main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite Multi-Episode Arc in The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Feb 14, 2011.

?

Favorite Multi-Episode Arc in The Clone Wars

Poll closed Aug 13, 2011.
  1. Malevolence (Season 1)

7.7%
  2. Nute Gunray (Bombad, Cloak, Lair - Season 1)

6.2%
  3. Ryloth (Season 1)

1.5%
  4. Holocron/Cad Bane (Season 2)

6.2%
  5. Geonosis (Season 2)

9.2%
  6. Mandalorian (Season 2)

18.5%
  7. Boba Fettt (Season 2)

6.2%
  8. Domino Squad (Rookies, Cadets, ARC - S1/S3)

4.6%
  9. Nightsisters/Savage Oppress (Season 3)

12.3%
  10. Mortis (Season 3)

27.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Ooooooh, ngnnn, this is a tough one. I liked a large number of story arcs for many great moments and plots. I loved Cad Bane's heist arc, as well as the Ryloth trilogy. And of course, Domino Squad's story. Many others had a mix of flaws and high points, but as always, I'm just really happy.

In the end, I voted Malevolence. Good old fashioned adventure and stopping the superweapon, plus PLO KOON. [face_laugh]

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Gunray is where it's at yo. Stereotype breaking FTW.

3. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Had to vote for the Holocron trilogy because no one else has...and Holocrons in The Clone Wars is inherently =P~ ...and the Emperor kidnapping babies and experimenting on them is just too perfect. That was the moment I was totally sold on this series I think.

4. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    1. Nightsisters
    2. Domino Squad
    3. Mortis
    4. Mandalore
    5. Boba Fett

5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    1. Malevolence - Classic Star Wars, probably the most space action we've had since ANH
    2. Nute Gunray - Loved it for the all unpredictable twists, like Argyus's betrayal and how casually Dooku throws Grievous into harm's way
    3. Boba Fett - Boba sneaking in among the other clone cadets was pretty creative, and he's no longer the bratty little kid he was in AOTC

6. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    1. Mortis (VOTE). Simply well executed and, in my opinion, explains the Force fairly clearly while not destroying any mystery about it. I also think that the concept of the Chosen One has now been explained fairly well. Not to mention it had great philosophical teachings and visuals.

2. Nightsisters. Great arc which seemed to have a slow episode bookended by two outstanding episodes; however I contribute that to it being better as one 'film' and not as three separate episodes. Not only that however it had an exceptional cliff-hanger (something I think they should have used at the end of the season and opened with in Season 4).

3. Domino Squad. I remember how great I thought Rookies was in Season 1 so it was great to see it bookended with two great episodes at the start of Season 3. This arc established truly progressive clone trooper personalities, had the great battle of Kamino, the great character of 99 and also made use of two great Bounty Hunters and Shaak Ti. Not to mention the music was probably one of the best ? if not thebest ? scores of the entire series... oh and the overall feel of Kamino was great (really gave you the ?cosy? feeling of when it is raining outside in certain scenes).

4. Mandalore. Despite Mandalore being somewhat tarnished by the ?Corruption? arc I still think this was a great set of episodes. Really great to just sit down and watch... had a great classic Star Wars vibe to them in my opinion

7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Man... this is the toughest poll ever. I can't decide what to vote for.

I love the Malevolence, though the final episode is a bit of a mess. I can dismiss Gunray due to Bombad Jedi, ugh. Ryloth is very strong, with Innocents being probably the episode with most heart in the series. The Holocron arc is great, CoD is one of my favorites, but Children is way too rushed. Geonosis is epic, with all those freaky zombie episodes (we're not counting Senate Spy as part of this, are we?). Mandalorian was also great, though they held back a bit too much. The Boba Fett is out of the running, due to the infuriating middle chapter. Domino Squad is very near and dear to me, can't really say a bad thing about this arc, plus it's nice that it's spread apart in time. Nightsisters is VERY entertaining, though conceptually it irks me a bit. And Mortis just pushed all these philosophical buttons, but I think I'm still too close to it to have an objective opinion.

...what to do?...

8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    It's so hard for me to decide between Nightsisters and Mortis.

Nightsisters had some of the most awesome lightsaber battles and action scenes ever...
    ...Yet Mortis generated the most discussion of any episodes by far.

Ultimately, I have to go with Mortis as is showed an adult Ahsoka, a dark-side Ahsoka, and a mechanic Ahsoka. A rabid Ahsoka fan (such as myself) could not have hoped for anything better.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I chose Clonearc- still there is no perfectly good arc- all arcs have some worse episodes for now.....

10. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Honestly I'd say that Geonosis Arc has no particularly weaker episode. All of them were very good.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    So you love the Senate Spy?o_O - i like it too:p ... but I didn't like Legacy of Terror and Brain Invaders that much...they were ok but bit too horrorscifi for my taste...not to mention capture of Poggle being somewhat irritating republicvictory after so many others....... and Weapons Factory was quite mediocre as well- having Ahsoka and Barriss inside "Impenetrable supertank" and still that overepic and tragic music in explosion.... it felt somewhat stupid "They're in that perfectly safe supertank- so do you really expect i would cry for them or something?- I know they're ok:confused: "

12. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Ok, Senate Spy is NOT part of the Geonosis arc.

It's not even part of The Clone Wars, as far as I'm concerned...

13. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    1. Holocron
    2. Ryloth
    3. Boba Fett
    4. Domino Squad
    5. Malevolence

This is judging the arcs as a whole though. Cloak of Darkness and Landing at Point Rain are two of my favourite episodes, but I'm not as enthusiastic about some of the other episodes in the Nute Gunray and Geonosis arcs.

14. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    As Gry said, swash, I did not count Senate Spy as part of the Geonosis Arc (as it merely leads into it)

15. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I have to disagree. Weapons Factory was the episode that contributed the beating heart to the arc, the Ahsoka/Bariss partnership. I found it to be much more focused than LAPR and the destruction of the Weapons Factory itself still has to be one of the most cinematic moments in the show thanks to the fantastic sound design.

My vote is going to have to go to Mandalore arc. Everything in it felt well thought out and tightened up while contributing some nice elements to Star Wars lore like Obi Wan and Satine's 'will they/won't they' relationship.

I really loved the themes of traditionalism versus radical change and pacifism versus warmongering (Spartans versus Athenians anyone?). Also it may have been unintentional, but the whole 'Death Watch terrorism' plot sort of reminded me of the IRA's activities 20-30 years ago. The only off putting thing about those episodes I can think of off the top of my head was Obi-Wan's surprisingly dismissive attitude to Satine's unswerving belief in neautrality. You'd think the man who wanted to stick to "alternatives to fighting" in ANH would be far more accepting of Mandalore's stance to The Clone War.

The other arcs have filler episodes in the middle to pad them out, Malevolence had a rather ROTJ-style ending (Not crap but dissapointing in the overall scheme of things) and Geonosis had a complete change of plot in the middle preventing it from being a true arc in my mind.

16. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    True. Geonosis is not so much a story arc as it is a bunch of sequential adventures that take place in Geonosis (and even the last episode actually takes place in space).

Still, it was bloody enjoyable.

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Can't say I agree about the last two episodes of that arc. I enjoyed "Bombad Jedi" way more than those two. (But then again, I liked that episode)

18. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    So exactly what episodes make up the Geonosis arc? I'm still not sure.

"Cloak of Darkness" and "Lair of Grievous" are some of my favorite episodes of the series, I didn't realize they were part of a trilogy, but I couldn't vote for any trilogy with "Bombad Jedi" in it... That makes me really sad.

Eh, I probably would've voted for Holocron anyway. Can't go wrong with the Emperor stealing babies to make a secret Dark Side army. Speaking of which, Gry, what do you mean when you say CotF was rushed? I know it was really fast-paced, but what flaws did you notice because of that?

19. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Landing at Point Rain
    Weapons Factory
    Legacy of Terror
    Brain Invaders

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Children of the Force was a pretty decent episode, but I agree it felt like it could have been a two-parter on its own.

I would say the Geonosis arc is pretty clearly Landing At Point Rain/Weapons Factory/Legacy of Terror/Brain Invaders.

21. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Oh wow! Good thing I didn't know that or my choice would have been waaaayyyyy more conflicted!

And I'm not trying to start a debate Gry, but I am curious!

22. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    The Bombad Jedi Arc is pretty forced guys.

I voted for the Season 2 Mandalorian Arc due to the lack of the Droid Duology, which I would certainly consider a Multi-Episode Arc as well.

23. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, you need at least 3 points to create an arc, otherwise... it's just a beam. [face_beatup]

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It's as much trilogy as many of the rest.

25. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Based on what? Having completely different characters in each episode?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.