main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favorite Style of Clone Trooper

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Wicket_I_Love_You, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wicket_I_Love_You

Wicket_I_Love_You Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    There were many differnt kinds of clone troopers: The pilotes, ARC troopers, plain white, camoflague scout trooper, etc. I just want to know if anyone else had a fav.

My favorite would have to be the scout trooper with the camoflague as seen in the battle at Kashyyyk

2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    My favorite would have to be the scout trooper with the camoflague as seen in the battle at Kamino.

I think you mean the battle on Kashyyyk

3. Wicket_I_Love_You

Wicket_I_Love_You Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    thanx, so do u hav a fav?

4. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Yes, the camouflage look that was sported by Commander Gree was my favorite as well. Very cool.

5. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Dunno really, they all look pretty suh-weet.

Probably Commander Cody.

6. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    [image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Tyson1234/orange_sw_poster.jpg]

I like the yellow version of this.

7. Maphisto86

Maphisto86 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    What I can't understand is why the stormtrooper's at Endor in ROTJ didn't sport camouflaged armor like their clone wars predeccesors... No wonder they were beaten by the Ewoks ! lol !

The clone trooper armor in ROTS is a major improvment over the ones in AOTC. I like how they looked less mandalorian and more stormtrooper like. I also liked the lack of the fin at the top.... or at least it's less pronounced on the hemlmet. I wished that the stormtrooper armor in the origional trilogy ( at least after ANH ) had the color coded armor... it helped destinguish rank among the faceless clone troopers/stormtroopers . My favourite is the average stormtrooper... though the camoflauged scouts are VERY cool.

P.S. My theory on the clone troops evolution into the stormtroopers is that the Empire needed a new clone host since Jango Fett was dead. Jango had to stay behind on Kamino ( or at least visit a lot ) to provide fresh DNA to the cloners and train the clones. With Jango Fett dead the Kaminoans will eventually run out of spare DNA and Im geussing they can't just use some from the clones.... it would be like copying a copy. The DNA would probably break down. So every once and awhile after the Clone War the Empire had to find a new host for cloning.

8. nyjet10

nyjet10 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2005
    ^^^But they could just get the DNA for Boba Fett or to make there likes easier the clones themselves. This way they don't have to manipulate the DNA.

But to get back, the Camoflage was absolutly awesome, when I saw it I was so impressed. If they change ROTJ in the futre I hope they put in Camotroopers

9. TheLeftSide

TheLeftSide Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    I liked the green ones! And the red ones! And the blue ones! Hehehee...

10. R2_3PO

R2_3PO Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    The reason the stormtroopers aren't camoflage in ROTJ is because the Palps wanted them white so he go show his arrogance and how they were so strong that they didn't need camoflage.

11. Jedi_Fighter_Pilot

Jedi_Fighter_Pilot Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2004
    Comander Cody's armor looked so awsome.

12. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    I like the blue Lieutenants from II, although you can only see two of them in the big Kamino cloning scene, if you press pause. Hehe.

I dig the Arc Troopers, pilots from II, and I also liked that the Mygeeto clones in III wore Snowtrooper armor.

13. dartharseneau

dartharseneau Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    I liked the camo Troopers top, but the black leggings kind of bothered me for some reason. So I'll go with the Arc Trooper or the Regular Clone from Ep.III. Quick question though. Why did the Republic switch armor after only 3 years (AOTC to ROTS)? That had to be extremely expensive.

14. DarthVegas

DarthVegas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    The Empire was no longer at war. Stormtroopers were simple shock troops used to patrol planets. Rank was established by that shoulder guard thing, but no need for color coded anything when the Galaxy was "at peace" in Palps eyes.

The Rebel insurrections were just a thorn in the empire's side, but not necessarily a major war combantant... that is... until the Death Star blew up.

15. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Yea the Empire really got cheap, you can see the decline of quality in armor and ships and all that. Guess it didnt matter because they thought they were the only government in place and they wouldnt have to fight any wars. until the rebellion came along. My favorite were the Kasyyc <-best attempt at spelling it, scout troopers.

16. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    By far, the Kashyyyk Swamp Troopers are the coolest.

17. ExarKunPJ

ExarKunPJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    Camo is the best. Especailly the commanders.
    Cody's is hench as well. What a legend he is!!

18. classified

classified Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Camo or Blue. Kick ass.

19. V4D3R

V4D3R Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Do the clone troopers become the Storm Troopers?

20. Qu_Klaani

Qu_Klaani Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    "What I can't understand is why the stormtrooper's at Endor in ROTJ didn't sport camouflaged armor like their clone wars predeccesors... No wonder they were beaten by the Ewoks ! lol !"

A theory ive read is that those stormtroopers werent expecting trouble, so they were too lazy to paint their armour...which makes sense, and explains a few things.

Oh and Ill echo the camo clones, they rule.

21. dri-ma-kadi

dri-ma-kadi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    The style like Commander Bacara

22. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    I think the reason the empire dosen't use camo is because they don't care if anyone can see them or not as they see themselves as fearless and invincible.
    Also, I think that the empire didn't want any of the clones developing too much individuality like the Jedi generals did during the clone wars.

As for my favourites I like the Gunship and ARC Fighter pilots, ARC Troopers and the medic troopers.

23. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    1. Commander Cody
    2. Commander Baccara
    3. Commander Bly
    4. Commander Gree
    5. Commander Neyo

24. kann

kann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    I love the first generation of clone troopers in AOTC...

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I liked the ARC pilots during the Battle of Coruscant. Their helments had a disctinctly Rebel look to them

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.