main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Favorite Obscure SW Character/Vanity Fair talk

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jedi_xtacy, Mar 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_xtacy

jedi_xtacy Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    Well, I just love favorite lists so here is one for you all. Please name the bit character that appeals to you the most or maybe you would like to know more about. This is a character in the SW universe that maybe only had a small part in the movies, books, comics, etc. We all know and love Bobba Fett and Tarkin, and the sexy Emperor, but what about the other lesser favorite bit characters. I have 3:

1. Mon Mothma: who was she and why hasn't anyone mentioned her appearance in any of the next movies. Or maybe I'm wrong.

2. Admiral Ackbar: He was a strong lobster with a tough spirit and a commanding voice. I would love to know more about him.

3. Wedge: Everyone loves Wedge!! If you don't your a sucka. He escaped to fly another day in all of the movies, but that man of mystery still haunts me.

Vanity Fair: Did anyone run out and buy the magazine like I did?!?!?! I loved the cover picture of Anakin and Amidala, very sweet. I have the one from last year too in Episode I.

2. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    1) Darth Maul obviously :D I'd love to read lots more about him
    2) I agree about Mon Mothma... she's pretty intriguing
    3) I can't honestly think of anyone else off the top of my head movie-wise.. but I'm sure there're others.

Yes, I got the Vanity Fair issue too :)

3. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    I highly doubt we'll see any of those characters in the next two movies.

Basically because they're really not important to the plot. Mon Mothma is a former Imperial Senator that leads the Rebellion. If you think about it, that's all we really need to know about her.

I would rather not see Tarkin, either. He's just not key to the plot.

And I like Wedge as much as the next fan, but hey, let's face it--he was meant to be cannon fodder. Just another face in a cockpit like Porkins or Red Leader.

I think all of these things are best left in the EU, and leave the movies to deal with the real meat of SW. :)

4. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    I thought that's what she meant from most of her post.. EU or movie.. I personally don't mind getting more tidbits from EU since I do read the books...

5. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    Wedge= Kenny McCormick.

I was always a fan of Lobot. I think of him every time I see a guy who is bald on top with the hair surrounding his head from ear to ear. Wonder if that was the inspiration....

6. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    LOL Obi_Bamm...

Got my copy of the Vanity Fair..Nice :D
    Like the issue for Ep 1 more(and I can't believe I still kept mine..lol)

Character?...Hmmmmm EU or strictly movies?

EU I guess I'd have to pick: Wes Janson :D

7. jedi_xtacy

jedi_xtacy Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    o.k. I have to agree with lobot, what gives??? You can pick someone from either or. Also, I pick Amidala. She is a mystery ready to be solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.