main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favorite scenes from the whole Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by ObiWanJedi93, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Hello. I am a new comer and decided to come out the dark and post a thread. What are your favorite moments from the SW saga? I love all the movies and every part of them, but if I had to choose, here are a few...

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Anakin Skywalker: A brilliant climactic duel that brings the saga to an end, sort of.

2. Battle of Endor: Just the whole battle, from trying to destroy the second Death Star, to Luke facing the Emperor, to Han, Leia, Chewie, Artoo and Threepio and the ewoks battling the Imperials on the forest moon. Great battle.

3. Anakin meets Padme: The first time they meet, and this relationship will bring about Luke and Leia.

4. Obi-Wan on Kamino: We get to see the clones getting prepared for battle, and how they clone them and such. Great scene(s)

I have a ton more, but those are just a few. What are your favorites?

2. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    This will probably get moved to the Community forum, but I'll bite. I'll pick 3 scenes from each film:

TPM: Qui-Gon versus Darth Maul in the reactor room, Qui-Gon's funeral, and when Maul is introduced via hologram to the Neimoidians.

AOTC: Dooku's conversation with the captured Obi-Wan, the Clonetroopers on parade before Kenobi and the Kaminoans, and Palpatine's brief conversation with Anakin in his office.

ROTS: the opera, Order 66 and Anakin killing Count Dooku

ANH: Luke's conversation at Kenobi's home, the cantina scuffle, and the trench finale ("let go Luke!" "the Force is strong with this one!")

TESB: Vader's holographic exchange with Darth Sidious, Luke and Vader's final lightsaber battle and the revelation, and when Kenobi and Yoda try to convince Luke to continue his training ("strong is Vader, mind what you have learned, save you it can!")

ROTJ: Luke the Jedi single-handedly destroying Jabba's organization at the Pit of Carkoon, Lando and Wedge taking out the reactor, and Vader's funeral pyre and celebration.

3. MasterAnakin04

MasterAnakin04 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 1, 2004
    Hmm here goes, favourite 2 from each film

TPM: Qui-gons funeral, The podrace sequence.

AOTC: Geonosian Arena battle, Obi-wan visits kamino

ROTS: ORder 66, anakin turns against padme and obi-wan on mustafar landing platform

ANH: Mos eisley cantina, death star trench run

ESB: Battle of Hoth, all the cloud city scenes

ROTJ: Pit of carkoon battle, emperors throne room scenes

overall the mustafar landing platform scene is my favourite, I always get chills everytime I see it.
    Padme: no! stop, I love you!
    Anakin: LIAR! You are with him, you brought him here to kill me!
    very powerful scene

4. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    When Leia and Luke talk alone in ROTJ and Leia remembers mentioning her mom

5. MasterBantha

MasterBantha Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2008
    Any scene that doesn't have Jar-Jar.
    Any scene that isn't a prequel love scene.
    Any scene that isn't AOTC.

6. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I have way too many to count, but the ones I can think of is

-The first and lost shots of Vader in ESB. The Imperial march playing, the close up on the back of his helmet as he searches the sky. The way when the MF makes the jumps, he looks down and back up and then down again. It's pretty sad, but also a powerful scene.

-Anakin vs Obi Wan. It was my favorite duel of the PT [sorry DOF]. The music, the lighting, the acting and the choreography were just all brilliantly combined. It didn't dissapoint after all the waiting.

-The shot of Maul at theed, waiting behind the door with his cloak on. It's a powerful shot, imagine being the Jedi running into that. The begining of DOF, and that didn't dissapoint either.

7. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    We are currently counting down the favorite 100 scenes of the PT in the Prequel Trilogy forum (see the link in my signature), and earlier this year we did it in the Classic Trilogy forum.

When we finish up with this one, I'm planning on a grand Saga countdown, and users will be able to vote for their favorite twenty scenes. Stay tuned.

Aside from the awesome Obi-Wan vs. Anakin duel, and the ROTJ final duel, there are two non-action scenes that are right up there for me:

Binary Sunset and Your Father's Lightsaber.

Great cinematography, acting from Sir Alec, and of course, musical scoring from John Williams.

8. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I'll throw out some beauties:

TPM?The Senate: Padme's mournful visage, as Palpatine speaks horrible truths into her ear

AOTC?The Wedding: Padme finishes kissing her bridegroom, and gives this look that tells me she's already making her funeral arrangements

ROTS?The Bridge: Anakin sheds a tear, while enveloped in his cloak

ANH?Death Star finale: The final shot of Tarkin, dying with the delusion that he'd won

TESB?The Carbon-Freezing Chamber: Leia gives Vader this glare, presaging a final father/daughter confrontation that, sadly, never came about

9. TEVILDO

TEVILDO Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    TPM: Qui-Gon and OB1 at the viceroy's door on his ship / Every time Maul appears / The podrace / All Coruscant stuff except the temple elements / The Duel of the Fate (all) / The brief Anakin's exit from the Federation's ship as the music brings up the Theme of the Force
    If only ONE choice: The Duel of the Fate

AOTC: Kamino's scenes (specifically OB1 vs Fett) / Anakin going to his mother (from sunset to Jawas) / 200 Jedi in the arena "The Party's over" / Geonosis battle / Yoda vs Dooku / The Finale (from "Began the Clone war has" to the end)
    If only ONE choice: The Finale (from "Began the Clone war has" to the end)

ROTS: (2nd Favorite movie of the six) The Opening / Anakin vs Dooku / Grievous arriving on Utapau / The Opera / First Grievous vs OB1 segment on Utapau and the coming of the clones / "In the name of the Galactic senate, you're under arrest" and Sidious vs Mace / Order 66 / The Empire proclamation at the senate / The last chat between OB1 and Padme before Mustafar / The entire climax's double duel... In fact, everything since the fight begins...
    If only ONE choice: Death of Padme/"Birth" of Vader

ANH: R2 and the jawas / Luke and Leia's hologram / The coming of 'old Ben' / The Death Star briefing / The Cantina and... Solo! / Captured by the Death Star / OB1 letting go his physical being as he sees the twins reunited / Battle of Yavin
    If only ONE choice: The Cantina

ESB: (Favorite movie of the six) The opening until Luke's captured / Battle of Hoth and Solo+Leia's escape / The asteroid Chase / At Yoda's home / Vader and the Emperor / Yoda brings the X-wing back / Arrival at Bespin / The Carbonizing scene / Luke vs vader / "I'm your father" scene / The ending (so great music score)
    If only ONE choice: Luke vs Vader

ROTJ: Vader arrives on the Death Star / Droids at Jabba's door / OT musical show (I hate the ES one [face_sick]) / Chewie and the bounty hunter / Going to Sarlacc / Death of Yoda / the "Fly casual" arrival / Forrest Biker Chase / Luke comes to Vader on Endor / Rebel Fleet all assembled... jump to hyperspace / Space Battle / Father vs Son Duel / Vader's death
    If only ONE choice: Vader's death

10. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I am so pumped for this. It's gonna be super sick, but so unbelievably hard to pick just 20 scenes from all 6 movies. It might just be impossible.

11. MasterKenobi1138

MasterKenobi1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2008
    My favorite scenes from the Saga (all six films):

Episode I: Three-way duel between Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Maul; Obi-Wan vs. Maul; Yoda gives Obi-Wan permission to train Anakin

Episode II: Obi-Wan and Anakin chase after Zam Wesell (bickering like a father with his teenage son at the wheel); Obi-Wan vs. Jango Fett on Kamino; Obi-Wan commends Anakin on his "good job" of coming after him to Geonosis; Yoda vs. Dooku; the Clone Troopers depart Coruscant to begin the war

Episode III: Deleted scene of Obi-Wan and Anakin confronting and escaping from Grievous; Obi-Wan confronts Grievous on Utapau; Vader seals off the exits to the Separatist bunker on Mustafar; Obi-Wan dismembers Vader; Vader is resurrected into his "true" form on Coruscant

Episode IV: Opening shot of the Star Destroyer chasing Tantive IV; Obi-Wan introduces himself to Artoo-Detoo; Han shoots Greedo; Han charges the stormtroopers, then flees as he runs up against reinforcements; Obi-Wan tells Luke to "let go"

Episode V: Vader strangles Ozzel; Luke's vision in the Cave; Vader "accepts" Needa's apology; Boba Fett's first appearance; Luke vs. Vader; Vader's Revelation

Episode VI: Luke blows up the sail barge; the Emperor's arrival; Luke reveals his heritage to Leia; Luke and Vader meet on Endor; Luke vs. Vader on the Death Star; Han tricks the Imperials into opening up the shield bunker; Luke stands up to the Emperor; Vader overthrows his Master; Vader's unmasking and death; Luke sees the ghosts of Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin

12. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    Let's see this would be hard but I'll just pick a moment from each episode.

TPM-It has to be the first time Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon ignite their lightsabers and fight the battle droids up until Qui-Gon is attempting to cut through the blast doors. It just reminds us again of Star Wars and we see the Jedi like we've never seen them.

AOTC-Oh lord let me think here...Battle of Geonosis.

ROTS-Basically anytime Palpatine would manipulate Anakin

ANH-Han Solo's intro

TESB-Luke vs. Darth Vader

ROTJ-I would have to say the Emperor telling Luke to use his anger and take the lightsaber away.

13. Vanderzanden

Vanderzanden Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2008
    TPM: The Pod-Race. I don't know why, but I love that scene. The duel between Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Darth Maul at the end is also up there.

AOTC: Arena scene. Seeing all those lightsabers ignite at once, plus Mace Windu cutting off Jango's head....superb.

ROTS: Obi-Wan vs. Anakin. Easily. One of my favorite scenes in movie history. Defenitely my favorite fight scene. Also, the entire beginning from the space battle to the crash down on Coruscant is great. And Anakin being put into the suit. With that first chilling breath, I got goosebumps.

ANH: Ben Kenobi's tragic death and meeting Han Solo.

ESB: Fight between Luke and Vader takes this one, with possibly the most classic line uttered in film history.

ROTJ: Luke taking off Vader's helmet and their little chat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.