main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Favorite Star Wars Film

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by CuppaJoe, Apr 3, 2005.

?

Favorite Star Wars Film

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. The Phantom Menace

5.6%
  2. Attack of the Clones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. A New Hope

11.1%
  4. The Empire Strikes Back

50.0%
  5. Return of the Jedi

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiracleMets22

MiracleMets22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    After seeing RoTS for the second time in one day, I can say I loved the film. Still, it doesn't top ESB, but it comes close. The opening space battle and the battle on Mustafar are awesome. I want one of those Jedi Starfighters, lol

2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I still don't know. It's a toss-up with ROTJ and ROTS.

3. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    Hm...I've still got to put ROTS behind ESB and ANH, but that may change after a few more viewings.

4. Darthtrader

Darthtrader Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2001
    Not just behind,far behind.

5. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    See, I don't see what the big deal is about ESB. Sure, there's a lot of drama, decent acting, the big revelation...maybe it's just me, but that's really the star wars film I get the most bored watching. It drags sooo much. It's the kind of movie I have to be in a mood to watch.

6. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    It's the only one I fell asleep while watching.

7. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    youse guys is caaaaaaaaa - raazy!

8. MiracleMets22

MiracleMets22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    See, I still like ESB more because of the Hoth battle, Yoda's teachings and the saber battle between Luke and Vader. I mean, the battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin is spectacular, but eh, I just like ESB, maybe because it was the first of the SW films I ever watched....yes, I know, I didn't see ANH, lol.

9. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    It's the only one I fell asleep while watching.

I fell asleep when I saw it the first time, but in my defense, I was only 4. It may be my favorite because it's the first movie I actually remember seeing in the theater (the second time, when I was awake). It also seems like the best balanced of all the movies and, IMO, has the best score of the six.

10. Dinogallus

Dinogallus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2003
    I like tESB because it's the most realistic of the original trilogy. (Realistic? Star Wars? Bah!)

But seriously, it shows that this isn't a story about superheroes vanquishing evil with one hand tied behind their backs. They have a real hard time doing it. The Rebels lose the battle. Luke would have died if that vent didn't happen to open up under him. One of the most popular characters gets captured, and as far as the original audience knew, he may never have come back. Thet try to tell you that the Empire outguns the Rebels in the aNH opening crawl, but since a single fighter destroys the Empire's greatest creation, it doesn't come across well.

But RotS is definitely my favorite prequel. It goes:

tESB
    RotJ
    RotS
    aNH
    tPM
    AotC

for me.

11. Jedi_Angel_Leia

Jedi_Angel_Leia Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    ACK!!! I dont' know which to choose. I LOVE ROTJ, I LOVE AOTC, and I LOVE ROTS. It's too hard, maybe I just won't vote.

12. TheUmpireStrikesOut

TheUmpireStrikesOut Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    I definitely have to say that Empire Strikes Back is my favorite film for reasons I can't quite explain (explanation for why I like ESB in next paragraph). It's a bit of a complex thing with me because Revenge of the Sith has my favorite scenes, and the third episode was also the one that gave me the most thrills when watching it. But, Revenge of the Sith was that cool for me mostly because of all the other movies. It made me appreciate the original trilogy much more, and I didn't think that was possible! The only actor I didn't really care for in ROTS was the person who played Anakin...I never really liked him much. He was like a slightly cooler Luke to me, and I never really liked Luke all that much either. It was the characters that he interacted with that made me like Star Wars as much as I do. No, to me, Sidious is the one who made that movie rule so much. Wowwww, he is the best villain of all time...I have a whole new appreciation for the final scene with Luke, Vader, and Sidious now.

But Anyway, I'm going with ESB because it had the best story, the best characters (like Leia, Solo, and Yoda...oh, and of course Vader), the LEAST amount of characters I don't like (the absence of the ewoks and Jar Jar were a plus), and the best twist of all time..."I am your father."

13. Draco19

Draco19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    I would have to say that I don't really have a favorite, I kinda like them all.

14. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    For the prequels, I like Episode I the best. Dunno why. As for the original trilogy, I have to say that RotJ is my favorite one. GO EWOKS!!!! :D

15. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Oy vey, she likes Gungans and Ewoks... :p

16. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Empire of Dreams was on again last night, so I had to sit and watch all of it. I think tonight while I'm having my wine I'll pop in one of the movies. And I know just which one it will be. LOL!

17. JediUruviel

JediUruviel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Oy vey, she likes Gungans and Ewoks... :p

yes I do... >.> :D

18. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Hey, Ewoks are my favorite species in the SW universe. They are a lot of fun to role play. If you think back to ROTJ, they try to barbeque 3 of the 4 main characters, I mean come on, if thats not a fun violent society I don't know what is.

EDIT: But there is NO excuse for the Gungans. That was just a bad idea.

19. Draco19

Sep 12, 2005
    I kinda like the ewoks too. I just watched all the current movies that are out, kinda like a SW marathon, just to have a kinda relax day around the house. I can't wait till ROTS comes out, so I can complete my SW DVD collection. [face_mischief]

20. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    JediUruviel posted on 9/25/05 11:22am
    Oy vey, she likes Gungans and Ewoks... :P

yes I do... >.> [face_grin] [hr][/blockquote]

I shudder to wonder what else you like... [face_tongue]

21. Draco19

Sep 12, 2005
    Shudder??? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! :eek:

22. JediUruviel