Favorite SW book

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio' started by Jade-Walker, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, more getting to know you stuff.
    We already did favorite character, so how about favorite SW book?

Mine has to be Vision of the Future. Anything Zahn is good with me. But I loved Vision of the Future. :D Mara and Luke falling in love [face_love]
    The only thing I didn't like about it was that as the book progressed, the Luke and Mara chapters became farther and farther apart.
    I love how Mara makes Luke realize some of his mistakes. And how he helps her to become a real Jedi. They make each other better. :)
    My favorite part was like their Force-meld. [face_love] That's the ultimate in intimacy between two people. It kinda made me feel sorry for Han and Leia that they would never be able to find that level together. :(
  2. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Ooh, tough one...

It's hard for me to pick just one, so I'll go with...

The X-Wing series. The fact that my favorite character has a big part in them doesn't hurt, either.
  3. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Obi-Wan has a big part in them? :confused:
    OR are you talking about Corran?

I like Stackpole's writing, too. Too bad he and DR don't get along well and he's been kicked out of George's driveway. :(
    Then there's Gavin. I like the kid. :) I really have to finish that X wing and Wraith Squadron series some time. ;)
  4. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Of course I mean Corran! :p

Stackpole did a great job on the novels and I liked Alston's books as well.
  5. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I only read the first Wraith Squadron book.
    I've meant to read the rest, just never have gotten to it. Unfortunately, the space battle stuff is the least captivating for me. That was the part in ANH where I would fall asleep as a kid. [face_blush]

If you like the Wraith Squad & X wing stuff, though, there is a great fan fic by InyriForge that you can look up. ;)
  6. MaverickJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I really love all things Zahn. I think Heir really holds a special place with me, since it really brought me back to Star Wars at a time when I had drifted a bit... it really "re-invigorated" me so to speak.

But I also like The Magic of Myth... yes, I know it's a nonfiction, but nobody said my answer had to be a novel! Hehe. The entire body of ideas represented in it, and the brilliant photographs, really make you wonder at how George Lucas keeps aaaallll those ideas gelling so well together in his mind. :)
  7. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think I would have to go with Keyes' NJO duology. I don't know if I would call it a 'favourite' SW book(s) but they are certainly the books I read the fastest and they really got me into the NJO. But we know how that turned out [face_plain]
    All in all, I don't think there has been a SW book I hated (unlike Jade :p ) but there are ones I have read considerably quicker than others. Currently I'm trying to catch up on pre Epi. III/Clone Wars books before May. ;)
  8. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    The Keyes Duology definitely is up there on my list :)
    I was so excited about the development of Anakin's and Tahiri's characters. Anakin was a set-up to be the next Luke. And their little budding romance. [face_love]

Then the dark times came. [face_plain]

;)

I would have to say that of the Clone Wars novels, Dark Rendevous is one of the best ones that I've read so far. Shatterpoint is the other. Both really are rivoting and get you involved in the story. Plus they further the idea of light, dark, and what exactly the role of a Jedi should be in their changing galaxy.
  9. Darth-Shul Jedi Knight

star 1
    Do yourselves a favour and read dark rend., and then "Labyrinth of Evil." Blew me away and really sets up movie. If you are a war strategists then Jedi Trial is your book.

I haven't read Shatterpoint?
  10. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I haven't read Shatterpoint?

Are you asking us? :p

I'm currently on The Approaching Storm, which seems to be a better than average SW book so far.
  11. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah. That one is good, Moffy.
    If you want good delving in to Dark and Light, Read Shatterpoint. ;)

I just finished Dark Rendevous. Very good. All should read. Now I'm starting Labrynth of Evil. ;)
  12. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Dang, I'm so far behind on Star Wars books!
  13. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah. Those three would be the ones to catch up on, though, if you have time--not like there will be much time after the new arrival, however. ;)

But you can skip Jedi Trial. The Medstar duology was good, but not essential. ;)
  14. einstein37 Jedi Padawan

My favorite is Cloak of Deception.
  15. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome, einsten37 :)

What is it about the Cloak of Deception that you liked?
  16. einstein37 Jedi Padawan

Maybe partly because it was the first Star Wars book I ever read. It also was more politcal and gave a lot of insight about the characters in E1.

I really like the prequel novels in general, more than the NJO series.
  17. darkoak Jedi Knight

all of the sw books i have read, were not in order or just not a complete series, that i have no real favorite one, but the NJO is the funnest and the scariest cuase the Vong can not be felt in the force. so the jedi must learn more new ways to do things. jannia is the coolest of those books to me. but jannia and anikan, both almost turn to the dark side cuase of problems that are in there life.
  18. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Wecome, DarkOak :)
    Be sure to stop by the "hello" thread and the "survey" thread so we can learn a bit more about you and you can learn a bit more about us :)

Its cool that you like Anakin Solo. He's my second favorite after Mara Jade :cool:
    I like that they explore turning to the Dark Side with Jaina. But do you think it went far enough? I never got a big feeling of going to the Dark Side--more like she was in a really bad mood. [face_plain]

I do really like having her in Rogue Squadron and having her mock the Trickster goddess. LOL!
  19. MaverickJedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Man, I really fell off the wagon of the NJO books. I have got to catch up...

Right now I'm reading Shatterpoint though, and I have to admit, it's becomming one of my faves very quickly. Not the story so much, but some of the lines in it are just so memorable, like Mace's "When the big dog walks, the little dogs get out of the way."
  20. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes. Shatterpoint is definitely one of the better Clone Wars books that were written. :D I enjoyed that one quite a bit. Very different from the others that were written. :)
  21. Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am a fan of the kids novels by Jude Watson -- Jedi Apprentice, Jedi Quest, and now The Last of the Jedi.
  22. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked the Jedi Apprentice books. I loved learning more about Obi and Qui-Gon. :)
    Jedi Quest is helpful in understanding Ani & Obi's relationship, but I don't find those books as good.
  23. Cor-AlGelkar Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree the JA books were much better than JQ. And the Boba Fett books were just plain lousy (although Jude didn't write them). But the new series has potential
  24. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I read the first couple of Boba Fett books. But after those, the library didn't have any more, so I stopped. Guess it wasn't a big deal then. ;)
  25. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    I felt somewhat silly getting the kids books, but they were good reads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.