main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favorite Pilot

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Genyu_Whosanig, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Wedge Antilles or Han Solo

2. Darth_Deagol

Darth_Deagol Jedi Master star 2

Dec 22, 2002
    Darth Vader

3. EvenflowSith

EvenflowSith Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2001
    Lando Calrissian.

4. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Wedge will forever be my #1 man.

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Luke, the kid took out a Death Star on his 1st mission! Even with his newly discovered talent with the Force!

6. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    Luke, of course.

But to be different, I have to go with... Dack Ralter! (Not sure why, but I just know he's awesome!)

7. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    Gotta be Porkins.

Called Porkins, and grew up to become a lard-arse, now that is what I call fate... :D

8. Eeth_Koth_is_dead

Eeth_Koth_is_dead Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2003
    I liked Hobbie.

9. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    gold leader from the battle of yavin..."stay on target..stay on target!"

10. JOHNNY-B

JOHNNY-B Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2003
    I'm going with Han....the guys got mad skills! (Plus Han is good at maneuvering his way out of almost anything.)

11. Salacious_B_Crumb

Salacious_B_Crumb Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2002
    The guy that flew his A-Wing into the Executor. He was the true hero of the war.

I believe that that is Hobbie, although I could be mistaken. Mine is Dash Rendar (did I get the name right?).

12. Eeth_Koth_is_dead

Eeth_Koth_is_dead Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2003
    That's not Hobbie. I don't know who that was, but Hobbie was only in ESB.

13. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Mine is definately Davish 'Pops' (insert Last Name here). :p I forgot his last name... But EU would be most Definately Horton Salm.

14. Cloudreaper

Cloudreaper Jedi Master star 2

Mar 2, 1999
    To reiterate the answer from the first page, the A-Wing pilot who managed to drive his damaged fighter into the Executor's bridge was at some point (I wish I knew where he was first identified) named Arvel Crynyd. Unfortunately, the Kenner figure for him puts him in a ROTJ Y-Wing pilot outfit and generally makes him look more like the guy who says, "There's too many of them." (although not exactly).

I've always wondered how much Crynyd's action was luck and how much was sheer determination and skill. His ship was rolling from the damage, so control must've been difficult if not nearly impossible. And one would think that if he had hit the Excutor's hull nearly any other place but the bridge, he would've just been another casualty. Heck, even as it stands it would seem the destruction of the Executor was due more to the poor helmsman jumping on the 'dive at full speed' button was the A-Wing came crashing through (either that or really, really poor designing on the part of the Super Star Destroyer systems designers).

As for my own favorite pilot, I'm going to have to think about it. Even if I limit myself to the movies (as I tend to do), I still have a number of candidates...

BTW, since the 'Stay on Target' guy was brought up, wasn't his 'field promotion' from Gold Five to Gold Leader a little odd? I mean, yes, as the (sole?) survivor of Gold Flight, he would take active command, but one would think that changing his callsign at that point (without even annoncing you're doing it short of just referring to him by the new monicker) would just screw things up (of course, it's most likely just a goof since I believe both the novel and script have Red Leader's reply as 'Copy that, Gold Five.').

15. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Definitely Wedge, Wes Janson and Hobbie Klivian! EU-wise, Tycho, Piggy saBinring, Ton Phanan and Face Loran.

16. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Luke,and then Wedge :D

17. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Porkins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.