main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favorite KOTOR character?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by rogue_wookiee, May 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Dark-Power

A-Dark-Power Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2005
    Kreia rocks! Her character is brilliant - like the Emperor of the old republic, minipulating everyone into her own doing.
    Also HK-47, brilliantly entertaining to listen to!

2. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    As annoying as she is, Kreia is a unique character to the Star Wars universe.

3. Jasper_Kazai

Jasper_Kazai Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2005
    HK-47 is just hilarious. I always brought him along once I earned him hoping he'd say something funny. Unfortunately, he didn't say anything funny after Tatooine.
    Or, that I know of, at least. I know it's unbelieveable, but I still haven't beaten KotOR 1.:eek:Even with cheats! I just kept getting bored of it...

4. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Hk is my favorite after Revan of course he is the best droid in all of SW im always in stitches with almost everthing he says.

5. Darth_Danger

Darth_Danger Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 2005
    I have to agree with the majority of the group when I say that hk is the most outright funny, but jolee is pretty cool and says some really deep stuff. Like when he explained about how every hero thinks that their particular epic battle or their particular time is and will always be the most important. And also when he explained about how no matter which civilization eventually conquers the entire galaxy, whether it be sith, republic or mandilorians, something will eventually bring them down, it is impossible to defeat all your enemies. What do you think? Also, kotor rocks and i have beaten it 4 times light side and dark side, don't ya just hate me?

6. Hypernova

Hypernova Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
  7. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Yeah, I guess HK is hilarious, its just that I didn't find him funny and either games. No offense to anyone but to me it felt like his humor is that typical Star Wars Geek Humor.

I don't know, maybe I play too much Rockstar Games and I'm used to their dark humor lol.

Outside of humor, HK is a nice and valuable character at times.

8. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    Bastila and HK-47 :)

9. Jasper_Kazai

Jasper_Kazai Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2005
    Grand Theft Auto rocks.[face_dancing]
    LIBERTY CITY COCKS RULE!!!!!!

[/offtopic]

10. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Bastila. She was hawt. Brunettes are my thing.

11. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Ewww, you get excited over a polygonal videogame character? Lol, Just kidding. But yeah, the people at Bioware did do a good job of making her attractive, but not slutty attractive like 99.9999% of the other female videogame characters.

Bastilla was attractive in a sophisticated and mature way.

12. Darth_Danger

Nov 27, 2005
    I hear you, man. Get a sophisticated british video game chick and give her a long smooth shaft of light that could slice off a head. Who says power isn't sexy?

Also, did anyone find carth's voice acting was kind of odd; there would be points in a sentence that he was saying where he would use unnecessry emotion or force. I geuss it did help out his character a bit, but damn did it get annoying.

13. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    A lot of people find the Carth character annoying but I believe that he represents a strong group of individuals in our society. Carth represents those people who is hard to trust others because he has been back-stabbed before. His son joins the sith, his mentor destroys his homeworld, his fellow Jedi/Republic soliders that he faught with turned into Sith etc etc etc. Bioware was just trying to exaggerate on the idea of being paranoid to other people's ambitions and Carth was the person for that idea.

14. Darth_Danger

Nov 27, 2005
    I totally agree with you, I didn't mean that I found Carth as a character annoying, just his voice. I feel the same about his character and I think her had one of the more solid, believable and interesting backstories. I think a nice add on to the light side ending of Kotor would have been Carth finally telling your character that despite everything, he finally trusts you. It may have been corny but still nice. Please forgive me if this did infact happen, I haven't played the game since I beat it last. It could also happen in the 2nd kotro, I haven't played it yet. Also (forgive me for rambling), I think Carth takes a bit to much criticism, without him there would be a large part in the game missing.

15. sepharih

sepharih Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2005
    Kreia.

She made me completely reevaluate my entire perspective on the Star Wars universe, as my signature implies. She's Obsidians greatest gift to the world and, IMO, the greatest contribution the Expanded Universe ever has or ever WILL give to Star Wars.

If you want an Idea about how much I love her, here's a screen cap of my desktop.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Sepharih/Desktop.jpg]

16. Darth_Revans_Return

Darth_Revans_Return Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2005
    Revan

You are right, Kreia has also changed my perspective on the star wars univers immensly. I enjoyed the moment where I threw her into the depth of Malachor though.

17. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Speaking of Kreia and KOTOR/KOTOR 2 characters in general. It would be nice if authors created some comics/novels of KOTOR characters, just to give us a better insight to them. I mean just imagine a Jolee-Bindu novel of when he was in his 20s/30s or a Malak novel before the Mandalorian Wars when he was just entering into the Jedi training.

I believe novels like that would sell pretty well. They may be videogame characters, but they hold as much EU credibility as other EU characters such as Mara Jade, Jacen Solo, Thrawn etc etc etc.

18. Oddly_Salacious

Oddly_Salacious Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    Revan, then HK & Ordo. Perhaps they are the most... realistic in their responses.
    I generally off Juhani rather than listen to her whimper, and wish I could off whomever I wish after that (hear that Wooks, Bastila?).

The Duros intrigue me. There're many possibilities here: technologies, myths, mutations, speciations.

19. Bripe_Klmun

Bripe_Klmun Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    Well, as Revan was my character in KoTR, he doesn't count...but otherwise I liked everyone but Carth, who I found insepid and whiney.

20. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Lol, but wouldn't it be fair to say that atleast Carth's story was more believable and human? Something that a lot of people can relate to. Thats why I liked the Carth character vs the others whos backstories were all exaggerated and things that normally wouldn't happen. Yes Carth was whiney, but it wasn't just out of nowhere whiney, he had his reasons and for that I understand him.

I don't know lol, I guess coming into KOTOR people expected the Carth character to resemble Han Solo and that wasn't the case so I guess people had that against him.

"He was a whiney version of Han Solo"

21. AnotherDarkJedi

AnotherDarkJedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2005
    HK-47 he was to funny :p

22. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Ewwww lol

I think I'm in the rare when I say that Atton Rand was funnier.

23. Shaoken

Shaoken Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2005
    HK-47

Because he could be complete serious and still make you laugh. And he has some of the best Quotes in the series.

I also found this fanart of the KOTOR cast:

Faces Galore 2

24. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    1st: Jolee Bindo
    2nd: HK-47
    3rd: Bastila

25. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    If I had to create a group from the two KOTOR this would be it

1) Player
    2) Kreia (Made me feel like a real Jedi Padawan)
    3) Mandalore/Canderous
    4) HK-47
    5) Astromech Droid (cant remember his name)
    6) Jolee Bindo (He was funny)
    7) Atton Rand (I prefer him over Carth Onasi)
    8) Bao-Dur
    9) Visas
    10) Bastila

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.