main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Favorite Sci-Fi Television Series?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Mar 17, 2004.

?

Favorite Sci-Fi Television Series?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Star Trek

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Star Trek: The Next Generation

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Star Trek: Deep Space 9

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Star Trek: Voyager

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Star Trek: Enterprise

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Farscape

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  7. Babylon 5

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. Lexx

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  9. Firefly

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  10. Earth: Above and Beyond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I picked Farscape but I loved all Star Trek episodes as well. When it comes down to it though I loved all Sci Fi shows.
    I realize though that Farscape is something I wasn't as faithful to as I should have been. There are actually many episodes I missed. The only show I watched faithfully is Stargate SG1 but that wasn't an option, sigh.
    Melanie

2. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    No Dr. Who? No Cleopatra 2525? No Max Headroom?

L8r

3. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I realize though that Farscape is something I wasn't as faithful to as I should have been. There are actually many episodes I missed.

Yeah, I actually got into Farscape during season 3, so I missed quite a bit. The box sets of DVD's are quite nice though. Perhaps you all should try a Sci-Fi night at one of your meetings? I've been trying to do one in Daytona since the group started up and have yet to succeed, but perhaps you all will succeed where I've failed...

4. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    What about TekWar!!!! Or TimeTrax! I kinda liked TekWar.. it was a pretty cool show.

5. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Just thought I would point all the Farscape fans towards...

http://www.farscapeworld.com/news/shownews.php?id=128

Brandon

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I like all the series listed in the poll. They all have their strengths and great moments. Babylon 5 is one of my faves however, And I found that I enjoyed Firefly much more than I would have thought.

7. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    GREAT news. Thank you Brandon! The last few episodes started to feel a little scrambled & chaotic. I hope they've re-found their stride and these upcoming, new & "improved" episodes will rock!
    Can't wait!

Melanie

8. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    My favorite is the live action Star Wars show coming out in 2006. If it were up to me, it'd be about a Maverick-like Lando and his adventures prior to being a Baron-Administrator. If it were up to Dantana it'd be about Kip and Jaina. If it were up to you, what characters or plot would you like to see? -Campbell

9. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    None at all. Star Wars does not need to be destroyed like this. The Phantom Menace already killed it for the general public, the non-Star Wars fans, and a television series *will* bomb.

However, if someone came to me and said, "Brandon, there is going to be a Star Wars television series, and only you can decided what it is about," I would make it about a private eye, some kind of detective, on Coruscant solving cases in the lower levels of the city.

Brandon

10. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    That's all very reasonable, except I think Phantom Menace worked for a fair number (not an OT number) of young viewers. Many young people I talk to think the Prequels are actually better than the Originals. I can't agree, but they are out there.

A part of me is against television, as I'm sure many Trekkers felt in the 80s. After seeing Clone Wars I think it's worth a shot. I just thought about an animated Kevin Rubio-inspired comic series. That might work.

And jumping overboard like an early Daffy Duck, how about a CopRock (flopped TV from 15 years ago) for the private eye on Coruscant? A musical version where both the protaganist and the villains sing their points of view. At least it'd get it over with quickly.

11. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, we can't forget that Lucas is all about MONEY! Therefore, he needs to get the new generations interested (after all, the OT generation is getting old, no offense to all of you) so like Episode 1, the series will be aimed toward younger people. Whatever.

OMG, the other day I sat down to watch TV and they played a whole day of Amazing Stories on SCI-FI. I used to watch them when I was little (remember I lived in Colombia, so the shows aired around 5 years after they aired here). Brought back childhood memories...

12. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Amazing Stories was a great show. I may have to pick those up once the DVD development truck goes around that block.

13. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Amazing, simply amazing.

14. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    has anyone heard anything about Battlestar Galactica? I keep seeing previews for it and am sure I could look it up but prefer to ask. I'd also like to find out if anyone saw the new series, did you like it? Do you plan on watching it when it comes out?
    Does anyone else watch Enterprise?
    Everwood? Is Everwood cancelled?- I know it's not Sci Fi but I liked it.
    How about Farscape? What's going on with that show? Who else watches it?
    TIVO is my best friend right now. I catch up on tv when I've done everything else and it was great to watch on a rainy day with nothing else to do.
    Melanie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.