main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Favorite Part of Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darkslayer, Feb 8, 2018.

?

Favorite Part of Star Wars?

1. The Prequel Trilogy

12 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. The Original Trilogy

29 vote(s)
    60.4%
  3. The Sequel Trilogy

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. The Anthologies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Clone Wars

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Rebels

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    When I was a wee boy - all of the Death Star scenes, hiding in the cargo hold, sneaking around in disguise, storming the detention centre, the trash compactor, getting chased around, the chasm, the tractor beam, the duel, the escape and the dogfight - that was Star Wars to me. You could lop off everything prior to the arrival at Alderaan and everything after "Help. I think I'm melting!" and it would still be miles better than a lot of movies made before and since. In fact I think that some 8mm versions of the movie do more or less that.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  2. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Always The Clone Wars will be favorite, loved all the star wars I've seen but Clone Wars is where I started to proper study lore, fanart etc. :) The clone battalions are so interesting and the characters they gave us (Ahsoka<3). Like Delta Squad is where I fully loved that a team of 4 could do so much damage compared to a whole battalion.

I also Loved Rebels it was great and I want more from that finale :)

Nothing takes away the fight Between Anakin and Obi-Wan on Mustafar it was great and considering I loved the prequels and it got a lot of hate, it was easily in my opinion the best fight of the lightsaber duals we've seen.

3. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I don’t think I have just one component I like about Star Wars. It’s the whole package...the world...and ANH really established that. The alien underworld, the Jedi mythology, the bad guys, the vehicles and the sense of fun.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  4. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    No doubt. It's the convergence of all those elements to make a cohesive whole that honestly makes Star Wars feel like miracle of imagination.

themoth likes this.
  5. TripleZero

TripleZero Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 13, 2017
    1) Original Trilogy - Not sure if I can say anything that's already been said, but The character development of Luke has kept me engaged since my first viewing

2) The Clone Wars - I actually thought the character development/interactions of Anakin and Obi-Wan were my favorite parts of the show. I actually how it was handled more that the PT

3) Rebels - A bit of a rocky start, but Dave Filoni's clear love and understanding of Star Wars is unwavering.

4) Prequel Trilogy - I actually think this has the best story and concepts out of everything listed, but I do have some serious conditional statements about its execution.

5) Anthologies- I thought Rogue One was fine, but not something I need to watch after the theatrical release. The Ewok movies are fun, despite their awfulness, and the less said about the Holiday Special, the better.

6) Sequel Trilogy - I liked TFA alot, but TLJ threw a wrench into everything for me at least. Episode IX might turn that around, but I just have to wait and see

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    1. OT
    2. ST/PT
    3. TCW
    4. Rebels
    5. Anthology

7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    What he said. Heels and I are actually twins. :p

heels1785 likes this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    it's true! except baz got all of the smart genes.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  9. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Anthologies?

This does annoy me. There are no Star Wars anthologies. Star Wars: Anthology was the original title for the spin off movies. An anthology is a group of separate stories brought together under one title. So all the Star Wars Story films when brought together would be one single anthology (although you probably need more than two stories).
    The Star Wars Story movies are NOT anthologies by themselves. Even saying "The anthology movies" is confusing as it can mean more than one anthology movie instead of one of the movies from the anthology. This is probably why Lucasfilm stopped using the word and we got the 'Star Wars Story' subtitle instead.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  10. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Original trilogy
    Prequel trilogy
    Anthologies
    The Clone Wars
    Sequel Trilogy

(have only seen the Rebels episodes with Maul and/or Palpatine)

11. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    1. Prequels
    I grew up watching the OT but PT won me over. Revenge Of The Sith hits all the sensitive chords in my soul, and it is always a gut wrenching movie. I think that some of the dialogues between Amidala and Anakin are absolutely great honestly, and they are ignored by people who prefer to emphasize on how Anakin is bothered by sand. I like all 3 movies by the way, but I definitely rate ROTS higher than the other two.

2. Classics
    I will have to give the edge to the OT for second place, since I don't see how the animated shows can win me over the classics. Also, this ranking could be different if not for the last 20 minutes of ROTJ, which is perhaps my favorite sequence in all of Star Wars, and a perfect ending to the saga.

3. Animated Shows
    TCW and Rebels will go to place 3 for me as a total, but that's only because they are not live action. Storywise, I would have to rank them at number 1, but that's understandable since they had hours and hours to flesh out the material, the lore, the planets, the stories.

4. Midquels
    Considering that Rogue One and Solo are both set in the "dark times" I will just call them the Midquels, since they're not really any kind of anthology. Those will take place number 4 though I really like both. It's just that it's only two movies, without a major arc or grandeur as the other movies. If we got another Solo movie, and maybe after we can add the Kenobi show in that era.... these might go up one spot.

All of the above are very close of course, we are talking about over 85% approval on all four of these parts of Star Wars.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    Deliveranze likes this.
  12. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    The Empire Strikes Back

Slap bang in the middle. Imagine if the entire saga was a huge Cornish Pastie. Take a piece from either tapered end and you might get pastry and no filling. Take a piece from the middle, like TESB, and you get a perfect slice of pure, meaty Star Wars goodness all the way through.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  13. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    1. PT
    2. OT
    3. Anthologies/TCW
    4. Rebels
    5. ST

14. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    I find this really difficult
    The cartoons will always be at the bottom
    I think by the time of ROS there will be a representative from. Each section in my top 5 and the ST films at moment are squarely set in middle. But I guess the central section is probably the strongest

RO
    ESB
    Rots
    ANH
    ROS?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019