Abq Favorite Star Wars Moments

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jedijason330, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. jedijason330 Jedi Master

star 3
    I found this in the Star Wars Insider magazine for the OT a few issues ago, and something for the EU in the most recent issue. I thought it would be fun to hear some of your favorite Star Wars moments and why.
  2. Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Master

star 4
    My favorite is the dining room scene on Bespin. Just the way it was cut, with the door opening, Chewie yelling. Han being the bad mo fo he is and just drawing his blaster and shooting at Vader. My favorite part of all the movies. Second favorite would be Vaders' first breath in Episode III. That was awesome!
  3. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    It's gotta be the Leia: "I love you" and Han: "I know" scene.

At least for the OT. For the PT, it'd have to be Vader's first breath in the mask. Shivers.
  4. Lord_Melkor Jedi Knight

star 3
    my favorite would have to be the fight between darth maul and qui gon (i hope i spelled that correctly)
  5. Redgek Jedi Knight

star 3
    The scene in ESB when Han is being tortured. Lando and Fett just look at each other outside. Then, the whole exchange between Vader and Fett, then Vader and Lando. "Perhaps you think you're being treated unfairly?" Love it.

6. jedijason330 Jedi Master

star 3
    I started this, but did not tell mine.

From the Original Trilogy, it would have to be Darth Vader revealing to Luke that he is his father. Awesome scene.

From the Prequels, it is a tie between the Anakin-Ob1 talk before their fight and the Yoda/Palpatine pre-fight build-up.

From the EU, the scene in Star by Star where Anakin Solo dies. An awesome but extremely gutwrenching scene.
  7. Starkiller454 Force Ghost

star 1
    When R2 peeks into yoda's house on dagobah from the outside when it's raining in episode V. Then when luke and yoda are talking in the inside you can still see R2 peeking in at the window...
  8. Commander_Clem Jedi Master

star 4
  9. hairlesswookie Force Ghost

star 3
    My favorite is the "Award Ceremony" at the end of A New Hope.
    The Music, the excitement, all the smiles on everyone's faces....and we can't help but think ....you guys have no idea what lies ahead of you, hehe. :D
  10. cyndilt76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    i love the sequence in the detention block where han is talking into the mic.

"Everything's under control.uh, Situation normal."
    "What happened?"
    "we had a slight weapons malfunction but, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're all fine here, how are you?"

i just love that dialogue, cracks me up every time.

oh yeah-- and i love the "my hands are dirty, my hands are dirty too" sequence.
  11. BelaLugosi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Matt, you and I agree again!

When Calrisian opens the door to the dinning room... The two or three seconds of footage following Calrisian's line: "I've just made a deal that will keep the Empire out of here forever..." are, for me, the most intense in the OT.

besides, name one scene in the PT that jolted you like that.... SEE, you can't do it!!!
  12. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    I remember being shocked the first time I saw the dining room scene that Vader snatched Han's blaster away after proving himself un-blaster-able... it's like, "Holy Crap, Vader is such a bad-a$$!"
  13. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    /\

And the fact Vader then adds "We would be honored if you would join us" as if nothing amiss was going on!

VADER IS DA MAN!
  14. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    right on, Bob!
    You rock Peter's socks!
  15. DJ_Rebo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Always loved the dogfighting and spacecraft fighting scenes.
    Seeing a large Rebel Armada taking off into Hyperspace in ROTJ.
    Watching the Rebel Armada emerge from hyperspace and having to pull out of their attack positions in that one cool as hell arc!
    Watching the Falcon blow the core and begin to exit the Death Star in its ...uhhhmmm... I guess Death Throes, as the firey fingers slowly creep over the hull and then the Falcon shoots into the vastness of space at the last minute. As a kid in the theatre I was clutching my popcorn bag in my sweaty little mitts, and when the Falcon made it ,Boom! Popcorn went everywhere, much to the chagrin of the theatre patrons.
    Whoa, just remembering those scenes gave me goosebumps.....I need a cigerette now![face_mischief]
  16. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    I watched ROTJ on a huge projection screen last night at my friend Shannon's place, man it was like being in a theater! My favorite scene from that movie is where Luke is hiding under the stairs in the throne room and Vader tells him that he will convince Leia to turn to the dark side and Luke goes berserk and starts whaling on his dad, that whole fight scene just gives me the shivers. Love it!
  17. Starkiller454 Force Ghost

star 1
    yeah, me too!! i just helped my friend write a paper on that sequence for a film class. we found a lot of cool stuff to talk about.
  18. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    It's such a cool scene, the whole mythological aspect. There is so much to discuss on it. I hope your friend gets a good grade. :)
  19. Starkiller454 Force Ghost

star 1
    Yeah, he did!! Too bad I don't get to write about star wars for my classes...haha.
  20. Lord_Melkor Jedi Knight

star 3
    i like really really liked it when like jar jar helped beat the droid armies...jar jar is the true hero of episode I
  21. jedijason330 Jedi Master

star 3
  22. BelaLugosi Jedi Knight

star 1
    <-- suppresses Jar-Jar induced urge to vomit.
  23. Lord_Melkor Jedi Knight

star 3
    bela, just let it all out.
  24. BelaLugosi Jedi Knight

star 1
  25. bobasparxx Jedi Knight

star 3
    My fav moment is in the VHS Jedi Special Ed. Two Ewoks are talking English.

"That guys wise."
    "Likewise I'm sure"

Man, I know Im not high, I could swear that these badboys talk English. The voices coming from the Ewoks sound like those two squirrels in those WB cartoons.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.