main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Favorite Star Wars movie (and/or version)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Sep 7, 2004.

?

Favorite Star Wars movie (and/or version)

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. A New Hope

71.4%
  2. A New Hope (Special Edition)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Empire Strikes Back

14.3%
  4. The Empire Strikes Back (Special Edition)

14.3%
  5. Return of the Jedi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Return of the Jedi (Special Edition)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Phantom Menace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Attack of the Clones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Star Wars Holiday Special

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
  2. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    OK, I know this is a pretty basic question, but this might be a way to get to know our likes and dislikes relating to Star Wars.

I like the original "A New Hope". I don't mind the special edition so much, as long as they stuck with spicing up the effects a little. I didn't care for the newly created stuff (except the DS battle), but I did like the added original Biggs material. I can't STAND what they did with the Han and Greedo thing. The Jabba scene... It doesn't bother me either way. Didn't really need to be there, but ok.

All in all, some hits, some misses, but the original is what got me in this thing, so I'm sticking with that.

3. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    I had to say Empire Strikes Back, SE b/c I can hardly remember the difference between the original and the special ed, i've seen the spec ed so much! But also ESB b/c it was the first time we saw yoda, and i vividly remember that as a kid, plus the failure of Luke in the cave when he cuts off Vader's head and his own face looks up at him....I was captivated by that. Plus, I was only a baby when my mom took me with her to see ANH, so I don't have the vivid memories from it like ESB. :)

4. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Oh yeah, ESB-SE is a great one. I have no problems with any of the stuff they did to that one. As far as a follow up to a blockbuster like Star Wars (er... A New Hope), ESB was PERFECT.

5. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Original version of A New Hope.

It's the first movie I remember going to see as a kid.

6. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    You must've been pretty young when you went to see ANH as a kid....lol
    I think Luke whines way too much in that movie!

7. Jedi_Sha

Jedi_Sha Jedi Master star 5

Oct 13, 2002
    i absolutely adore esb. i think i misread the line and clicked original rather than special edition, but there's hardly any difference besides the wampa scene, which actually doesn't add a whole lot to the movie anyway. (wow, talk about a run-on sentence)

8. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Empire Strikes back is my favorite without all the new added stuff in. Some of it was good but Luke screaming as he fell down the shaft was a bit much even for Lucas. He jumped off! Why would he scream? :p

9. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Yeah, I don't think he screamed in the book.....just resigned silence....i think....I'll have to check.

10. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    A New Hope, Original Version. And yeah, in part because I saw it in the theaters back in '77. :)

I also like the Biggs stuff that finally made it into ANH, I would have liked to have the scene where he tells Luke he's joining the Rebellion in it, too.

Most of the Special Edition stuff doesn't bother me, except for Greedo shooting first. And I actually like the big dance number that got added in ROTJ.

I am however shocked that Holiday Special hasn't gotten any votes as of yet. Our fanforce has made viewing of that an 'unofficial initiation'. If you can survive the two hours of that movie, you are a truly dedicated fan ;)

11. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I remember seeing the Holiday Special when it aired, but haven't seen it since. I would like to see it again... just to remind me of how off the wall it was.

Did anyone have the Holiday album? I had it at one point, but have NO clue where it is now. Bon Jovi was on it, but I don't think he sings that song on tour (I could be wrong... hehehe).

12. obivolkenobi

obivolkenobi Jedi Master

May 24, 2002
    I definitely say ANH, original edition. Like others have said, it was the first movie I ever saw in the theater and its had the most impact on my life.

Even though it didn't make it to the movie, I really, really like the scene in the book and radio drama where Biggs tells Luke he's joining the Rebellion. It's a great scene because you come to understand just how dangerous it is to join the Rebels and how passionate they are.

I was re-reading some parts of the ANH novel the other day and I realized again how good I think it is. Anyone else like the original ANH novel?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.