main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Favorite SW Text or Passage

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    This was Stacy's idea.. I'm reposting it to the new board...

Here's the idea, any text or passage that was not in the movies.

Pull from any source, expanded universe, comics or novelizations of the movies. Just list where you got it from. Books always have so much more detail than the movies.

2. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Here is Stacy's first post:

Revenge of the Sith.
    Operating room:

Padme? Are you here? Are you alright?
    I'm very sorry, Lord Vader. I'm afraid she died. It seems in your anger you killed her.
    This burns hotter than the lava had.
    No.....no, It's not possible.
    You loved. You will always love her. You could never will her death.
    Never.
    But you remember.....
    You remember all of it.
    You remember the dragon that you brought Vader forth from your heart to slay. You remember the cold venom in Vaders blood. You remember the furnace of Vader's fury,and the black hatred of seizing her throat to silence her lying mouth--
    And there is one blazing moment in which you finally understand that there was no dragon. That there was no Vader. That there was only you. Only Anakin Skywalker.
    That it was all you. Is you.
    Only you.
    You did it.
    You killed her.
    You killed her because, finally, when you could have saved her, when you could have gone away with her, when you could have been thinking about her, you were thinking about yourself.
    It is in this blazing moment that you finally understand the trap of the dark side, the final cruelty of the Sith....
    Because now your self is all you will ever have.
    And you rage and scream and reach through the Force to crush the shadow who has destroyed you, but you are so far less now than what you were, you are more than half machine, you are like a painter gone blind, a composer gone deaf, you can remember where the power was, but the power you can touch is only a memory, and so with all of your world destroying fury it is only droids around you that implode, and equipment, and the table on which you were strapped shatters, and in the end, you cannot touch the shadow.
    In the end, you don't even want to.
    In the end, the shadow is all you have left.
    Because the shadow understands you, the shadow forgives you, the shadow gathers you unto itself.
    And within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame.
    This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.
    Forever....

In the book Sidious is refered to as " The Shadow "

This is one of my favorites because, you can see Anakins regret, he realizes he's been duped ,that he was nothing but a pawn.

3. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Here is a quick bit, just to push along..

"It smelled like a bantha stable in the hot summer, and the only good thing about the place was that the light was dim enough that she didn't have to look to closely at the patrons..."

Shadows of the Empire, Steve Perry

I love this book because and actually it is one of my all time favorites because it plays with the time between movies, linking many 'little things' together. I also particularly like this passage because it makes me think of an old detective movie genre. I can picture a smoky room, a lady smoking a cigarette, and a piano playing near the bar..

4. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Ok, I guess only me & Stacy read SW Books, Comics, Bookmarks, etc, etc.. :-B

Anyone..? :D

5. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    This ones short...

Star Wars Republic #52 "May the Force be with you meatbag." - Durge

For some reason, calling a jedi a meatbag is hilarious to me.

6. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I'm not good at remembering passages from books a while after I've read them, but if I read something in one I'm presently reading, I'll post it.

Can't remember exactly, but I think it was in Shadow of the Empire where Luke is walking through a sewer or something and he's thinking about how bad it stinks, and about how he realized that to be smelling the stench he was actually breathing in microscopic amounts of whatever was making the stench. I've thought about this a lot lately as the farmers are fertilizing their fields... [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.