main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Favorite Star Wars Moments

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jedijason330, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    My favorite scene is in EPIV, when Luke is looking at the twin suns setting....The shot is alone is very moving....but when you had the music to it....it literally moves me to tears! I love the way GL duplicated this scene in EPIII too!

2. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    That is my favorite moment too. The tie in of the twin suns setting from Ep III to Ep IV. Gives me goosebumps everytime.

3. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Also my fav scene from ANH...perfect shot, perfect music. *goosebumps*

Along with certain scenes, I love how there are mirrors of certain scenes in both trilogies...for example, from the sunset scene in ANH with Luke wondering about his future, right before he sets off to find R2 and begin his journey - then flip to Ep2 with Anakin looking at the sunset wondering about his future, setting off to rescue his mom and do some very bad things.. :(

Another scene that also has a lot more meaning is the Emperor stir fry scene from ROTJ...you can almost see Vader having a flashback to when he watched Palpatine fry Mace...and the wrong choice he made in that instance....

I could go on and on - geez - you'd think I like Star Wars or something! ;)

4. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    My favorite is the order 66...and not because all of the Jedi get capped, but because you get to see more Clone Commanders and troopers in those clips. The Star Wars insider # 81 said that they are plannign an upcoming isse on Clone commanders and what there ranks and colors mean. Sweet...

5. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Did anybody notice in the latest Star Wars Insider that someone bought two tickets for a midnight opening night showing at the Winrock 6, and did not use them? Was that anybody in the FanForce?

6. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    Probably not. I was at Winrock 6, and I don't think anyone else from the Fan Force was there.

7. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I don't think so - no one has fessed up yet. Although it was funny to read Steve Sansweet's response to that ... collection. Kind of like "hey stupid, why did you pay for tickets then not see the movie?"

PS. Nice signature, BTW. [face_tired]*FACE SARCASM*

8. karenec1

May 16, 2005
    I thought I was the only one who noticed... :D

9. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    maybe they had a family emergency? i think calling some stupid in a public magazine is low-class... there are a thousand reasons why they couldn't show up. I mean talk about pie-in your face if it turns out that the people were in a car accident or something like that.

or they got tickets to a bigger theater...

10. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    the guy collects opening night movie tickets. He's been in the insider before.

11. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Movie tickets...

Who here has saved any of there tickets or stubs from any of the SW movies? I for one have saved all my ticket stubs from the Special Ed. releases on up to EPIII. I even have a few of those promo tickets that were given away in Post cereal boxes at the time EPII came out. Damn those are cool. Graphics on the tickets were the bonus on the tickets. Thats why I never redeemed them.

12. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I kept mine from ROTJ...*sigh* a whole $2.50 I had to pay back then....

I think I have some from the SE series, as well as all 10 from EP2 & Revenge of the Sith.

Wow. I *just* realized how much I'm a :-B

13. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Something we've known all along, Wook!

Don't sweat it, though. I've saved all my stubs from the SEs on. Stuck in the back of the jewel cases of the soundtracks...

14. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I don't know why, but I save all of my ticket stubs. They are all in a Star Wars lunchbox.

15. servent78

servent78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2005
    well my favorite scenes have to be:

In episode 2 the yoda and dooku fight awesome!!

In episode 3 the epic battle of anakin and obi wan

In episode 4 the scene of luke looking at the moons and the music just makes it

16. Starkiller454

Starkiller454 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 20, 2005
    lol, me too! i keep my tickets in my anh metal lunch box

17. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I've only seen Star Wars in a theater 8 times, and all of them are ROTS. I am keeping all of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.