main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite Multi-Episode Arc in The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Feb 14, 2011.

?

Favorite Multi-Episode Arc in The Clone Wars

Poll closed Aug 13, 2011.
  1. Malevolence (Season 1)

7.7%
  2. Nute Gunray (Bombad, Cloak, Lair - Season 1)

6.2%
  3. Ryloth (Season 1)

1.5%
  4. Holocron/Cad Bane (Season 2)

6.2%
  5. Geonosis (Season 2)

9.2%
  6. Mandalorian (Season 2)

18.5%
  7. Boba Fettt (Season 2)

6.2%
  8. Domino Squad (Rookies, Cadets, ARC - S1/S3)

4.6%
  9. Nightsisters/Savage Oppress (Season 3)

12.3%
  10. Mortis (Season 3)

27.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Perhaps you don't, but a lot of people, like me, found that incredibly stupid.

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    And we'll leave it at that.

Like I said, I'm happy to open a Films discussion thread in LACWAC if people are interested.

3. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Oh Garth. That was the cheapest off-topic tactic, and we're all guilty of it at one time or another. The classic "huge off-topic post, ending on 'now let's drop this and get back on topic'". [face_laugh]

4. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah classic move, GM. Way to not do the ultimate thing and make your final point right before saying 'it ends here'.

Gotta love LACWAC. [face_laugh]

I am of course in no position to say something, what with my Monkey Lizard and Fisto Disco fetishes. [face_whistling]

5. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Battle droids FTW. :p

Move along...move along... [face_whistling]

6. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Ok, I gotta vote for this. I've decided that I should vote for the most consistent arc, the one that didn't drop the ball at any point.

Malevolence dropped it on Destroy, Gunray dropped it on Bombad, Holocron on Children, Boba on Artoo, Nightsisters on Monster, and I guess Mortis a bit on Ghosts.

I think I'll eliminate Geonosis cause really the first half has almost nothing to do with the second half, so not very consistent storywise. I guess Mandalore didn't really live up to expectations, what with the Death Watch cop-out. So it's between Ryloth and Domino.

And I'm going with the Domino Squad arc!

7. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    So here are my reasons for going with the Mortis arc:

Mortis Secrets Revealed:

1. The will of the Force created Anakin to preserve the balance (Father made Anakin come into his world to preserve the balance)
    2. Darth Sidious is responsible for sending Anakin his visions about Padme and his mother (Son showed Anakin the future, broke the law of time)
    3. Only one who is balanced, and performs acts that bring balance will become one with the Force (Father 'ghosting' while Daughter did not)
    4. The Jedi were corrupted by the war, and partaking in it led to their destruction. (Daughter was corrupted by the conflict, and brought about her own destruction by bringing in the sword)
    5. The will of the Force is to be in balance
    6. Qui-Gon showed Anakin the path to balance by telling him to do neither the light or dark extreme, but follow his instincts and let the will of the Force take shape

And the most epic secret:

7. Balance was brought by a perfectly balanced act of light and dark: a selfless killing. Watching the end of RotJ will never be the same again.

8. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I went with Geonosis.

9. Darth__Syphilis

Darth__Syphilis Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2010
    Make mine Malevolence. It's closer to the spirit and energy of the films than the other arcs, imo.

10. swcolts1977

swcolts1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2009
    Nightsisters trilogy. Just a great Star Wars feel all around.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    In each case, though the part inside the parentheses is evident from watching the episodes, the part before the parentheses is not necessarily true just because a similar thing happened in Mortis, it is merely a possibility ( as it was before Mortis ).

We know only that Father disappeared; he did not reappear in any fashion and did not necessarily ghost. From the PT
    ( and a source edited by Lucas ) we know that ghosting is a learned Force ability. In no source is Force ghosting generally linked to balance, while the examples of Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Yoda would seem to obstruct such a hypothetical link to some extent.

We already knew from AOTC/ROTS that partaking in the war led to their destruction.

12. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    @Humble_Jedi

=D= =D= =D=

13. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    However, every important element in the story is paralleled by something in the saga. I'm sure they'd have told the story differently if it wasn't supposed to be a parallel too.

Yeah, don't take the word ghosting too literally. He does become one with the Force before our eyes, like Obi-Wan. If for that to happen, one needs to serve only the light end of the spectrum, Daughter would have disappeared too. The fact that only the Father does is significant and says something about his act serving the balance, as opposed to Daughter's.

Furthermore it's pretty evident that Qui-Gon found out how to do it, and from the scene in RotS it follows that he must have taught Obi-Wan and Yoda how to find or balance.

Yes, we already knew that, but the way it was mirrored in Altar gave off a strong message. The Jedi were corrupted by the conflict, and their acts didn't serve the balance, in fact they caused the light side to be almost extinguished. It really was a central message in 'Altar', and as such it strongly put things in perspective with respect to the balance.

14. AaylaSecura86

AaylaSecura86 Jedi Master

Nov 17, 2010

15. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    This is still something more like "personal interpretation revealed" than "secrets revealed". The last word on the subject of Anakin's origin was from Lucas in 2005, when he said that it was up to the audience to decide. If he had wanted to say "it was definitely the Force itself, not the Sith" then he presumably would have done so at that point. Provoking viewer speculation doesn't really count as a canonical revelation. Anakin's visions are easily explained without Palpatine.

I don't know if I would use the phrase "almost extinguished", as opposed to "overshadowed by the dark" ( since we see that the light side can be used well enough ). Also, the Jedi were not themselves the cause of this, though their actions factored into it as described in LOE. We know that the Banite Sith were ultimately the root cause.

16. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    I think it's still just as "up to the audience to decide" as ever. The Chosen One prophecy is still just a prophecy, there's no reason to take the Father's interpretation as the correct interpretation any more than anyone else's. Ghosts of Mortis may be interpreted as implying that Anakin sees those visions because of Palpatine, but there's no more definitive evidence one way or the other than there was before the episode came out.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    agreed with two previous posts - sorry Humble but even though you greatly find these parallels it doesn't change the fact that Mortis-Trilogy is not "Secrets revealed" to me and ultimately it was not even changing anything- i had no need for such arc- ok i liked Ahsoka's character development but Mortis arc is nothing like "best arc ever" more like one of the Worst IMO- it was not such a bad idea but i think they failed with it- and they shouldn't try same again..... they should focus only on characters and not the nature of the Force itself IMHO

18. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Well of course my 'secrets revealed' are personal interpretations. I'm just very, very convinced that these are actually *the* revelations.

And like I said, it was done so subtly and so vague that many people do not want to accept it, and they don't have to, that's the beauty of it.

To me, the way the story was set up, it is just so incredibly evident and in-your-face. If George wouldn't have wanted people to make these connections, he'd not have made a point of these key elements in the story. Son showing Anakin the future was a huge deal. Father getting Anakin to Mortis in order to preserve the balance was a huge deal. In such a metaphor and parallel-heavy story arc, it only makes sense to connect the dots for -all- the key elements in the story. I'm simply not buying the 'Lucas doesn't think these things fully through' excuse for this trilogy.

If none of my points are revealed secrets, ask yourself which secrets did get revealed in season 3. That's right, none whatsoever. ;)

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Off-topic a bit perhaps, but did anyone else feel that calling the prophecy 'The Chosen One' is a tad corny? The Sith get their Sith'ari, but the Jedi use cheesy titles like that?

20. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    You could claim that OOU secrets were revealed-- "You didn't know TCW was going to use Nightsisters/Chewie/Tarkin/Greedo because we kept it secret, but now the secrets have been revealed!" Of course, by that logic almost every season of every television program ever could be called "Secrets Revealed". IU, almost nothing was learned by the characters which was previously concealed... only the possibility that Maul is alive, really, and that falls under the unreliable narrator clause.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Lucas just redid his story as crappy fantasy trilogy- he did better version called Star Wars saga- i like that one more;)

Anyway Secrets Revealed left too much secrets there- like this whole Maul-thing they don't explain it at all... there were no secret until now.... and yes Secrets Revealed means mainly the Mortis trilogy but as said i think name is poor- and i don't think Chosen One is corny.... actually 'Sith'ari' is bit more 'corny' i would say- the chosen one is unimaginative but very neutral and poetic- too bad Son of the Suns was left it would have been cool... but maybe not as neutral though.....

22. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Didn't the same thing happen in Season 2?

23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yes and no.

Yes, they didn't reveal any secrets, and no, they didn't not reveal any secrets.

Can we please take the Mortis discussion back to the Mortis threads where I will never go? I think it's clear that Humble likes what he found in the Mortis arc, it's his reason for voting for it, and that's that.

24. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah sorry, GM. I tried to keep it out of the 'Counterattack' thread, but this isn't the right place either. [face_blush]

25. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    Not in this episode.

whostheBossk and Darkslayer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.