main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Favorite Sports Moments (Youtube, other vids)

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Jul 6, 2013.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Going on the same idea as the "Random Youtube Video" thread, this can be for our favorite sports moments. I'll start, post as many as you want.

James Wilhoit nails a 50 yard field goal with under 10 seconds to go to beat the Gators in 2004. This is the last time my Vols beat Florida, unfortunately, as we have lost 8 straight since.

2. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
  3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd been thinking about starting a thread like this ...

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Here's another for me. Zach Parise ties the Gold Medal game (2010) with Canada, 24 seconds left. Doc Emrick on the call.

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Can't really beat the Miracle on Ice:

yankee8255 and heels1785 like this.
  6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Landon Donovan's WC goal against Algeria. As called in Spanish by the brilliant Andres Cantor, as only he can- may want to turn the volume down.

I was at a stoplight listening to the ESPN Radio call of this game around noon when he scored- I remember going nuts when it happened, and I looked at the car to my left, and a woman was dancing and screaming in her car as well. What an awesome day that was.

Darth McClain and DarthIntegral like this.
  7. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008

I have to post this one since I pretty much lost my voice screaming over it. I was at the game with my parents, wearing my Mo jersey (which I had driven 40 minutes to find the night before). Pierce & KG were still the enemy. And LeBron hadn't made me cry yet.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    98-yard interception return to seal a victory:

Improbable 23-point comeback in the playoffs!

9. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    That being said....

:p

Bender666 and heels1785 like this.
  10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    And in much the same way ... Before the dark times ... Before the Empire

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The Agueroooo goal. No fan of City, but this shot of United at the Stadium of Light like a kid who just had his candy stolen is great as a fan of CFC. A legendary moment, too.

Also, Tiger Woods on the 16th at the 2005 Masters.

Finally, the best round of boxing in my lifetime. Ward-Gatti Round 9 from their first fight (of three) in 2002.

12. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Aaron "bleeping" Boone

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Holy Buckeye!

xblackout and DarthIntegral like this.
  14. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008

The Indians came back from a 12 run deficit (I believe it's the biggest comeback in MLB history? Or was at the time?). I remember going to bed because I figured the game was clearly over and then my mom came and woke me up so I could watch the end of it with her and my dad.

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    hard to imagine anything ever supplanting this as my favorite sports moment.

yankee8255 and Juliet316 like this.
  16. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Here is a good Joe Montana moment :p

yankee8255 likes this.
  17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    :mad:

the giants have always seemed to have our number for some reason.

18. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Darrel Dawkins:

heels1785 likes this.
  19. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999

Moments I will never forget.

20. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

1:00 mark ;)

Couldn't resist:

21. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Easily the most improbable moment in L.A. Dodger history since the 1988 World Series... and I was in attendance for this game. Me & 2 buddies had debated on whether to go to that game (which was on a Monday night), or one during that weekend, and we decided on that game. Man, how we lucked out. I still get goosebumps in thinking about how crazy we got in the 9th inning, and how it was bedlam after Nomar won it in the 10th... high fiving random people in the stands, horns honking in the parking lot/in the streets leading out of the stadium. 'Twas one of the greatest nights I've ever had.

This game 5 victory in the 2008 Western Conference Finals notched the Lakers a Finals berth, their first in the post-Shaq era, coming in the season in which Kobe won an MVP (though to this day I thought Chris Paul deserved it more that season :p ), and saw the team's fortunes turn in a February trade that got them Pau Gasol. I had never attended a Laker playoff game in person before, so I was naturally extremely excited... the memories & experiences from that game will forever live on in my mind: getting off the subway exit, and being approached by a homeless man asking what time the game started; noticing a conversation between two courtside season ticket holders before tip off (I sat in row 2 of an upper bowl section, but the view from that seat was excellent. The 2 courtside regulars in question seat right next to & adjacent to Jack Nicholson :p ); the Lakers coming back from a double digit first half lead to win the game; and chanting along with my fellow Laker fans "We Want Boston, We Want Boston!" as we exited the building after the game, since the Pistons & Celtics had yet to concluded their Eastern Conference Finals series... of course, Boston would end up winning that series, and the title (in 6 games) against my beloved Lakers. :p

This, easily, was my favorite baseball moment of my childhood (occurring when I was just 7 years old), despite the fact that I'm not even a Blue Jays fan... I just love baseball that much. I remember running around my living room, screaming & dancing, after Carter hit that home run.

23. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

I'm still not over the shock

24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I was at that game! It was absolutely fantastic.

25. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013