main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite Multi-Episode Arc in The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Feb 14, 2011.

?

Favorite Multi-Episode Arc in The Clone Wars

Poll closed Aug 13, 2011.
  1. Malevolence (Season 1)

7.7%
  2. Nute Gunray (Bombad, Cloak, Lair - Season 1)

6.2%
  3. Ryloth (Season 1)

1.5%
  4. Holocron/Cad Bane (Season 2)

6.2%
  5. Geonosis (Season 2)

9.2%
  6. Mandalorian (Season 2)

18.5%
  7. Boba Fettt (Season 2)

6.2%
  8. Domino Squad (Rookies, Cadets, ARC - S1/S3)

4.6%
  9. Nightsisters/Savage Oppress (Season 3)

12.3%
  10. Mortis (Season 3)

27.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Let's generate some more discussion.

We've now had quite a number of multi-episode arcs in TCW, and they tend to be some of the strongest material.

I'm surprisingly going to go back to Season 1 and go with the Ryloth trilogy. The first episode had Mar Tuuk, one of my favorite "new" villains in the series, and Innocents of Ryloth might be a top 5 episode for me. Plus, Liberty On Ryloth had Mace Windu kicking butt. I could see why Dave and Henry were so excited about and proud of this arc, as the series took a big step in scale and in animation in the Ryloth trilogy.

I sometimes wonder where TCW would be if Henry Gilroy was still working on it. :)

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    While I hated the "amnesia touch" from Father, I loved the Mortis arc slightly more then the rest as I love lore and delving deeper into the Force is right up my alley.

Cad Bane's arc was my second followed closely by Ventress' arc.

-JR

3. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I had a feeling there would be a tonne of Mortis afterglow, but that's okay.[face_laugh]

4. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I think TCW is at its strongest when we get these longer arcs. It?s just great that we every year now get 3-4 Star Wars mini movies, it?s wonderful to not have to wait 3-16 years between the arrival of a new Star Wars epic.

My list:

1. Mortis - This one is just amazing. Anakin?s despair at seeing his future, the confrontation with Dark Ahsoka, Qui-Gons return, the fantastic Son and Father characters, the epic ending with vintage Anakin finishing move, the awesome tone, music and animation and so much more makes this the best Star Wars experience I have had in years.

2. Malevolence

3. Nightsisters

4. Geonosis

5. Mandalore

5. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Had to vote for Geonosis even though I adored this Mortis Arc. The Geonosis arc was just fabulous when I first saw it, and overall has no weaker episode amongst it (unlike other trilogies: Bombad Jedi, Holocron Heist, Storm Over Ryloth, Monster)

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I have to disagree. Anything that a character learns or does is pretty much lost after a story arc, and it feels disjointed.

In Mortis' case, the characters don't have to worry about forgetting anything they learned, because they were already mind wiped in the episodes. :oops:

Anyway, where's that Saleucami arc, Garth? :p

7. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Had to go with the Mandalorian trilogy. Great action, GOOD CHARACTER MOMENTS, and politics that *gasp!* made sense and weren't overly-simplified.

Definitely the show's shining moment for me.

8. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Agreed on this. It started out strong with excellent EU damage control, got even better with Voyage of Temptation, and culminated in Duchess of Mandalore, my favorite episode to date.

I loved how they actually established the world building of the New Mandalorian culture without overriding standbys like the Death Watch.

And then there was the season 3 two parter....[face_sick]

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Mandalorian, if I have to choose. As said above, good character moments, action, humor, nice banter...and very enjoyable.

10. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    "I have to disagree. Anything that a character learns or does is pretty much lost after a story arc, and it feels disjointed."

Do you have any example except Father erasing Anakin?s memory of his future?

I liked Anakin being shown his future for two reasons (and the fact that it?s an awesome scene by itself):

1. It is clearly shown that Anakin is not ok with what Vader does at all.

2. That in the GL version of SW the minute you join the Dark side your priorities and morality gets totally twisted. The EU has way too many characters walking back and forth without it necessarily "forever will it dominate your destiny". Anakin wanted to change the future were he among other things destroyed the Jedi, but once he embraced the Dark side he was right away convinced destroying them was the thing to do.

Both of these points help ROTS work for me.

11. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Have you watched any of the episode arcs then compare them to episodes? It's pretty self explanatory/noticeable. It goes back to the new timeline not being established and them jumping around the timeline is causing this mess.

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I had a feeling.:p

I almost feel that you have to put Mortis in a different category because it's so dissimilar to anything else.

I'd probably go:

Ryloth
    Mando
    Geonosis
    Mortis
    Domino Squad

and then I'd really have to think about it.

14. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003

"Have you watched any of the episode arcs then compare them to episodes? It's pretty self explanatory/noticeable. It goes back to the new timeline not being established and them jumping around the timeline is causing this mess."

That?s a bit of a problem with the series overall, but I don?t really see that much of it, and certainly not specific to the multipart arcs.

15. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Man, this is HARD.

My favourites would be (sort of in order):

1. Mortis arc
    2. Bane arc
    3. Mandalore arc
    4. Malevolence arc
    5. Geonosis arc

Up until now, I always said the Bane arc, but I think I might just have to go with the Mortis arc, because it's just so incredibly different.

But it might be afterglow too. Should have waited with this poll. :p

Voted Mortis arc.

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    It will be interesting to see, now that we are apparently going forward chronologically in time (from Heroes/Pursuit of Peace/Senate Murders onwards), if there is reference to earlier events, or if characters start growing in a consistent manner.

17. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah, I've been hoping to see that since the series started. I'm not expecting much though. But who knows, they might surprise us after all.

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    The transition from the "old character models" to the new one is a big jump itself. I would have liked it better if they waited until season four.

19. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    And we know Ahsoka isn't changing her appearance because we've seen her 20 years into the future wearing the same outfit. :p

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    This is a big coincidence. I was thinking about opening a poll about this.

Agreed.

Voted Gunray arc. They are not my favourite episodes, but they have nothing I dislike about them. The same can't be said about the rest (many arcs have a filler episode like the Malevolence, Geonosis, and Boba Fett).

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Well, the annoying thing is that in most of the actual Season 3 episodes (Cadets, ARC Troopers, Heroes, etc.), the animation is clearly farther ahead, but in some of the leftover episodes from Season 2, it drops back down again.

I'd rather not wait for improvements in the animation: the sooner, the better. At least, if nothing else, the Nightsisters trilogy was nice to look at. ;)

22. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Yeah, and retrospect that may have been a better idea.

23. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Went with Geonosis. Weapons Factory was inferior to the rest of the arc but it was just one of those arcs where you can sit back and enjoy the fun. Not to mention it gave us LaPR, one of my favorite episodes along with Legacy of Terror.

24. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    The Malevolence Trilogy is my favorite.

It was a great opening trilogy to the show, and still holds that position even when equally great trilogies are made.

My least favorite is by far the Mandolore arc. With the exeption of some high points from "Voyage of Temptation", the whole arc was boring and a waste of a trilogy.

25. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Funny how that goes. From the Geonosis arc, I thought Brain Invaders was the best followed by Weapons Factory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.