main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Favorite non-SW movie quotes!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bria, Mar 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I hope jfren484 will pardon me, but I loved the idea, and since I see that we're trying to hit 1000 posts, I thought this could help.

So... what are some of your favorite non-Star Wars movie quotes?

Here are *some* of mine:

We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. ~ John Keating, "Dead Poets Society"

President Shepherd: She didn't say anything about me?
    A.J.: No, but I could always pass her a note before study hall.

Robin McCall: It's Christmas.
    Lewis Rothschild: It's Christmas?
    Leon Kodak: Yeah. You didn't get the memo?

Lewis Rothschild: You have a deeper love of this country than any man I've ever known. And I want to know what it says to you that in the past seven weeks, 59% of Americans have begun to question your patriotism.
    Andrew Shepherd: Look, if the people want to listen to---
    Lewis Rothschild: They don't have a choice! Bob Rumson is the only one doing the talking! People want leadership, Mr. President, and in the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand.
    Andrew Shepherd: Lewis, we've had presidents who were beloved, who couldn't find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight. People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

President Andrew Shepherd: What I did tonight was not about political gain.
    Leon Kodak: Yes sir. But it can be, sir. What you did tonight was very presidential.
    President Andrew Shepherd: Leon, somewhere in Libya right now, a janitor's working the night shift at Libyan Intelligence headquarters. He's going about doing his job... because he has no idea, in about an hour he's going to die in a massive explosion. He's just going about his job, because he has no idea that about an hour ago I gave an order to have him killed. You've just seen me do the least presidential thing I do.

President Andrew Shepherd: You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil who is standing center stage advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours.

President Andrew Shepherd: The symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then you can stand up and sing about the land of the free.
    ~ The American President
    * just a note, I do not believe in flag burning. No matter how disappointed I sometimes am in our country, I look at our flag and think of the people that died to give us the rights we have. I could never burn our flag. I do however believe it should be allowed due to the freedom of expression.

President Whitmore: I don't understand,where does all this come from? How do you get funding for something like this?
    Julius Levinson: You don't actually think they spend $20,000.00 on a hammer, $30,000.00 on a toilet seat do you?

Steve Hiller: Let's try that again.
    David Levinson: Yes, yes. Without the "oops."'

Capt. Steve Hiller: I ain't heard no fat lady!
    David Levinson: Forget the fat lady. You're Obsessed with fat lady. Just get us out of here!

David Levinson: They're firing at us!!
    Captain Steven Hiller: Really, YOU THINK?!?

Steve Hiller: Y'know, this was supposed to be my weekend off, but noooo. You got me out here draggin' your heavy ass through the burnin' desert with your dreadlocks stickin' out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad... and what the hell is that smell? I could've been at a

2. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Dark Helmet: "I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!"

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    "You've bred raptors?"

4. Bria

May 15, 1999
    LOL!!!!!

Roland: One.
    Dark Helmet: One.
    Sandurz: One.
    Roland: Two.
    Dark Helmet: Two.
    Sandurz: Two.
    Roland: Three.
    Dark Helmet: Three.
    Sandurz: Three.
    Roland: Four.
    Dark Helmet: Four.
    Sandurz: Four.
    Roland: Five.
    Dark Helmet: Five.
    Sandurz: Five.
    Dark Helmet: So the combination is one, two, three, four, five? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard! That's the kind of combination an idiot would put on his luggage!

Dark Helmet: What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?
    Colonel Sandurz: You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now is happening now.
    Dark Helmet: What hapened to then?
    Colonel Sandurz: We passed then.
    Dark Helmet: When?
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now. We're at now now.
    Dark Helmet: Go back to then.
    Colonel Sandurz: When?
    Dark Helmet: Now!
    Colonel Sandurz: Now?
    Dark Helmet: Now!
    Colonel Sandurz: I can't.
    Dark Helmet: Why?
    Colonel Sandurz: We missed it.
    Dark Helmet: When?
    Colonel Sandurz: Just now.
    Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
    Colonel Sandurz: Soon.

Dark Helmet: Before you die there is something you should know about us, Lone Star.
    Lone Star: What?
    Dark Helmet: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
    Lone Star: What's that make us?
    Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become.
    ~Spaceballs

Hey, ppls, say what movie your quote is from, kay? Incase somebody *doesn't* know. I know the Spaceballs one, and I believe Darth Boba's was from Jurassic Park.

~*~Bria

5. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    LOL, great Bria!

THWACK
    "Welcome to Earth!"

6. JediGemini

Nov 28, 2000
    LOL, Bria!

7. JediGemini

Nov 28, 2000
    E.T. "E.T. Phone home!"

8. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    "And they're astonishing jumpers."

For a laugh, visit my bio.

9. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Thanks. :)

That second one from DarthBoba is from Independence Day...

Oh!!!! Here's some quotes:

Dr. Jean Grey: I think you'll be comfortable here.
    Wolverine: Where's your room?
    Dr. Jean Grey: With Scott, down the hall.
    Wolverine: Is that your gift? Putting up with that guy?

Storm: Do you know what hapens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else.

Logan: So what kind of a name is "Rogue"?
    Rogue: I don't know. What kind of a name is "Wolverine"?
    Logan: Name's Logan.
    Rogue: Marie.

Wolverine: So, couldn't wait to get my shirt off again, huh?

Wolverine: You going to tell me to stay away from your girl?
    Cyclops: If I had to do that, she wouldn't be my girl.
    Wolverine: Well, then I guess you've got nothing to worry about, do ya, Cyclops?
    Cyclops: It must burn you up that a boy like me saved your life, huh? Gotta be careful. Might not be there next time. Oh, and Logan -- stay away from my girl.
    ~X-Men

Trinity: I know why you're here, Neo. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer. You're looking for him. I know because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him. I was looking for an answer. It's the question that drives us. It's the question that brought you here. You know the question, just as I did.
    Neo: What is the Matrix?
    Trinity: The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.

Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

Morpheus: Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony.

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
    Neo: What truth?
    Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
    Neo: There is no spoon?
    Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

Morpheus: What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad.

Morpheus: You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth.

Morpheus: I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it.

Neo: Why do my eyes hurt?
    Morpheus: You've never used them before.

Morpheus: There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Neo: I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules or controls, borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.
    ~The Matrix

~*~Bria

10. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I don't think that Storm one qualifies, Bria. ;)

"Hey vasquez you ever been mistaken for a man?"
    "No. Have you?"
    -Aliens

11. JediGemini

Nov 28, 2000
    I love those movies, Bria!

12. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity." -Gladiator

13. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Yes, I know she was a bad Storm, but I liked the quote. :)

~*~Bria

14. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Ehh, I was hoping Ray Park would be Wolverine. Imagine how cool that woulda been...

15. Bria

May 15, 1999
    *shrugs* Anyway....

Lyle: [Translating with a Swahili phrasebook.] Pardon me, girls. I know you're feeling pretty hey sailor up here about now. But if you would just let me order a bowl of fried clams we can all have smallpox tomorrow morning.

Narrator: And so, onward and upward the tired trekkers trudged on feverished footsies on the perilous paths. When they beheld the mighty Ape Mountain, the reacted with awe.
    Group: Aaaawwww.
    Narrator: I said "awe." A-W-E.
    Group: Ooohhh.
    Narrator: That's better.

Narrator: The jungle king was pleased to find that he looked pretty good in Armani.
    George: Pretty darn good.

Narrator: Don't worry. Nobody dies in this story. They just get really big boo-boos.

Narrator: George can't die because he's the star.

George: Dog eat dog? Dog eat dog here? George never bringing Shep here! Uh uh! Never!
    ~George of the Jungle

Casper: Come with me if you want to live.

Casper: There's a girl, in my bed, YES!

Dibs: If there's one thing that I've learned from you, it's "always kick 'em when they're down". And baby, you're six feet under! Oh, what a shame.

Casper: I'd kill for a pinky.

Three ghosts: It's my party and I'll die if I want do, die if I want to! You will die too, when it happens to you!
    ~Casper

~*~Bria

16. Jedi_XandMan

Jedi_XandMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2001
    "Everywhere I go, it's tiny life. Single serving cream and sugar with coffee. Tiny Shampoo and conditioner in the same bottle. The Chicken Cordon Bleu Hobby Kit. And the people I met on these flights...they're single serving friends." ~Jack, Fight Club.

"Someone jumped on your car with thier butt!"
    "How can you tell?"
    "There's the outline of a butt here!" ~James Leer and Grady Tripp, Wonder Boys.

"I learned a new word today. Atom Bomb." -Jim, Empire of the Sun.

"Your mom kinda freaked me out." ~Russell Hammond, Almost Famous

"I really wish you hadn't shot my girlfriend's dog. Granted Poe and I were not always what you would call simpatico, that's no reason he had to take two in the chest." ~Grady Tripp, Wonder Boys.

"Excuse me, I was wondering if you could help me. I was wondering if you could tell me where the medical building is. I'm supposed to be giving a lecture in about twenty minutes and my driver is a bit lost."
    "Sure, you go right and take a left over the bridge."
    "That's a lovely accent you have there. New Jersey?"
    "Austria."
    "Austria? Well, G'day mate! Let's put another shrimp on the barbie!"
    "Let's not."
    -Lloyd and a woman, Dumb and Dumber.

"Did you touch any of my stuff?"
    "No."
    "Good, because all of my filth is organized in alphabetical order. This for instance is under 'H' for 'toy'." ~Chris and Mitch, Real Genius.

"Take a bow James!" -Grady, Wonder Boys.

"Uh, who's car is that outside?"
    "Mine. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. The car I've always wanted and now I have it! I rule!"
    "Uh-huh. And where's the Camery?"
    "I traded it in."
    "Uh-huh. And shouldn't you have consulted me about this?"
    "Hmmm...No, you never drove it."
    -Carolyn and Lester, American Beauty.

"I'm dying."
    "You're not dying, you just can't think of anything good to do."
    -Cameron and Ferris, Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

"What are you going to do?"
    "College?"
    "What are you interested in?"
    "Nothing."
    "Me neither."
    [to Ferris]"You're crazy!"
    "What do you think Ferris is going to be?"
    "He's gonna be a fry cook on Venus."
    -Cameron and Sloane, Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

"I asked for a car, I got a computer. How's that for being born under a bad sign?" -Ferris, Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

"What's he doing?"
    "He's licking the glass and making obscene gestures with his hands."
    "What?"
    -Ferris and Sloane, Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

"We're pinched for sure."
    "Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive."
    -Cameron and Ferris, Ferris Bueller's day Off.

"Cookie stand's not part of the food court."
    "Of course it is."
    "The cookie stand is upstairs, the food court is down stairs, it's not like we're talking quantam physics here."
    "The cookie stand is an eatery, an eatery counts as part of the food court."
    "bull****. Anything inside the designated square downstairs counts as food court. Anything outside of said designated square is considered an autonoumous unit for mid-mall snaking!" -Brodie and T.S, Mallrats.

"My therapist says I tend to exaggerate my childhood, but I swear, I used to live under the rollercoaster at Coney Island. Which probably attributes my personality as being a tad bit nervous." -Alvy, Annie Hall.

"Okay! You are now shooting at your imaginary friend and 300 pounds of NITROGLYCERIN!" -Tyler Durden, Fight Club.

"All the trilogy is about is how the white boy keeps the brother man down. Check this. You've got Darth Vader, the blackest Brother in the galaxy! Nubian god!"
    "What's a Nubian?"
    "Shut the ***k up! The white boy Luke Skywalker shows up and he decides he's going to run the universe! Get's a whole clan of whites together! Now what do you call that?"
    "Intergalactic cival war?"
    "Justification! And Jedi is the most insulting of all when Vader's beautiful black visage is sullied to reveal a crusty old white man! What they're saying is deep inside we all want to be white!"
    "Well isn't that true?"
    -Hooper and Banky, Chasing Amy.

"And one time at band camp...I stuck a flute in my pussy."
    [chokes on beer]"Excuse me?"
    "What, you think I don

17. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Kyle: John Connor gave me a picture of you once. I didn't know why at the time. It was very old, torn, faded. You were young like you are now. You seemed just a little sad. I used to always wonder what you were thinking at that momnet. I
    memorised every line, every curve. I came across time for you Sarah, I love you, I always have.

Kyle Reese: Listen! And understand! That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with! It can't be reasoned with! It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!

Kyle Reese: Cyborgs don't feel pain... I do. Don't do that again.

Dr. Silbermann: How are you supposed to get back?
    Kyle Reese: I can't. Nobody gets home. Nobody else comes through. It's just him - and me.

The Terminator: I'll be back!
    ~The Terminator

Sarah Connor: 3 billion human lives ended on August 29th, 1997. The survivors of the nuclear fire called the war Judgment Day. They lived only to face a new nightmare: the war against the machines. The computer which controlled the machines, Skynet, sent two Terminators back through time. Their mission: to destroy the leader of the human resistance, John Connor, my son. The first Terminator was sent to strike at me in the year 1984. It failed. The second was set to strike at John himself when he was still a child. As before, the resistance was able to send a lone warrior, a protector for John. It was just a question of which one of them would reach him first.

The Terminator: The Skynet Funding Bill is passed. The
    system goes on-line August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are
    removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a
    geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time,
    August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.
    Sarah Connor: And Skynet fights back.

The Terminator: Hasta la vista, baby.

The Terminator: No problemo.

The Terminator: I need a vacation.

John Connor: You're not here to kill me - I figured out that for myself. So what's the deal?
    Terminator: My mission is to protect you.
    John Connor: Yeah? Who sent you?
    Terminator: You did. 35 years from now you reprogrammed me to be your protector here - in this time.
    John Connor: This is deep...

Dr. Silbermann: You broke my arm!
    Sarah Connor: There's 215 bones in the human body. That's one.

The Terminator: I know now why you cry. But it's something I can never do.
    ~ Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Trevor McKinney: Are you saying you'll flunk us if we don't change the world?
    Eugene Simonet: Well, no. But you might just scrape by with a C.
    ~Pay it Forward

~*~Bria

18. KursariGama

KursariGama Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    Barry: ''It's a HOLE.''
    Jill: ''Yeah, that snake made that HOLE.''
    Barry: ''Okay. Take this ROPE. It'll help you climb down the HOLE.''
    Jill: ''Okay. I'll take the ROPE and climb down this HOLE.''
    Barry: ''You take this ROPE, then. And climb down this HOLE. I will follow you down this HOLE by climbing down this ROPE.''
    Jill: ''Okay. I'll climb down the HOLE using the ROPE.''

*later*

Barry: ''Okay. Now, I'll... crap. Hold on down there while I get another ROPE.''
    Jill: ''Okay. You go get another ROPE.''

*later*

Barry: ''I have another ROPE.''
    Jill: ''You have got another ROPE?''
    Barry: ''Here. You can climb back up using this ROPE. I'll just not climb down like I said I was earlier. Cya.''
    ~Resident Evil

"What we have here is a failure to communicate."
    ~Cool Hand Luke

19. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Bosley: What's this?
    Dylan: Chinese fighting muffin.
    Bosley: That's not funny. A friend of mine once took a Chinese fighting muffin in the chest; they sent him home in four Ziplock bags.

Dylan Sanders: Behind every perfect man there is a perfect woman.
    ~ Charlie's Angels

Cole Sear: I see dead people.
    Malcolm Crowe: In your dreams? While you're awake? Dead people like, in graves? In coffins?
    Cole Sear: Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dead.
    Malcolm Crowe: How often do you see them?
    Cole Sear: All the time.

Malcolm Crowe: How do you draw now?
    Cole Sear: Draw... people smiling, dogs running, rainbows. They don't have meetings about rainbows.

Malcolm Crowe: Once upon a time there was this person named Malcolm. He worked with children. Loved it more than anything. Then one night, he finds out he made a mistake with one of them. Didn't help that one at all. He thinks about that one a lot. Can't forget. Ever since then, things have been different. He's become messed up. Confused. Angry. Not the same person he used to be. And his wife doesn't like the person he's become. They hardly speak at all anymore. They're like strangers. And then one day this person Malcolm meets a wonderful boy who reminds him of that one. Reminds him a lot of that one. Malcolm decides to try to help this new boy. He thinks maybe if he can help this boy, it would be like helping that one too.
    Cole Sear: How does the story end?
    Malcolm Crowe: I don't know.

Cole Sear: Some magic's real.
    ~ The Sixth Sense

~*~Bria

20. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    "Tell your sister..you were right. You were right about me." :_|

21. Jedi_XandMan

Jedi_XandMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2001
    "Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened." -Jack, Fight Club.

"Like so many others I became a slave to the Akia nesting instinct. If I saw something clever like a coffee table in the shape of a ying-yang, I had to have it." -Jack, Fight Club.

"Home was a condo on the 15th floor of a filing cabinet for widows and young professionals. The walls were solid concrete. A foot of concrete is important when your neighbor's hearing aid goes and has to watch game shows at full volume or when a volcanic blast and what used to be your personal effects blows out your floor to ceiling windows and sails flaming into the night. I guess these things happen." -Jack, Fight Club.

22. RogueNine

RogueNine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    From the movie, "The Rock." Nice little exchange between Nicholas Cage (Stanley Goodspeed) and Sean Connery (John Mason)...

Mason: Are you ready for this?

Goodspeed: I'll do my best.

Mason: Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen.

Goodspeed: Carla was the prom queen.

Mason: Really?

Goodspeed: Yeah...(cocks gun)

23. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Squints: If you'da been thinkin you wouldn't 'a thought that.

Squints: It's about time Benny, my clothes are goin' outa style.

"The Babe": Heros get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart, kid, and you'll never go wrong.

"The Babe": Everybody gets one chance to do something great. Most people never take the chance, either because they're too scared, or they don't recognize it when it spits on their shoes
    ~The Sandlot

Jack: It's a game. If he gets the money he wins, if the bus blows up he wins.
    Annie: What if you win?
    Jack: Then tomorrow we'll play another one.
    Annie: But I'm not avalible to drive tomorrow. Busy.

Swat Cop: Anything else that'll keep this elevator from falling?
    Jack Traven: Yeah. The basement.

Jack Traven: Tell me again Harry, why did I take this job?
    Harry Temple: Oh come on, thirty more years of this, you get a tiny pension and a cheap gold watch.
    Jack Traven: Cool.

Harry Temple: All right, pop quiz. Airport. Gunman with one hostage. He's using her for cover; he's almost to a plane. You're a hundred feet away. Jack?
    Jack Traven: Shoot the hostage.

Howard Payne: Pop quiz, hotshot. There's a bomb on a bus. Once the bus goes 50 miles an hour, the bomb is armed. If it drops below 50, it blows up. What do you do? What do you do?

Howard Payne: There will come a time, boy, when you'll wish you never met me.
    Jack Traven: Mister, I'm already there.
    Helen: Are they going to help us?
    Stephens: Sure they are, they're the police. Hey, your taxes are paying their salaries. We die, they gotta take a pay cut.

Stephens: Did you have any luck with the bomb?
    Jack Traven: Yeah, it didn't go off.

Jack: STOP! L.A.P.D! Get out of the car!
    Motorist: Hey man, this is MY car, I OWN this car, it's NOT stolen.
    Jack: It is now. Move over.

Jack Traven: Miss, can you handle this bus?
    Annie: Oh sure. It's just like driving a really big Pinto.

Annie: So you're a cop, right?
    Jack: That's right.
    Annie: Well, I should probably tell you that I'm taking the bus because I had my driver's license revoked.
    Jack: What for?
    Annie: Speeding.

Howard Payne: Interactive TV, Jack! Wave of the future - ha ha ha, huh?

Annie: What is that smell?
    Jack Traven: It's gas.
    Annie: We're leaking gas?!
    Jack Traven: We are now.
    Annie: What, you thought you needed another challenge or something?

Annie: You're not going to get mushy on me, are you?
    Jack: Maybe. I might.
    Annie: I hope not, 'cause you know, relationships that start under intense circumstances, they never last.
    Jack: Oh yeah?
    Annie: Yeah, I've done extensive study on this.
    ~Speed

~*~Bria

24. jfren484

jfren484 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2001
    LOL! Those are all great, guys.

Guy Fleegman: I changed my mind. I wanna go back.
    Alexander Dane: After the fuss you made about getting left behind?
    Guy Fleegman: Yeah, but that's when I thought I was the crewman that stays on the ship, and something is up there, and it kills me. But now I'm thinking I'm the guy who gets killed by some monster five minutes after we land on the planet.

Tommy Webber: You know, with all that makeup and stuff, I actually thought you were SMART for a second.

Guy Fleegman: Did you guys ever WATCH the show?

Gwen DeMarco: Let's get out of here before one of those things kills Guy!

Guy Fleegman: Hey guys, there's a red-thingy moving toward the green-thingy.
    Jason Nesmith: What?
    Guy Fleegman: Red-thingy moving toward the green-thingy. I think we're the green-thingy.

Gwen DeMarco: What is this thing? I mean, it serves no useful purpose for there to be a bunch of chompy, crushy things in the middle of a hallway. No, I mean we shouldn't have to do this, it makes no logical sense, why is it here?
    Jason Nesmith: 'Cause it's on the television show!
    Gwen DeMarco: Well forget it, I'm not doing it, this episode was badly written!

* Galaxy Quest *

25. Bria

May 15, 1999
    POST 1300 for me!!! :)

Samantha: If you don't fall in love, you can't get hurt.
    Roberta: But it sure is lonely all by yourself.

Chrissy: Let's make a pact. Here and now; we're here for each other always.

Crazy Pete: I don't want to see a lot of people, I don't think they want to see a lot of me.

Samantha: As we grow older, it becomes difficult to just believe. It's not that we don't want to, but too much has happened that we just can't.

Samantha: The treehouse was supposed to bring us independence, but what the summer brought us was independence from each other.

Crazy Pete: Things will happen in your life that you can't stop. But that's no reason to shut out the world.
    ~Now and Then

Gordie: Do you think I'm weird?
    Chris: Definitely.
    Gordie: No man, seriously. Am I weird?
    Chris: Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird.

Teddy: Come on guys, by the time we get there the kid won't be dead anymore

Vern: You think Mighty Mouse could beat up Superman?
    Teddy: What are you, cracked?
    Vern: No I saw him on tv the other day he was holding 5 elephants in 1 hand.
    Teddy: Boy, you don't know nothing. Mighty Mouse is a cartoon. Superman's a real guy. There's no way a cartoon could beat up a real guy.
    Vern: I guess you're right. It would be a good fight though.
    ~Stand By Me

Charlie: Excuse me, Lieutenant. Is there something wrong?
    Maverick: Yes ma'am, the data on the MiG is inaccurate.
    Charlie: How's that, Lieutenant?
    Maverick: Well, I just happened to see a MiG 28 do a...
    Goose: We!
    Maverick: Uh, sorry Goose. WE happened to see a MiG 28 do a 4g negative dive.
    Charlie: Where did you see this?
    Maverick: Uh, that's classified.
    Charlie: It's what?
    Maverick: It's classified. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Viper: In case some of you are wondering who the best is they are up here on this plaque. Do you think your name will be on that plaque?
    Maverick: Yes sir.
    Viper: That's pretty arrogant considering the company here, don't you think?
    Maverick: Yes sir.
    Viper: I like that in a pilot.

Goose: The defense department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid.

Maverick: I feel the need...
    Maverick, Goose: ...the need for speed!

Maverick: You don't have time to think up there. If you think, you're dead.
    ~Top Gun

Ashley: I object to this wedding!
    Priest: Get in line.

Joe Jr.: O.K., Lucy, it's either me or him!
    Lucy: Him.
    Joe Jr.: You don't have to answer right away.

Elsie: I don't drink anymore... I don't drink any less, either!

Priest: Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to--
    Lucy: I object.
    Saul: Oh, geez.
    Priest: I didn't get to that part yet.
    Jack Callaghan: I would have to object too.
    Priest: What about you?
    Peter Callaghan: I'm thinking!

Last but not least:

Lucy: It's amazing how exotic Wisconson... isn't.

:D Hehehehe. :D

That last bunch was from While You Were Sleeping, for anyone who didn't recognize them. :)

~*~Bria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.