main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Favorite Kylo moment?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by AKyloTantrum, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "I didn't realize we had the best pilot in the Resistance on board."

"It's the trooper from the village. FN-2187."

"Han Solo."

2. Nanosoft

Nanosoft Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 15, 2015
    I absolutely LOVED his introduction. That was done perfectly.

"I'll SHOW YOU the Dark-side"

Stopping the blaster, staring down Finn....the whole opening scene was brilliant.

3. frail47

frail47 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    I agree about the whole introduction sequence. And I loved "The droid... stole a freighter."

Nanosoft likes this.
  4. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Kylo's sense of humor was unexpected but amazing! I should've expected it though from the son of Leia and Han!

Force22, Nanosoft and rowan_greenleaf like this.
  5. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yeah, I was won over straight away.

Nanosoft likes this.
  6. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    The cold contempt for age and experience in his "Look how old you've become" line to Lor San Tekka, followed by the brutal murder, is quite Clockwork Orange-esque for me.

[​IMG]

7. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016

Anything else...love it.

EHT and Nanosoft like this.
  8. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I like it when he unmasks and puts his helmet on the platform.

Force22 likes this.
  9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    This part was even better

[REMOVED] bootleg material

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Darkslayer Please be careful about the images you post. I had to delete it because it contained bootleg material.

My favorite scene of Kylo's is definitely when he talks to Vader's helmet. I get chills every time I watch it. And I love the line "I'll show you the dark side."

Force22 likes this.
  11. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Favorite is when Rey wakes up and sees Kylo crouching and watching her like some predatory animal. That sent chills down my spine. Sorta like a Norman Bates level of psychosis.
    I also like how Kylo was striking himself in his wounded side.

rowan_greenleaf likes this.
  12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Oh, I didn't even think about that. Sorry. I've seen people use it a bunch of times so that's where the confusion came in. Oversight on my part.

13. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    "Traitor !"

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  14. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    The entire Rey interrogation scene was awesome. However, my personal favorite has got to be when he turns to look at Finn in the village after he orders the massacre. The framing of that shot makes him look so creepy. He almost reminded me of a Nazgul from LOTR.

15. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    My favorite moment was when he discovered that Rey had escaped and his tantrum ensued.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  16. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm thinking back on his scenes, and it just dawned on me that any one of them could be an easy contender for my favorite. He was just that well realized a character.

Both temper tantrums. Him levitating that poor officer neck-first into his outstretched hand, like something out of a horror movie. Stopping the blaster bolt. Really the entire introduction. Him passing off snark to Hux. His interrogation of Poe. His interrogation of Rey. The encounter between him and Han. The duel. They're all so good.

But I think I have to give it to his one-way conversation with Vader's helmet. When you watch the movie again and it gets to that scene, look at how much emotion Driver is conveying without the use of his face. He's stripped of his most useful tool as an actor, and you still sense that Kylo is roiling over with all these conflicting emotions. It's all in his voice, which mind you is being fed through a filter and distorted, and his body language, which is what really sells the scene. When he raises his head, lowers it, and immediately snaps it back up to talk, you get the sense that he's searching for the precise words to articulate how he feels, struggling to pour his heart out to the one family member he still feels a genuine kinship to, but has never met.

17. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    SO hard to choose but to narrow it down as best I can... I can't possibly pick just one lol.

*When Kylo stops Poe's blaster shot.
    *The whole Kylo/Rey interrogation scene.
    *Kylo/Han on the walkway. "Your son was weak and foolish, so I destroyed him". The acting was just crazy good between both actors.
    *Hitting himself to inflict pain during his duel with Finn.

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I think it was actually, "Your son was weak and foolish like his father, so I killed him."

Which was, of course, another great line of his.

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I think "The droid... stole a freighter?" and "Anything else?" has to be mine. That whole scene makes me laugh and feel so bad for the poor guy who has to give Kylo the info.

Darth Dementor likes this.
  20. CrackedKyberCrystal

CrackedKyberCrystal Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 9, 2016
    My favorite is when Kylo first emerges from his landing craft on Jakku, stops for a moment to survey the scene, and then continues to walk, up to the moment he chillingly says to Lor San Tekka "Look how old you've become"

Just a phenomenal introduction to the character.

Also love:
    "Show me grandfather"
    &
    "The droid...stole a freighter?"
    &
    When Kylo discovers Rey has escaped he throws his arms back as his rage rises then switches on his saber and trashes the place. Very nice.

rumblewagon likes this.
  21. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Speaking of the scene in the Jakku village, I also like how Kylo just squats down and stares at Poe. The long uncomfortable silence that prompts Poe to say "who talks first?". [face_laugh]

22. AbsolX

AbsolX Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2015
    When he is conquering the rebel village. The whole grabbing the blaster bolt. His being so overpowered It was before I saw his face, it just ruined his entire image.

23. JCassidy

JCassidy Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2016
    The line 'Don't be afraid, I feel it too' when interrogating Rey. This line really fascinates me, as he almost comes across as being kind and understanding towards Rey in just those few seconds (and to a lesser extent with his 'You need a teacher' line in the forest) As for what it means, I think Rey probably feels some uncomfortable physical sensation when Ren is trying to read her mind, and Ren is assuring her by saying he feels the same sensation. I just thought this very small exchange added a huge amount of intrigue to his character, and hinted at a possible fondness or his feeling some kind of connection to Rey.

24. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015

That officer, is acted so well, The sheer look of Terror on the Officers face knowing he's having to give Kylo bad news is just excellent!

25. Darth Dementor

Darth Dementor Jedi Master star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    So...many can't...choose one... resisting urge to.... write dissertation.

To keep it to a minimum the interrogation scene and the lightsaber duel, particularly when he's toying with Finn and starts to beat his wound.

Force22, darth_frared and jimmycrank like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.