main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Favorite Pet Peeve of the Star Wars Saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DarthRuss, Jan 29, 2013.

1. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    That's some pet peeve you've got there man.

2. The Supreme Chancellor

Sep 4, 2012
    Not sure if she had time to bring her full wardrobe when her and Anakin rushed across the galaxy to help save his mother.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's mostly that "DS2 size arguments" have been going on in the Fleet Junkie thread a few times in the past, as well as producing retcons, re-retcons, and so on.

Hence me feeling that if they'd just got the shots and scaling right the first time, none of that hoo-haa would have happened.

It's a very common trope in movies:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YourSizeMayVary

Tosche_Station likes this.
  4. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    I have to agree :(
    I love her in all three films but she didn't have much of a plot of her own in ESB. She got to do some cool stuff again in ROTJ, but her character never came back from where it arrived in ANH.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    All of the changes with each new edition.
    Leia and Vader not hashing things out in ROTJ.
    Anakin and Obi-Wan having a minute (if that) of interaction in TPM.

TX-20 and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  6. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009

She did when she broke through a blockade in flight from the Trade Federation ten years earlier, despite having no plans to go anywhere until a pair of Jedi Knights showed up in the middle of an invasion. And that was a much more elaborate wardrobe...;)

7. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    It was her own ship! Surely she did have a wardrobe available there!!

8. The Supreme Chancellor

Sep 4, 2012
    Do you keep your entire wardrobe in your car? If you were stuck in the middle of a desert and had to pop in for a suprise funeral would you have your crispiest black suit primed and ready?

9. The Supreme Chancellor

Sep 4, 2012
    She was the queen of Naboo at that time. One would assume she would have various traditional outfits stored in the ship. As a Senator there is absolutely no reason for her to have an emergency funeral outfit on her ship. But if you have one sitting in your trunk, power to ya.

10. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Pet peeve... How different the Emperor looks in ROTS compared to ROTJ. And his duels with Yoda and Windu. Way too much flipping in the air with lightsabers while magically keeping his hood on and silly expressions, too little "ridiculously powerful dark side sorcerer who don't need no lightsaber."

11. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Pet peeves:

Second Death Star

Padme losing the will to live

ATOC "Romance"

Bratty Anakin in AOTC actually Anakin in the prequels. I prefer him in TCW and in OT when we know little about him and much was left to imagination.

Luke and Leia siblings

Ewoks

Anger= Darkside

TX-20 likes this.
  12. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    the scene when jar jar gets zapped by the pod and anakin is teased by his friends...that was useless and should have been cut...really ruins the pacing of the film...

13. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Unsure if this thread is for my favorite or the one that bothers me the most, so I'll do both.

I've always been hugely bothered by the lack of clarity as to how long Luke is training on Dagobah in ESB. That's a hugely important plot point, and it truly affects my enjoyment of the Saga. Also, I find how under utilized Dooku is to be completely criminal. I will scream for a Tyranus novel until the end of time.

A pet peeve that I somewhat like? The goofiness of TPM, for one. It doesn't fit the tone of its sequels but I sort of like it anyways. Pretty much every ridiculous action moment I get a kick out of.

DarthSheev likes this.
  14. Lanoree

Lanoree Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2015
    Scenes not added in the films that need to be there IMO:

A deleted scene where Vader is communicating with Luke through the force on ROTJ. Almost like he's hypnotizing his son. You can tell he's had some influence on Luke. I think they should have found a way to add that scene back in the films. it would make Luke's maturity, Vader's influence, Luke's belief that Vader still had good in him and his change to Jedi Knight less abrupt seeming. In the first two films he's naive, innocent and brash and ready to take on evil and in the third film he looks like his dad - wearing all black and force-choking people at Jabba's palace. The first time I saw ROTJ he surprised me and I wondered through nearly the entire film why was he wearing all black if he's supposed to be good (this is my kid's mind in action, mind you:)). i also wondered why Luke all of a sudden had this belief that Vader still ad good in him. we see some of that at the very end of ESB but I think we could have used more proof in ROTJ and that scene would have solved it for me.

Also, Jar-Jar Binks and the Ewoks are pet peeves. Don't care for them at all.

15. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    The unavailability of the OOT.

DarthSheev, HevyDevy, Sarge and 5 others like this.
  16. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    My main peeves are that both Tarkin and Dooku die and that almost no one is willing to admit they are people in my experience.

DarthSheev and TX-20 like this.
  17. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Great! Now I want a spin-off about Tarkin and Tyranus.

T & T - This Fall on HBO!

DarthSheev and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  18. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    But they ARE people! Bad people, but people all the same.

HevyDevy, Sarge and Iron_lord like this.
  19. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I have a few.

1. I wish Grievous and Dooku had more screentime.
    2. Boba Fett go out better.
    3. Mace Windu have some more screentime.
    4. Have the Anakin and Padme romance better developed.
    5. Dooku vs Yoda fight be longer and better.
    6. A explanation in how Leia remembered Padme.
    7. Make Sidious less obvious in his plans.

20. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    The rushed feeling of Episode II. Felt like they took their time focusing more on the graphics than creating an enjoyable story. And they deleted some great stuff. And don't get me started on the C-3PO/battle droid head switcheroo...

HevyDevy and jahyeshua like this.
  21. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    1. Dooku having like 3 minutes of screen time in ROTS
    2. Making Grievous a weak joke.
    3. The helium-pumped battle droid voices from ROTS and later material
    4. No explanation as to how Luke dragged Vader half way across the 2nd Death Star in 3 minutes without being stopped.

DarthSheev likes this.
  22. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes". I can forgive the PT almost anything - most of the famously "bad" quotes don't bother me that much. But this one is just way too stupid, especially as it comes at such a big moment and is so utterly nonsensical that I can't believe it didn't occur to anyone to change the line. Even worse is that it directly contradicts one of the very best lines of the whole saga - Yoda; "do or do not, there is no try". I guess that makes Yoda a Sith, then. GRR.

On a similar note, "you have done that yourself" gets the award for worst delivery of a line in the SW saga, and always makes me cringe a little.

Tosche_Station likes this.
  23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    biggest pet peeve, the fans on message boards.

24. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Actually SAYING and absolute such as "Do or do not. There is no try." is one thing. DEALING in an absolute such as "If you're not with me, you're my enemy." Or "He will join us or die." is another.

Hope that helps. But I agree, it was a bad line. Haha

25. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    The person who becomes Darth Vader being called "Ani." Just horrible.

Sarge likes this.