Favorite Robot Chicken Star Wars Sketches

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Nexumaster, Apr 21, 2013.

1. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
  2. The Shadow Emperor Force Ghost

star 4
  3. Todd the Jedi Mod and Inquisitor of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Heh, reminds of the the "certain point of view song".
  4. feltak Jedi Knight

Hold the Elevator is without a doubt my fav. We had a whole group of troopers doing that at Comikazee I beleieve it was and it was halarious.
    Emperor Zombie likes this.
  5. Slash78 Force Ghost

star 3
    How is this one not up yet...?????

(Warning: Language)
  6. BigAl6ft6 Chosen One

star 5
    I also want to reiterate that McFarlane's Palpy is a work of freakin' genius and, as far as I'm concerned, is totally canon. It's that good. He's so frustrated and put-upon by the universe the whole time, it's amazing.

That being said, I think this is my favourite Star Wars Robot Chicken skit:

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  7. Jedi_Kenobi32 Force Ghost

star 4
    Aside from the Emperor's phone-call sketch, which has already been posted, this happens to be my favorite Robot Chicken Star Wars sketch:
  8. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I love the reactions from Boba Fett and the stormtroopers in the background... haha.
  9. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
  10. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    In my opinion, Vader's troublesome bathroom visit in that one is already something of a classic.
    Last edited by Nexumaster, Jun 14, 2013
  11. Gallandro Chosen One

star 4
    $20,000 Pyramid with Ackbar

and

Dr. Ball
  12. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Looking back at all these really makes you realize what an excellent job Robot Chicken did with Star Wars. Much better than any other TV SW parody IMO, including Family Guy. And surely better than what we would've gotten with Detours.
  13. BigAl6ft6 Chosen One

star 5

The only reason I really mourn the loss of Detours: we would have gotten more Seth McFarlane Palpatine, which is one of my favourite things ever. As far as I'm concerned, that's totally what Palpy was doing in between scenes in Star Wars.

Even if the Detours stuff would have sucked, I'm sure any bit of McFarlane's Emperor would have gotten a few good laughs.
  14. Gallandro Chosen One

star 4
  15. Gallandro Chosen One

star 4
  16. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6

Agreed. I think the Robot Chicken specials are much better than the Family Guy ones. Honestly they are the only Robot Chicken I really enjoy after season 3 much. The rest of RC is even more tired than Family Guy. The spoofy Archer did at the end of season 2 was awesome. I always thought Adam Reed and doing something like Archer or Venture Bros would have been better route to go for SW animated comedy than Detours.
    Last edited by Seerow, Jun 23, 2013
    Senator Kelberry and eht13 like this.
  17. AnakinColodin Force Ghost

star 2
    Got to post this one. Threepio reaction when Old Ben says the Jawas were only stunned is just great.

eht13 likes this.
  18. Slash78 Force Ghost

star 3
    At least we will have our revenge!

eht13 and Circular_Logic like this.
  19. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I hated the Robot Chicken sketch with Anakin going to his "happy place" and I've been trying to convince myself to give the series another shot.
  20. The Shadow Emperor Force Ghost

star 4
    Agreed. That one was disgusting.
  21. aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master

star 1
    I loved pretty much anything with Gary. But the one I loved the most was Gary and the Ewok in speeder accident.
  22. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah, that was a bit much. I would recommend the series overall though; most of the skits are very funny and have very little in common with that one.
  23. Todd the Jedi Mod and Inquisitor of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    IDK what y'all are talking about, that "happy place" one is hilarious! I don't see how it's any different from any of their other sketches, especially considering how morbid some of them can get.

And yes AF I know your particular feelings toward that part of ROTS, and understand why you might not like the sketch, but you other guys aren't AF. [face_dunno]
  24. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6

Haha, true. But I guess I'm just saying that I can see how someone might not like that one... but that they could still find most of the others funny.