main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST ** Favorite scenes & lines **

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Downunder, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    There's always one of these threads. Let's go, which scenes or lines of dialogue really hit home with you?

I can't go past the very final one. One of the greatest scenes of the whole Saga IMO.

2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    It was a doozy. I know some people wanted more from that scene but I thought it was perfect.

The whole final duel was fantastic and Rey taking the saber from Ren was great.

But the smaller, human stuff was great too. Rey making her meal on Jakku (in fact, her whole intro), Rey and Finn on the Falcon. Most of Poe's lines. Most of Finn's. I loved Threepio interrupting Han and Leia's reunion and his line about the red arm.

3. Darth Palpadious

Darth Palpadious Jedi Master star 3

May 31, 2013
    My favourite scenes:

- A day in the life of Rey on Jakku. I loved the simplicity and charm of it.
    - Han's final scene. Incredible. One of the stand-outs of the whole saga.
    - The duel between Kylo and Rey. Nail-biting and emotional!
    - Finn and Poe in the TIE Fighter. I love their relationship.
    - The Falcon chase on Jakku. Fannish joy.

Favourite lines:
    - "BEN!"
    - "I'm in charge, Phasma, I'm in charge!"
    - "12! (14....)
    - The belonging you seek is not behind. It is ahead"
    - "We'll use the Force." "That's not how the Force works!"

4. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I thought they revealed who Kylo was very well - alluding to it then having Snoke spell it out. Really good.

"The First Order came from the Dark Side. You did not" or whatever. Fantastic.

Loved Han and Finn's relationship.

5. Roryrory

Roryrory Jedi Knight

Jul 20, 2013
    Ben killing Han. I love what it means for the development of the hero's journey/fall for the next two films. As sad as it was it was necessary. For a moment I almost believed Han's love would save him but I found myself thinking "no it's too early in the trilogy for that, you know if can't end that way." So full of pathos! It stayed with me all of the next day....

6. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    I loved this exchange (I may get some lines slightly wrong):

Lor: "the First Order were born of the Dark Side. You were not".
    Kylo: "I will show you the Dark Side"
    Lor: "You can try. But you cannot deny where you came from. Your family" (meaning Leia & Han).
    Kylo: "You're so right" (meaning Vader) [ignites lightsaber & murders him]

Great writing =D=

7. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Yeah, really good. I expect multiple viewings will highlight a lot more of that kind of thing. Somebody already pointed out Han boasting that he could talk his way out of any situation and Chewie rightly telling him no.

8. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Poe: "Who talks first, do I talk first?"

9. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    'Because it's the right thing to do".
    "You needed a pilot".

10. Tommy-wan

Tommy-wan Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 15, 2015
  11. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I have to say - I don't understand what it means - but the force back sequence was incredible. When Rey found herself in Bespin? Holy ****.

12. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    She was on Bespin? :eek: I didn't pick that up.

13. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    The corridor that Luke walks down just before Vader jumps out and starts attacking him (leading to him heading out to the antenna thing).

14. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Wow I thought it was a corridor of the Starkiller Base.

DaddlerTheDalek and Satipo like this.
  15. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    No, it was Cloud City. Amazing.

16. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    quote="Satipo, post: 52973511, member: 1382533"]No, it was Cloud City. Amazing.[/quote]

I recognised it after a second only because it was one of my favorite scenes from ESB, but otherwise subtle and I just have to add that I am so pleased with how the "forcebacks" were done - so much better to have some evocation of the Dagobah tree visions, rather than Maz doing something unnatural with her eyeballs.. ;)

Satipo likes this.
  17. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    I recognised it after a second only because it was one of my favorite scenes from ESB, but otherwise subtle and I just have to add that I am so pleased with how the "forcebacks" were done - so much better to have some evocation of the Dagobah tree visions, rather than Maz doing something unnatural with her eyeballs.. ;)[/quote]

I wonder if this was a pick ups thing. I think they played around with the saber and flashbacks angle quite a bit.

I wonder if we'll see more of the flashbacks in 8, or if that's our lot, or if that will be deleted scene type stuff on the Blu-Ray.

18. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    There was so much humor in this one. Doesn't matter if it's the scene you mention or things like Kylo Ren throwing a hissy fit and shouting for the guards, only for you to see two stormtroopers turn tail and get as far away from him as possible.

The number of gags easily surpasses the one for every other Star Wars movie. Those often had more situational comedy than actual gags anyway. Definately lots of fun in this one.

19. Tommy-wan

Aug 15, 2015
    The humor was done soo well. Surpasses all other SW movies easily.

20. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    The funny scene between Finn and BB8 when Rey ask for the Resistance coordinates.

21. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    The chemistry between the cast was fantastic.

I also want to add in the lack of cynicism. The aw-shucks sincerity and derring-do felt like perfect SW to me.

22. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000

Problem being, the gags weren't great, IMO. They dumbed the film down. OT had humour but didn't need to dumb it down, just played it straight.

Admittedly, to balance out the tragedy that is to come, I can see why they went heavy on the jokes, but to me they took it a step or two too far.

My stand-out scenes/lines? I'm struggling to remember any beyond Han's finale - it hit me big and has cast a shadow over the rest of the film. Not in a bad way, just that I need to rewatch it to remember exactly what went down. The Rey-Ren duel in the snow was good though, and I liked Luke's haircut - I was worried they were going to style him similar to Ben Kenobi, but the hair reminded me of Anakin, in a good way.

23. Tommy-wan

Aug 15, 2015
    Couldn't disagree more. Every single one of the gags got great reaction from the audience and they didn't dumb the movie down.
    IMO of course.

24. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    I didn't find that. Remember in ANH they were firing quips & sarcastic remarks constantly, esp on the Death Star. In TFA I can't think of any "bad" jokes. It also benefited from Boyega's first rate comic timing & delivery. Speaking of which his reaction to Han nodding his head towards Rey must surely have been improvised. You can't write that! Very funny.

25. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000

I like to think of myself as a cut above the average audience member ;)

I need to see it again, but it was aggravating me in the first hour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.