main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Favorite OT movie?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Force Smuggler, Dec 28, 2012.

?

Favorite OT Movie?

1. A New Hope

24.3%
  2. The Empire Strikes

53.3%
  3. Return of The Jedi

22.4%
  1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I love all of them, it's between ESB and ROTJ for me. ANH while legendary is easily the weakest of the OT to me.

2. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    A New Hope, it may not be the most well written or have the best effects but there's just too much nostalgia involved with that film for it not to be my favourite. I used to rent it incessantly on Beta when I was a kid in the early 80's, and Friday nights when ANH was on TV were the best Friday nights ever

3. JevanShevu

JevanShevu Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 20, 2009
    This was a very hard choice. I voted Empire. It had awesome character development, great score, dialogue, and story. plus it introduced Yoda and Lando. It was the first to feature the Imperial March piece which is probably the most well known piece of star wars music. Plus the cliffhanger ending just makes the viewers wanting more.

Return of the Jedi was what the viewers wanted, but without Empire it wouldn't have been as boss as it had been.

4. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    The Empire Strikes Back is not only my favorite SW movie, but my favorite film, period.

To me, TESB best exemplifies the "feeling" and humanity of the SW universe. The characters develop the most, which is the most important aspect of story-telling, IMHO. The battle between Luke and Vader on Cloud City and the reveal of Vader's identity are the most chilling aspects of the entire saga. I love the Hoth scenes, I love the interplay between Han and Leia (and the awesome "I love you" ad lib), I love the scenes with wise old master Yoda on Dagobah, and I love the the betrayal by (and redemption of) Lando Calrissian.
    I never get tired of watching this movie.

5. Kweh-chan

Kweh-chan Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    I had to think about this for a second. As much as I love the Prequels, it's much easier for me to pick out my favourite than it is with the originals; however, I think I'm going to have to go with ROTJ. I remember connecting with this particular film, as a child, in a way I didn't connect with ANH or ESB; it was my favourite pretty much from day 1. I like the diversity of locations it covers, from a sleazy desert palace, to a lush forest, to the very heart of the Empire, and I always liked the Jabba's Palace scenes. I think, in many way, it's the most emotional of the OT, and I always get chills during the interactions between Luke and Darth Vader; the character development is just great! From a technical level, I think the special effects are outstanding, and there are times in the film where I think it's on-par with ROTS. It was just a great ending to both the OT and the saga, and even now I sometimes find myself a bit teary-eyed at the end.

BUT, I don't think it's the best of the OT. Without a doubt, that would be ESB; I regard it as a perfect film!

6. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Personally, I strongly dislike, well, no, not really, it aint really so much a disliking of that imperial march soundtrack, but one of my biggest pet peeves is that supposedly so called "full blown, epic, imperial march". I'd would much rather prefer the more subtler anakin skywalker/darth vader imperial marches. Here's would be some examples of what I'm am exactly talking about, @Jevan Shevu, dude!!!

2:00-9:00

3:36-5:56.

Notice the more subtley over it. Not the full blown, in your face dude imperial marches like this one over here!!!

7. JevanShevu

Aug 20, 2009
    Yes. But seeing as this particular example comes from Revenge of the Sith, It does not change my viewing of the piece in Empire. The reason is subtley exposed in the film is symbolic to the trasnformation of Anakin to Vader. Later, in an up coming sequence the tone gets heavier, and you know he has fully stepped into the dark side. The music is telling a story.

8. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012

9. JevanShevu

Aug 20, 2009
    :p

10. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Empire Strikes Back.

There's depth and an enthralling storyline, character development, action and insight into the Force, and the score fits so well. Other than ROTS' score, ESB's score is my favourite.

11. Lord Tyrannus

Oct 18, 2012
    You remind me a hell of a lot like my older brother, Admiral_Volshe. He'd had told me that-ROTS is the best of the prequels trilogy but that it "most certainly definitley aint the best overall". Not word for word, of course, but he did say something along those lines!!!!

12. Edgar Sideways

Edgar Sideways Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    Definitely Return Of The Jedi. It gets too much of a bad rap. The last quarter is superior to anything in Empire.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Yunners like this.
  13. Catsmeow

Catsmeow Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Mine would be the empire strikes back. I love each of them but this one I like especially!

14. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    It's a tough one because I love all of them. It would probably be the Empire Strikes Back though because of the Battle of Hoth ,the Asteroid Chase and the Luke vs Vader duel. Plus it introduced Boba Fett and I always laugh at C-3PO moaning as he is being dragged along by Chewbacca.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Can't do it, 6 films are one large saga

Alienware likes this.
  16. LittleOrphanAni

LittleOrphanAni Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2003
    The Empire Strikes Back with Jason Wingreen as the voice of Boba Fett!

17. lukemaraben

lukemaraben Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Return of the Jedi has been my favorite since I was little. I just love the final duel between Vader and Luke.

_Catherine_ likes this.
  18. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Why are SW fans down on ROTJ? It has all of the core elements of SW and the story culminates in the ultimate struggle of the entire saga.

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    TX-20 and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  20. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    Being a fan of the EU, ROTJ sets the tone for me of the entire Expanded Universe. Reading the Thrawn Trilogy I couldn't help but feel a more ROTJesque atmosphere to the whole thing. I really love the entire trilogy as a whole though. ESB has some of the best moments in the entire saga, and ANH has all the classic moments. A very difficult decision that will probably always be changing, but for now I will choose Return of the Jedi.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  21. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    It probably won't surprise anyone that ESB is my favorite. I almost love everything about it. From the Hoth battle, Yoda training scenes, Asteroid chase, all the character interactions, Bespin duel, Darth Vader, Lando, and Tauntauns.

22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite film ever, but A New Hope is a very close second. I find myself appreciating it more and more as the years go by, to the point where it sometimes comes very close to surpassing TESB, which may be the better made film, but ANH just has a constant feeling of joy and excitement that I can't get enough of. They're practically neck-and-neck, and there's nothing I dislike about either of them, but TESB has a slight edge for sheer craft.

TX-20 likes this.
  23. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    The original Star Wars as it was in 1977.

24. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
  25. Queen Apailana

Queen Apailana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    Return of the Jedi is my favorite. I love the final sequence, and the music is epic.