CT Favorite side charecters in ANH?.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by King Terak, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Aaronaman Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Cheers :) .......I was meaning the original 1970s line of characters.....he's such a cool looking alien
  2. RogueZero Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    [IMG]
    The droid on the right. I dunno, he seems like the loneliest, most pathetic droid in the galaxy.

Oh and in this scene, that Grand Admiral (? No gold shoulder tassels like Thrawn though) on the left. What's his story?
    [IMG]
    Last edited by RogueZero, Jun 24, 2013
  3. AnakinColodin Force Ghost

star 3
    The Grand Admiral has been retconed into being an older Admiral Yularen from the clone wars cartoon per Wookiepedia.

now my favorites from A New Hope are

1.Wedge Antilles
    2. Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes also know as the cantina band.
    3. Chief bast(the guy who warns tarkin that the rebel plan may pose a danger and asks if he should prepare tarkins shuttle)
    4. Kabe the Chadra fan who is getting a drink at the bar in the cantina(Kabe has one of the coolest EU backstories too, in the EU she is the adopted daughter of Muftak the Talz that is scene in the catina, the mental image of a Talz carrying a drunk Chadra-fan is hilarous.
  4. Darth Scourge Force Ghost

star 4
    Chief Bast, Biggs Darklighter, Admiral Motti, General Tagge, General Dodonna.
    Last edited by Darth Scourge, Jun 25, 2013
  5. kubricklynch Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Did the guy in the white have a name other than Yularen before TCW?
  6. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 7
    DARTH_BELO likes this.
  7. Sarge Chosen One

star 4
    Wedge, Biggs, Red Leader, Pops, Porkins, Tyree, Hutch, Gold Leader... Are you sensing a pattern here? FYI, I am a pilot.
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Mouse Droid. What will the saga be without him.

[IMG]
  9. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Force Ghost

star 4
    There's a smoking lizard wearing a red turban.

He's basically one of my favourite side characters of the whole saga.
    Chancellor Yoda and solo77 like this.
  10. Senpezeco Jedi Master

General Tagge and Admiral Snotty Motti. The Force-choking scene in ANH made a big impression on me as a child and is still one of my favorite scenes of the OT.
  11. Celidore Jedi Master

star 1
  12. Messi Jedi Master

star 1

What's the name of the white droid? I like him.

My favorite is Momaw Nadon, visually cool. If we have a cantina in the ST I would like to see him againl[IMG]
    Last edited by Messi, May 5, 2015
  13. Senpezeco Jedi Master

CZ-3, I believe.

[IMG]
  14. Messi Jedi Master

star 1

Hahahah...He looks clumsy and cockeyes.
  15. Rellum Kire Jedi Master

star 2
    This is an old thread.

R5D4 is my favorite, had the toys when I was younger and always liked his design and style.
    Messi likes this.
  16. Binary Sunset Jedi Master

star 3
    Last edited by Binary Sunset, May 5, 2015
    Chancellor Yoda and Messi like this.
  17. Messi Jedi Master

star 1
    Most of the characters of the cantina have an aura of mistery, one of them is the spacer.
  18. DarthSheev Jedi Master

star 3
  19. SateleNovelist11 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Probably General Dodonna. I like his lecture. I do like the scene of Vader choking Motti for some reason. I guess I like it for how obnoxious Motti is, and I appreciate how Vader delivered his lines. I wish we had gotten more of Biggs Darklighter in the film. They should have left all the deleted scenes in, and if they had done that, we could have seen Han being naughty by gettin' kissy with the woman in the bar. Lol.
    Last edited by SateleNovelist11, May 8, 2015
    Chancellor Yoda and Iron_lord like this.
  20. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 7
    In the book, its implied that she's an alien:

In a rear booth they encountered a sharp-featured young man perhaps five years older than Luke, perhaps a dozen—it was difficult to tell. He displayed the openness of the utterly confident—or the insanely reckless. At their approach the man sent the humanoid wench who had been wriggling on his lap on her way with a whispered something which left a wide, if inhuman, grin on her face.
    SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  21. Binary Sunset Jedi Master

star 3
    On the topic of Imperials being side characters, Renz.
  22. SateleNovelist11 Jedi Grand Master

star 3

Dang. I haven't reread the ANH novelization since, like, 2004. I need to do that. During 2013, I enjoyed Alan Dean Foster's writing in Splinter of the Mind's Eye. Apparently, Lucas wanted to make sure that everyone felt they could come to see his film when he first made ANH. But, then, as an EU fan, I prefer Star Wars for adults over Star Wars for kids.:rolleyes: [:D]

I suppose a lot of people like Motti as a side character because he's so full of himself. He's hyermasculine to a fault, and it's a hoot to laugh at. The Death Star is part of how he proves his masculinity, and he's not that different from men who like to show off their large vehicles, weapons, technology, etc. in real life. Lol. Tagge, by contrast, seemed more cautious. He definitely has ambitions, but he's worldly wise enough to understand that the Rebellion could be a much more dangerous than anyone realized. I guess he agreed with Vader on that topic. At any rate, I regard Tarkin as the primary antagonist of ANH, not Vader. Vader doesn't really become fascinating until TESB and ROTJ. Of course, I've read a lot about Tarkin in the EU well before he got his own novel in 2014.

Anyway, if you notice, there are a lot more officers willing to stand up to and talk down to Vader in ANH than in the other two original films. It begins with that random Imperial dude he's talking to at the beginning of the film. He's not being too disrespectful, but he's like, "She'll die before she'll you anything!" He's another side character I like. Just shows one officer in the Empire doing his job. But, then, a lot of people in ANH come off as a little too dramatic sometimes, probably because Lucas was always telling them to be "faster and more intense." If you'll notice, that stopped when he let other people direct his films. Lol. Well, I've been on a Vader kick of late because I watched EvanNova95's Vader vs. Caedus video and Antoine's Vader vs. Voldemort video. Vader is a terrifying, complex, twisted, conflicted, messed up motherfornicator, and some of Lucas's decisions regarding him were among his best ideas. Or so I think.
    Iron_lord and DarthSheev like this.
  23. Binary Sunset Jedi Master

star 3
    [IMG]
    Bolvan and Hija.

Bolvan and Hija are individuals in one scene however they are major roles for the events that occur in the Original Trilogy.
  24. chagrian_scavenger Jedi Master

star 1
    I like many of the creatures and people in the Mos Eisley Cantina. A lot of them get detailed backstories in the 'Tales of the Mos Eisley Cantina' book!

Some of my favorites are: BoShek, Hem Dazon, Labria, Muftak, Mjo (the cyclops), Figrin D'an and Kitik Keed'kak (who Mark Hamill referred to as 'the giant cricket').
    Dice Ibegon and Lak Sivrak are also really great. They make a cute couple, and they are the living proof that love comes in many shapes and seizes ;).

But my all-time favorite has to be Wuher, the grumpy bartender.
    [IMG]
    Last edited by chagrian_scavenger, May 17, 2015
    Chancellor Yoda and Iron_lord like this.
  25. DARTHLINK Force Ghost

star 4
    ^ Yeah, I love his "We don't serve your kind here!" and Luke's reaction makes a scene of mistaken prejudice against other humans until he reveals he's actually prejudice against droids. xD
    chagrian_scavenger and Iron_lord like this.