Abq Favorite music of the movies

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MasterJedi78, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. MasterJedi78 Jedi Master

star 1
    My friends and I all have Soundtracks from TPM to ROTJ and I wa wondering which are some of your favorites.

1. (I think it's Jedi theme) from ANH where lukc is look off into the Sun... It's a solo with a horn ..I love that one it reminds me of being a kid

2. Duel of the Fates.. just because it make my BOES flex

3. Emperial March...

4. Then the Battle Droid invasion

John Williams is a real Genius
  2. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    I like all of the soundtracks! TPM is really good and ESB and acroos the stars.
  3. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    oldies but goodies:

Opening Theme just because it gives me chills everytime I hear it.

Imperial March/Vader's Theme man how can you not love it... if anyone knows where I can download it for my phone I will be in your debt!

and for the newer music of course

Duel of Fates because it gets my heart racing and blood pumping.

I love all the music but those are my favorites of all...
  4. MasterJedi78 Jedi Master

star 1
    I am with you I wish I could find those ring tones as well....

I have AT&T and they dont have it. I saw it on this other site but you have to compose it I said forget it...

5. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    1. Battle of Hoth- ESB

2. The Asteriod Field- ESB

3. Through the Flames- RoTJ

4. TIE Fighter Attack- ANH

5. Battle of Endor(Actually two put back to back)- RoTJ

6. Ewok Celebration- RoTJ

7. Final Duel- RotJ

8. Battle of Sarlacc- RoTJ

9. Imperial March- ESB

10. Duel of the Fates- TPM
  6. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with you Sir Lancelot!!! I did not know all the titles. I liked the princess theme.
  7. Redgek Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't have any one favorite theme. They're all great. If I had to pick a favorite track, it'd be the one that picks up at the end of ESB. It starts with the Force Theme (Luke's Binary Sunset music), goes into Han and Leia's music, then straight into the end credits, where it revisits the main title (as usual), Yoda's theme, The Imperial March, and ends with Han and Leia's Theme again. It's called "The Rebel Fleet/End Title" for those of you following along on the ESB:SE two-disc set. :)

I like most of the Prequel music too, but Williams has yet to top any of the OT score, IMHO.
  8. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Favorite pieces:

1) Imperial March - 'nuff said
    2) Duel of the Fates - again 'nuff said
    3) Across the Stars - haunting & romantic
    4) The second Cantina song - really jazz-like.
    5) The Meadow Picnic - I love the flute part - I downloaded the score for it so I can play it whenever. Must say that John Williams' music inspired me to keep up with my music, even though I don't play as much as I used to.

6) All of 'em. Williams is a genius!

I agree with Master Jedi - the "Force" theme where Luke is looking at the binary sunset gives me chills everytime. Classic cinematic moment. I love how they repeated the same theme when Anakin is about to go off and rescue his mom, then it dramatically switches to Duel of the Fates.

BTW, the NMSO Symphony is performing some greates hits from movies, including Star Wars, Gone with the Wind, Shawshank Redemption, etc. I think it's sometime in early April. Let me know if anyone's interested in going...tickets are probably only $15-20 for the cheap seats.
  9. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    NMSO Tickets

Here's the link to view...student tickets are only $8!

Also including music from Raiders & Harry Potter!
  10. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.