main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Favorite Primary Character?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Feb 21, 2004.

?

Favorite Primary Character?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Luke Skywalker

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Han Solo

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Princess Leia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Padme Amidala

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Emperor/Palpatine/Sidious

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. Chewbacca

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Obi-Wan Kenobi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Yoda

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  10. C-3PO & R2-D2

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
  2. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm going to have to think on this a bit. I mean, normally it'd be a close race between Luke and Han, but I feel ROTJ sucked the fun out of both characters.

I kinda like Obi-wan overall, so maybe I'll go with him. I just feel weird picking a character out of the entire saga. I wish it were by trilogy, it might be an easier choice.

Then again, maybe not. :)

L8r

3. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I had to go with Han. It used to be Luke, but recently I've been turning into a big Han fan. His character just seems more complex and complete than Luke for some reason.

4. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I used to always think Han when I was a kid, then a few years ago it became Luke. I've not even thought of a favorite character since the prequels started.

I'll probably go with Luke, but Mike makes a good point about Jedi. To me, Han was nothing but cheap comic relief in Episode 6. I think we would have gotten more mileage from Obi-Wan surviving the 1st Death Star than Han Solo blowing at the flames while on an Ewok spit. Ugh. -Campbell

5. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    My Y O D A Yoda, YoYoYoYoYoda.

6. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Screw it, I went with Luke.

L8r

7. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Only seven votes... anyone else?

Brandon

8. kyzman99

kyzman99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    I put Anakin/Darth on the board. Of course, while growing up I was never much of a Vader fan. But, how could you not be a fan of his primary character now? In the beginning (1977)we all wanted to be like Luke and were conditioned to hate Vader. The newer trilogy shows the humanity behind the person who would become the man behind the mask.

9. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Interesting thought about being conditioned to hate Vader. I don't know that we all felt that way. I've certainly always liked him since seeing him redeemed in Jedi, but it's true that perspective has changed a great deal with the new prequels now in the fray. I'm amazed that so many people are obsessed with Imperials in general. I can't think of another franchise where the villains are so popular.*
    -Campbell

OK, I can think of some competition, but that's not my point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.