main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite Obi-Wan Episode to Date?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Nov 15, 2012.

?

What is your favorite TCW episode starring Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Poll closed Feb 13, 2013.
  1. S01E15 - Trespass

3.8%
  2. S01E20 - Innocents of Ryloth

7.7%
  3. S02E07 - Legacy of Terror

3.8%
  4. S02E09 - Grievous Intrigue

11.5%
  5. S02E13 - Voyage of Temptation

26.9%
  6. S03E09 - Hunt for Ziro

3.8%
  7. S04E16 - Friends & Enemies

15.4%
  8. S04E22 - Revenge

3.8%
  9. S05E01 - Revival

23.1%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Just for some fun discussion in LACWAC, we're going to start doing these polls one at a time for each of the main charcaters of TCW - enough of a main character that there are several great episodes to choose from.

I am starting with Obi-Wan, so I'm picking what I feel are 9 of the top Obi-Wan episodes to date, plus an "other" option if you think there's another episode that should be up there. I tried to pick one episode per arc, but the Hardeen arc should maybe have 2 episodes. :p

Like all the polls, please let us know what you picked and why. :D

Dark-Fox likes this.
  2. ninjaofthenight801

ninjaofthenight801 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 19, 2011
    I have so much more respect for him as a fighter after Revival... I wish we'd see that side of him more often.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I liked him in every episode but if i had to choose it would be Revival cause he so awesome in that episode

4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Gosh this is difficult! It is a toss up between two for me. Voyage of Temptation and Revival, both display different sides of Obi-Wan. Voyage of Temptation explore his character more and we do see that he does 'love' someone - that's a challenging episode for him - he's not the stoic Jedi that I was led to believe. Revival, on the otherhand, shows what a masterful swordsman he is. It shows him at his best. He just basically owns the Force when he's fighting for his life. It shows what a good strategist he is. He saw Savage's weaknesses and acted on it and he technically won the duel.

Other episodes like Legacy of Terror show his banter and deep friendship he has with Anakin, whereas episodes like Revenge show his weakness in that he thought he could deal with Maul but ended up getting severely beaten up (but he still fights back), but Revival does demonstrate that he did learn from that experience. He adapted himself. Trespass shows the negotiator side of him and how he upholds the Jedi and Republic laws by not being able to interfere with Pantora.

Hmmm, best episode? It's a pity I can't vote for two.

So my vote will go for Revival, though Voyage of Temptation, if it hadn't been for Revival, would have been top.

Dark-Fox and TreborSabreon like this.
  5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Voyage of Temptation overall.

Innocents and Revival probably follow.

6. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Grievous Intrigue

ninjaofthenight801 likes this.
  7. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Voyage of Temptation. Best episode for him as a character.

..Revival is winning. SURPRISE. lol

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Innocence of Ryloth - GENIUS!

TreborSabreon and Seerow like this.
  9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Awesome episode which also had Waxer and Boil make their debut as well

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll go with "Friends and Enemies" which is probably my favorite episode in the Rako Hardeen arc. Its a close call with "Crisis of Naboo". That arc is brilliant and Obi-wan is disguise was awesome. Great performance by Jame Arnold Taylor. I love "Innocence of Ryloth" but I think of Waxer, Boil, and Numa more when remembering that awesome episode. "Voyage of Temptation" and "Duchess of Mandalore" are closer contenders.

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    True! Great work by JAT but the arc was not brilliant and you know it. Far from it... just sayin...[face_dancing]

But you are kinda right about the Ryloth episode but Obi-Wan so awesome in it with controlling the beasts and holding Numa!

[​IMG]

Yes, ladies, he is single! :p

12. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Why couldn't I choose more than one?

I like Grevious intrigue, friends and enemies mainly, but I liked most of the others as well.

ninjaofthenight801 likes this.
  13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Remember when Numa hid behind Boil when first meeting Obi-wan?

He looks quite heroic there with Numa. It just not as iconic as when Numa hugs Waxer which I think is probably one of the most iconic and beautful moments in TCW. It makes me want a hug thinking about it.

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    True! That episode was very sweet IMO with such a nice tone and pace. I do not like Clones but I love Waxer and Cody!

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    No love for Rex and Fives :p

16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Probably one of the reasons I've fallen so hard for this show is the depiction of Obi-Wan over the years. They've run the gamut, showing the stoic hero, friend and brother, 'the Negotiator,' Jedi general and yes, a man with a past that included outside interests which tested his commitment to the Order. Season four turned things on it's head by showing us a man who was pushed to his limits, forced to serve for a time as a slave and risk both his relationship with Anakin and his own sense of self in an undercover mission for the ages. Obi-Wan even flirted with a wanna-be Sith and we delighted.

Then Maul returned and Kenobi had to confront a darkness he could never have fathomed and I have to think we've only witnessed the beginning.

There have been many great moments - and I'd be remiss if I didn't give special mention to Season 2's Sartine/Mandalore arc - but for me, after the beatdown our hero suffered during the second half of the fourth season, "Revival" was a return to form, recalling the heights of swordplay and mastery on full display in Revenge of the Sith.

For all of the ups and downs the series has ridden, every time Obi-Wan Kenobi has been used for more than bouncing witty quips off his protege, the portrayal of one of my two most beloved characters of the franchise has been spot on - at times progressive and always entertaining.

Leah Jaded, Garth Maul, hlc88 and 3 others like this.
  17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Revival because of the amount of whoop-a** Obi-Wan sent on Darth Maul and Savage.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  18. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    You mean the episode where two Sith "lords" got their asses kicked by a bunch of pirates armed with slingshots and pistols?

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The pirates are pretty badass like that. I mean come on? When was the last time anyone held their own in a fight with Ahsoka like Hondo did?

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Grievous and Ventress held their own :p

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'll say Friends and Enemies. Voyage of Temptation and Revival have great Obi-Wan moments, but the entire Hardeen arc is really great, especially the first two episodes. And the last one. And the Box a little. Okay it's all good. But Obi-Wan is great throughout, and these episodes really raise some questions about just how far a Jedi can go when undercover like this. Contrast with Quinlan Vos, who nearly became lost behind his lies, while Obi-Wan was able to hold true to his ideals. These episodes also are important for Obi-Wan's relationship with Anakin, and really deepened that relationship, pushing it closer to the dynamics of early ROTS.

TreborSabreon, Dark-Fox and Seerow like this.
  22. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    So many great Obi-Wan episodes. Voyage of Temptation gets an honorary mention for the display of the Satine and Obi relationship, best romance in the prequel era. Revival was also great, because It showed of how good a fighter Kenobi really is. My vote goes to Revenge though, because of Obi-Wans refusal to give in and constant sarcastic remarks despite being beaten half to death.

23. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    How many can one vote for? I mean - Trespass, the Mandalore episodes, Revival are up at the top with Ryloth close behind.

24. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    This pretty much sums it up, especially how Season 4 was considered his Season of Pain. :p

"Grievous Intrigue" is a close second. His fight against Grievous (both physically and verbally) was awesome, it's not hard to see why everyone suggested that Obi-Wan should confront him on Utapau.

25. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    It's a hard choice but Trespass gets my vote. It doesn't contain anywhere near as much character background as Voyage of Temptation or any lightsaber battles that show off Kenobi's ability. It has a few inconsistencies and is by no means perfect but it is one of my all time favourite episodes just because of it's spirit.

Obi Wan has come a long way from the young padawan we saw in The Phantom Menace. Qui-Gon would have been proud!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.