main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo Favorite Scene in Solo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Force Smuggler, May 24, 2018.

1. SunStar

SunStar Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 25, 2015
    I loved when just before Chewie sits down in the co-pilot's seat, he's looking at it like he so wants that seat. When he sits down, Han says, "where did you learn to fly?" Chewie answers. Han: A 190 years old?. You look great!"

Ricardo Funes and Sarge like this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Huh thought it was "109 years old"?

3. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I think this is the scene where Emilia mentions in an interview that it's the first time we actually follow someone up into the Falcon completely.

I also love Alden's great Han like pose after he catches the blaster from Lando on Kessel and starts to fire. Reminds me of a scene I think I may have watched numerous times......

@I Are The Internets I definitely heard 190 every time

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Ricardo Funes and Snafu55 like this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I'm just surprised that the fan community hasn't asked the most important question coming out of the film:

Why does an AT hauler have a shower?

5. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    The train heist

6. SunStar

SunStar Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 25, 2015
    I'm pretty sure it was 190 years old.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I thought it was 900......oh wait that was someone else in another movie.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  9. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Both of mine are Enfys scenes. When she hopped on the train and kicked ass, and then later when she demasked and poured her heart out.

I must say, I have been very critical of LF lately for its lack of originality in the new films, but she felt really creative and new to me. Everything about her, from her look to her background to her mercs, felt special. Her moments had me excited for more SW.

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    Toddy, DarthJaceus, Revanfan1 and 9 others like this.
  10. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Wow. Something you and I completely, wholeheartedly agree on.

11. Gabr Saab

Gabr Saab Jedi Knight

Jun 1, 2017
    The opening if only for the romance between Qi'ra and Han. I'm a sucker for that type of stuff.

For action I'd have to go with Enfys's brief fight scene with Beckett on the train.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Holdo: "We are the spark that will light the fire that'll burn the First Order down." (is that the correct quote?)

The very first image in Solo is a spark. I don't think it's a coincidence, given Han's contribution to The Cloud Riders is a spark that will light the fire that'll burn the Empire down.

DarthHass, TOASTEROVEN and Twain like this.
  13. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    So many great scenes to choose from so I'm gonna go with an overlooked one: Han and Qi'ra's reunion. That gorgeous love theme, Emilia's smile, their easy back-and-forth. I didn't realize how much I missed romance, even sex appeal, in a SW movie until that scene.
    And then that exchange pays off in their final scene together:

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  14. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    My favorite scene was the double crossings. Han, Qi'ra, and Chewie knew Beckett would betray them, so they worked with Enfys to set a trap for Vos. Tons of great character interactions and Enfys' gang easily defeated Vos' men. Plus I was utterly convinced Qi'ra would be the one to betray Han and die in the process, but I was wrong and couldn't be happier.

Honestly, the whole film was filled with great scenes. Choosing one took me three days.

15. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Han winning the Falcon from Lando.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  16. BucMan-55

BucMan-55 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2004

I wonder, since Han knew a racer named Needles, if he also knew a struggling guitarist named Marty.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  17. Dukeleto69

Dukeleto69 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2017
    Another fav scene for me was when Han, Beckett etc are squaring off to Enfys Nest's gang and Han tries to bluff that there are 30 armed guys in the Falcon. Then Lando does a runner in the Falcon and Han just gives a look to Beckett and apologises... Very Han bluff gone wrong type stuff. Loved that.

18. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    More of a terrifying scene than anything else, but I'm glad that Chewie and Han didn't come any closer to being 'clipped' at the
    spice mines of Kessel.

That was NOT what I thought shaving off a few parsecs was all about !

Ricardo Funes and Sarge like this.
  19. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Because it’s easier than travelling to Kamino all the time.

20. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I'm not a softy at all, but you're right! This is the first movie since the PT (and arguably the OT!) that had two characters kiss romantically and it felt organic and natural and not weird or forced or laughable. Definitely missed that in a way.

These are fantasy films, so in a way the STs avoidance of romance and romantic tension is quite strange.

Fandalorian and Ricardo Funes like this.
  21. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Watched yesterday again...

The Kessel run is one of the most amazing space scenes in Star Wars history.

That is basically Millennium Falcon bonanza. For several minutes. Glorious.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It was definitely 190. GL himself described Chewie as 200 way back in '77, so Solo must have taken place 10 years before ANH. If Chewie had said 109, that would be 81 years before ANH, and that makes no sense at all, even with the usual lack of hard and fast timelines in SW films.

23. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Do we know, or has anyone figured out what scene on the Falcon incorporated Lucas' idea?

What did Han do on the Falcon that Lucas came up with during his one visit to the set with Howard?

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. GorgeousGeorge

GorgeousGeorge Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2018
    Loved the camp fire scene when Chewie was given the chance to talk for a while, also when Han translates Alden reminded me of Harrison when Indy translates for the village elder in Temple of Doom. Strange crossover going on in my head at that moment ha.

Rodie, TCF-1138 and Ricardo Funes like this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    In the cape room, Han originally hung up Lando's cape. GL said Han wouldn't bother with that, he ought to just drop it.

Toddy, Shaak Ti, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.