. Then Anakin.
  12. Avnar

Avnar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Kit Fisto! No contest...
  13. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2018
    Depends on where in the galaxy we are... Since Obi-Wan is my overall favourite he has to get my vote when we consider the movies separately, but actually I liked Qui-Gon better in TPM. Probably because he got more time in the movie. If we go to "Clone Wars" I guess Obi-Wan has to win there as well, but Plo Koon and Ahsoka are very close to be winners.
  14. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Given Yoda is in the OT, I'm going to say Mace Windu, but close second is Qui Gon.

However I am a BIG fan of Aayla Secura for intellectual reasons.
    Darth Weavile likes this.
  15. ss640

ss640 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    Where is Luminara! Qui-Jon followed by her are my faves
    Subtext Mining likes this.
  16. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 27, 2016

He's like the invisible cog in the gears of the story.

And his part in it all is a compelling one. He foresaw the coming galactic conflict and suggested creating an army for the Republic, but was deemed too extreme. He's the one who had the clarity but nobody would listen to him. Should they have? Conundrums.
    The tragedy is that his clarity and vision were taken advantage of by Sidious & Dooku, just as they did with the Jedi's arrogance. Either way, Sidious wins.

I'm fascinated by the intrigue and deep mystery surrounding his death, the way Dooku used his identity and the way his name is surreptitiously and puzzlingly attached the creation of the Clones, the way he is connected with Boba Fett's existence, there's almost too much...

Sifo-Dyas' mysterious death, his connection to the placement of the order for the clones, and the deletion of Kamino from the records all serve as poignant representatives for the troubling, clandestine machinations of the Sith and how they used people's strengths to pave the way to their demise. They're also manifestations of Dooku's response to the dysfunctional Republic and the Jedi's blindspots. And from this comes this clone army - their executioners - grafted onto the Republic to be the soldiers of the Empire. (Attack shares it's etymological roots with attach, and clone shares etymological roots with branch).

He will always reside as a phantom in the unseen aspect of the Star Wars universe. The substratum that lies beneath the flashy, cool lightsaber stuff. Both of which Lucas & team did so well.

And in a way he's sort of an equivalent of Anakin but on a more elusive plane. Their fates are both largely tied in with the consequences of the shortcomings of the Jedi and the manipulation of the Sith. Yet they are also yin/yang opposites in that Sifo-Dyas had clarity while Anakin's problem was distortion over fears and attachments.

Which brings me to my other favorite Jedi of course, Anakin. And Qui-Gon, too.

And while I'm including both cartoon series', I also can't get enough of Shaak-Ti, Ahsoka, Plo-Koon, Eeth Koth, Quinlan Vos, Barriss Offee & Lumiara, and everyone else. Even Depa Bilaba in the way she sacrificed herself to ensure Kanan's escape. "Go, I'll be right behind you."
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    {Quantum/MIDI} likes this.
  17. Jebba

Jebba Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2018
    I wonder how Oppo Rancisis dies because he mysteriously is no longer on the council by the time of episode 3, but it never says when/how he dies.
  18. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Host of Star Wars Character Contest star 6 VIP - Game Host

Sep 30, 2012
    Kit Fisto is my favourite character full stop.
  19. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 5

May 31, 2004
    Anakin Skywalker
  20. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Anakin Skywalker. Has the most interesting journey of any SW character imo.
    wobbits likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Force Ghost star 9

Feb 18, 2014
    Obi Wan and Anakin.
  22. Johnnythewizard

Johnnythewizard Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2017
    I've never been a huge fan of the Jedi, but my favorites are definitely Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui Gon Jinn.
  23. PadawanGussin

PadawanGussin Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 6, 2017
    What about Akosha Tano ? I thought her story, continued in novel form is very good.
    Ahsoka's Tano, Outsourced and Snafu55 like this.
  24. Jedi of Baker Street

Jedi of Baker Street Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    It was nearly a tough decision between Qui Gon and Obi-Wan but it had to be Obi-Wan. He was just too cool in the PT, wise, calm, daring and he had swagger with those light sabre twirls. Now THAT'S a Jedi lol.
  25. Kladdagh

Kladdagh Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2017
    I like Qui Gon Jinn but I don't see him in the poll ... Whatever ... Love also Obi Wan ... We can follow his journey as a Jedi in the prequel ... That is great =)