main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favorite peg warmer?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by MidnightRain, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    Ahh, those dreaded peg warmers. That's all I've come across in stores since early last week, but it got me thinking... Is there a figure most collectors consider a peg warmer, that whenever you see it in stores you think to yourself, "Why aren't more people buying this??" Maybe a favorite character that you think is underated, or a figure with some neat features? Something that ended up being a peg warmer that you think shouldn't have?

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I hate Peg Warmers!

Jk

Ki-adi Mundi

Clone Pilot

3. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    [image=http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/sw0247jangopilotdraw-m.jpg]

that quick draw thing is pretty neat :)

4. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Burn in Hell Jango Pilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    yeah,I tought Jango pilot and clone pilot were two great figures! :D I don't why people didn't buy them to much :confused:

6. Drac39

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah I`d buy another clone pilot :),but not evil Jango :mad:

7. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    hmm i seem to wonder why theres so much kit fistos around my town, i really liked him

8. jango_joe

May 22, 2002
    Maybe walmart should trade figures around to different walmarts, a peg warmers here isnt one somewere else :)

9. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    that is ingenious!!!!!!

10. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    clone pilot

11. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    For the better part of a year the 1st AOTC Yoda Jedi Master (My FAVORITE version of Yoda) was Unbelievably hard to find, I was lucky to get one on April 23rd ;) In 6 months I'd seen him twice! :eek:

NOW, He has finally become a pegwarmer here in Jersey :( It makes me sad :p

And he is one of those awesome figures that when I see him I always want to buy him [face_blush] Maybe that's why I have 5! :p :D

12. jango_joe

May 22, 2002
    5!!! Calm down there.

13. MidnightRain

Jul 16, 2003
    For the better part of a year the 1st AOTC Yoda Jedi Master (My FAVORITE version of Yoda) was Unbelievably hard to find, I was lucky to get one on April 23rd In 6 months I'd seen him twice!

I nearly screamed the day I found him in a store. I was *that* happy.

NOW, He has finally become a pegwarmer here in Jersey It makes me sad

Same here in PA. Awful, isn't it? I mean, Yoda as a peg warmer?! Every time I see him in a store now, I think to myself, "Poor Yoda, someone needs to take you home!"

And he is one of those awesome figures that when I see him I always want to buy him Maybe that's why I have 5!

I have three -- two open and one in the package. He just looked so cool on the desk in my room, that I *needed* one for the desk in my office. It's just nice to look over there while I'm working and smile because I'm thinking about a moment from one of the films. :)

14. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I'd have to say the Clone Pilot as well. This is one of the cooler figures of the Saga line, I still remember how excited I was when I first found it, so if I have to look at dozens of the same figure I'd rather it be this one over a Taun We or Jango.

15. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I'd have to say the Clone Pilot as well.

I'd say the clone pilot too if it was a pegwarmer here. I love that figure.

I guess I would have to say Taun We. I was very happy when I found mine way back when.

16. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    My favorite peg warmer? Uhh that's hard to say since there are no cool ones down here that I'd even consider getting. There's a bunch of Jango pilots at Wal*Mart, and tons of Taun We's and Zam Wessels at K*B, and much of the initial April 23, 2002 stuff at the worst store for finding new figures: K-Mart. And they wonder why they're losing business. K-Mart sucks. :p

17. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'd have to say pretty much any ET figure . . .

Oh wait, you mean Star Wars? Well . . . we have the standard Jango Pilots everywhere and Cantina sets clogging the Walmart aisle. I guess the strangest ones at TRU that have been there forever are the Amanaman with Salacious Crumb and Slave Leia with Sailbarge Cannon. They've been marked down to around $5 for about a year, but there's 4 or 5 of each one still at my TRU. There's also quite a few of the 25th Anniversary 2-packs, particularly the Death Star Escape Luke/Leia which have been marked down to around $10. I think there are also a few Solo/Chewie ones, but I haven't really picked through them lately.

18. MidnightRain

Jul 16, 2003
    Well . . . we have the standard Jango Pilots everywhere and Cantina sets clogging the Walmart aisle.

Our Walmart is so bad that they haven't even gotten the Cantina sets yet. I hardly even go there anymore -- I've never come out of there with anything good! :(

There's also quite a few of the 25th Anniversary 2-packs, particularly the Death Star Escape Luke/Leia which have been marked down to around $10. I think there are also a few Solo/Chewie ones, but I haven't really picked through them lately.

I found Luke & Leia at KB for $5 last week. Which was nice because I hadn't picked that set up yet...but they had a ton of them and they didn't have any Han & Chewie. I don't have that set either -- and would have really liked to pick it up for $5. I love it when SW stuff I don't have shows up somewhere on clearance. :D

19. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    The only pegwarmers I like are the ones that I don't have but want for some reason.

My least favorite are the leftovers from the beginning of the Saga line like Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, and Royal Guard. I also hate any Jango, Mace, or Ki-Adi.

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My local Entertainer store here in the UK has yet to SEE a Jango Pilot - I had to get him in London at Forbidden Planet!
    The pegwarmers (and shelfwarmers) at Entertainer are
    Epic Force Luke, 12-inch Barquin D'an (spelling?), Jango Kamino Escape, the SOTE
    Chewie, Dash & Xizor. And, though I hate to say it because it is one of my favorite figures, the 300th Boba Fett. Anyone want to swap some Jango pilots for this lot?
    The website has new stuff but not this store..

21. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'd have to cast a vote for Teemto Pagalies. :)

22. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Galidor figures, they are about $1.98 and still loads of them on the shelf.

If you mean Star Wars, I too would vote for Teemto Pagalies, he looks like he is doing that kick from the Karate Kid

23. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    And he looks like he's thinking if he's got to be a peg warmer, he'll sit there with a smile.

24. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Teemto was actually pretty hard to find around here. I'd say I've only seen about 10 or 12 of them, which might seem like a lot until compared to hundreds of Jango, Yoda and Clone Pilot figures I've seen. :p

25. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    2-1B...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.