main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite Lightsaber Duel in Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Vialco, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    One of the great things about TCW were sheer number of lightsaber duels. From Dooku vs Anakin on Tatooine to Savage vs Dooku and Ventress to the epic battle in the Lawless.

Out of all these battles, which was your favorite?

For me it's Maul and Savage vs Sidious by far. That battle had the most powerful Sith Lord in the galaxy flex his muscles. Plus the sheer Force feats were amazing, from Sidious throwing the brothers against the wall to Sidious's mid-air somersault where he pulls the brothers down with him.

While the Lawless was my favorite, Dooku vs Obi-Wan and Anakin in the Lost One is a close second.

What's your favorite Clone Wars Lightsaber Duel?

whostheBossk and Ananta Chetan like this.
  2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    My favourite is Dooku vs Ventress and the other Nightsisters when he's blinded by the poison. That was awesome. :D

3. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Season 1: Tie between Ventress vs. Luminara & Ahsoka and Kit Fisto vs. Grievous. Honorary mention: Grievous vs. Ahsoka, because it is hilariously one-sided.
    Season 2: Ahsoka vs. Barriss (I actually can't recall any other duels from this season.)
    Season 3: Dooku vs Ventress & those two Nightsisters
    Season 4: Maul & Savage vs Obi-Wan & Ventress
    Season 5: Tie between Sidious vs. Maul & Savage and Maul vs. Viszla. Honorary mention: Grievous vs. Ahsoka, because Ahsoka has definitely improved since season 1...but it's still very one-sided. :p
    Season 6: Yoda's mind & fake Anakin vs. Palpatine's mind & fake Dooku

4. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
  5. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    We should really make a thread about the second best duel, because that fight is first on pretty much everyone's list. :p

Sable_Hart and Vthuil like this.
  6. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Obi-Wan Kenobi and Asajj Ventress vs Darth Maul and Savage Opress.

Everyone, including Obi-Wan, wielding red.

8. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Probably Sidious vs. Maul and Savage for me, however I also greatly enjoyed Sidious vs. Yoda in season 6; that duel is right under Sidious vs. Maul and Savage for me.

[​IMG]

Sable_Hart likes this.
  9. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    I did enjoy Yoda vs Sidious in the Moraband illusion, though it felt a bit too similar to ROTS for me to put it as my second favourite. Dooku on Obadiah against the Jedi and the Pykes was good just because we finally got to see the Count as he was in AOTC; the powerful Sith Lord Darth Tyranus. It almost redeems his embarrassing capture by Hondo Ohnaka. Almost.

10. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I got a big kick out of the fact that he was literally fighting them with one hand behind his back.

Ananta Chetan and Vialco like this.
  11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    All the lightsaber fights in the series were really well done to be honest. CW team really do a phenomenal job at length. The Darth Maul vs Vizla was very exceptionally well done and to me the best of the series imo. It also reminded me of Starkiller vs Boba Fett fight in the Ultimate Sith Edition TFU. Maul and Opress vs Sidious had Sidious jumping around too much and it wasnt long enough, Opress died too soon and Maul's duel with his old master should've been more epic in scope - in a solo manner even if the episode ran 8 minutes overtime .

12. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The original Maul and Savage vs Sidious fight ran longer but they cut it down to make way for other stuff elsewhere.

It's a pity, since the final cut ends up looking like a bit of a one sided curbstomp. In the longer version, since released as an animatic, the brothers look a bit more threatening, even pinning Sidious to the wall with the Force at one point. It looks more even than the fight we got in the final cut.

The Shadow Emperor and Vorax like this.
  13. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Personally, I think I prefer it as a curbstomp.

Sable_Hart likes this.
  14. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Yeah so do I. It's very fitting that Sidious only uses his trademark lightning at the very end, once Maul has already been defeated.

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I just watched it for the first time:

http://www.theforce.net/story/telev..._5_Deleted_Animatic_Fight_Sequence_154750.asp

Shame and pity indeed. Looks like tease, would like to see the entire unfinished or alternate version. That explains a few things I suspected for a while. Looks like they wanted a more one sided and faster fight, probably at Lucas' request. The animatic shows Maul and Opress' block lightning with their lightsabers and they then walk towards deflecting Sidious, pushing the current back towards him. So this confirms they were both indeed well trained and strong opponents to fight against Sidious and not mere props to be tossed about by Sidious like the aired episode makes it to be. Sidious also gets again over powered by Maul and force thrown and held against the wall who Sidious tries dropping an object(chandelier I guess) to break out've the deadlock, Opress then leapt to Maul's defense and attempted to impale Sidious but Sidious wiggled away and dodged the deathstrike. Hopefully they would one day released an extended edition as the scene would be quite excellent. I also like how Sidious went down the narrow corridor trying to fight one opponent at a time, was like one of his typical fleeing from the fight maneuvers and reminiscent of TPM when Maul drew the Jedi towards the ray shields.

The dynamic of the fight needed be more grander, with greater odds and not predictable. Where its like yeah, Sidious thought he could take them but now is not thinking this was such a good idea. These are indeed rivals.

16. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    This one:

Just lovin' seeing the good Count being properly badass again.

17. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

I have to say, this is propably my favorite one as well.

Short, precise and right to the point. Dooku was badass, but Obi-Wan and Anakin were not humiliated like Dooku was in every other duel they do.
    The music was phenomenal, the animation supreme and Dooku was fighting with an ease that I find hard not to like. :)

whostheBossk and Nayath like this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Well if it isn't Skywalker's filthy obnoxious little pet."

That one and the Sidious duel in The Lawless.

19. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Ventress kicked so much ass in that episode.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Sidious vs. Maul/Savage is great, but I am not sure if I like it or Maul vs. Vizsla better. Both were pretty amazing.

21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  22. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Congrats Adi, you didn't get stepped on. You got headbutted instead.
    [​IMG]
    Kit Fisto is awesome.

whostheBossk and Ananta Chetan like this.
  23. Mr. Atom Bomb

Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Not so much a duel, but by far the most visually impressive lightsaber moment of the show for me was when Krell just let loose in the tower in Carnage of Krell. That was incredibly cool-looking.

24. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Indeed, that was most impressive. Krell certainly massacred an great number of clones before he finally got put down. It would have been interesting to see him fight a Jedi one on one, or even Dooku for that matter.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    My favorite is Obi-Wan vs. Maul and Savage on Hondo's world. I loved how Obi-Wan outsmarted them after they had kicked his butt before.

I of course love Sidious vs. Maul and Savage.

And Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Dooku in The Lost One.