main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favorite System

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by jangoboy71, Dec 17, 2002.

?

Favorite System

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. PS1

11.1%
  2. PS2

33.3%
  3. N64

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Gamecube

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Nintendo (original)

11.1%
  6. XBOX

22.2%
  7. Pong

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Atari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Who cares? They all suck!

11.1%
  10. Who cares? They're all great!

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangoboy71

jangoboy71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2002
  2. jangoboy71

May 14, 2002
    sorry sega people that is not an option on the poll but you can post that vote

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    PS2. With the latest graphics that are comparable to gamecube or xbox, and the larger selection of games to play (because you can use ps1 or ps2 games on it, the reason why I bought it), PS2 has an advantage over the others, plus it's controller is the most comfortable too.

4. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Ps2 all the way. For a few reasons.

1. 4 times as many games as the pathetic Xbox and Gamecube have to offer.

2. DVD Playback right out of the box. Xbox just wants more of your money, so they come up with a crappy DVD playback system that, in order to watch DVDs, you have to shell out an additional $30. Lame. And Gamecube can't even play DVDs or audio CDs!

3. Exclusive PS2 games. GTA:Vice City, Gran Turismo 3, SOCOM US Navy Seals, etc. etc.
    PS2 pretty much has the top games on the market today.

4. Easy online capability. It has a good online system. Although Xbox has a better organized system, those moneyhungry punks from Microsoft want your credit card # so they can bill you for ONE YEAR's online service. PS2, you don't pay ANY fees. Just hook up the adapter and you're online. Plus it's fair to other gamers who only have 56k connections; it supports broadband AND 56k, whereas Xbox has broadband only.

Oh and by the way Jangoboy...Pong is not a system. It's a game.

5. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Voted for PS2... Reborn is dead on.

Death to the M$ console monster! Jedi Knights UNITE!!

Besides after consoles, every one knows that the Commodore 64 was the best game platform EVER! ;)

-b-

6. jangoboy71

May 14, 2002
    i voted for who cares they are all great cuz they are all great. but a nice advantage xbox has over ps2 is u dont have to spend an xtra amount of money for a memory card

7. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes, down with Bill Gates, the third anti-Christ!!! Support Sony... Xbox needs to go. And I also agree about the DVD playback, Will. I forgot that very important point. Plus, like I said before... the Xbox has such a big and bulky and uncomfortable controller... while the Playstation 2's is sleek and small and fits nicely in your hands. It is probably the best shaped controller of any system to exist, making gaming a lot more enjoyable... I'd even put it above the original NES and Sega controllers...

8. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    I'm not going to vote because my favorite system, the PC, isn't on the list.

9. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    A good point brought up on the memory card deal, Jangoboy. Although I absolutely love the hard drive invention for the Xbox, and the fact that you don't need a memory card to save, remember that a hard drive is coming out soon for the Ps2 and you'll be able to do the same thing for it (yes, that's what that big empty space in the back of the Ps2 is, an expansion bay for a big bad hard drive). And anyhow...it's kind of a equal deal...with Xbox, if you want to play DVD's, you gotta buy the playback kit. $30 down the drain. With Ps2, you gotta get the memory card, $25 well spent (it lasts a LONG time, I have almost 20 games and I still have room leftover on my card). Therefore you end up spending money on either system. And Eric, you mentioned of the Xbox controllers...those absolutely suck. Whoever designed them must have thought we all had hands like a gorilla or something...those things are insanely large and bulky. Therefore Microsoft heard the cries and pleas of all the poor suckers, I mean people who bought early Xboxes and made a revised controller called the Controller "S", a smaller, more compact version of its behemoth predecessor. But to say the least, it's still awkward, and it still has a cheap, breakable feel to it. Ps2 controllers are sleek, comfortable, and have that "just right" feeling when it comes to kicking butt in games. Man I love debating this stuff...

10. jangoboy71

May 14, 2002
    some people consider pong a system so thats why i put it up there. and i got a good deal with my playback kit-i got the lotr dvd free with it dsving me a good $15. the controller thing i think xboxes are fine. some people cry that they're too big, heck my lil bro thinks they' re good (hes 8). i really dont care what system's better. the whole game thing, though ps2 has 200 more games than g-cube and xbox they games they do have like metroid, halo, mario and outcast ps2 doesnt have. and some ps2 carries madden, medal of honor, lotr etc. are also out for the other two systems.

11. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I mean this in the nicest way possible Jango, but nobody I know considers PONG a system... it was a game for Atari that was one of the earliest video games... but it was never a console unto itself. Sega Genesis or Turbo Grafix 16 would be a better candidate to put in that poll choice.

12. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Maybe Gamecube and XBox have their own flashy exclusive games...but that's because they have such a limited library to choose from, that they are desperately trying to be original. Take the new Metroid for Gamecube for example. I remember the old-school Metroid games back in the day...classic side-scrolling action. Super Metroid for the Super Nintendo had to be the coolest one thus far. Then I tried out the new Metroid Prime demo on the Cube and I was horrified. They made the whole game 3D, and it feels like nothing more than any other 1st person shooter. Absolutely horrendous. Had Nintendo made it a really cool looking side-scrolling game, much like classic Super Metroid, it would have been a larger hit, especially among us old-school players. And what in the world is up with that new Zelda game??? Cel-shading? For crying out loud, Link looks like a deformed little Keebler Elf! Something out of a stupid Saturday morning cartoon! What happened to the classic gameplay like Zelda: A Link to the Past for Super Nintendo? Instead you get 3D crap (Zelda for N64 sucked too, all because it went 3D), not to mention they turn it into a cartoon. I was hoping for a really serious Zelda game. Nintendo has totally gone nuts in my opinion. So much for "exclusive games". As for Xbox, yeah it's got a couple of exclusive games (I found Splinter Cell to be impressive)...but if you look at the game library, you'll find that a lot of the games are copied from the PS2 library. In order to increase sales, the Gamecube and the Xbox can't seem to push out enough original games, so they push out the same stuff that PS2 has, and then boasts something extra, like a multiplayer mode or an extra level. What garbage. It seems every time Sony and their system comes out with the newest, most innovative games, someone like Xbox has to swipe it from them, copy it, add something extra, and steal their spotlight. It just ain't right...

13. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    HA! HAHA! HAHAHAHAHAA!!!
    It seems every time Sony and their system comes out with the newest, most innovative games, someone like Xbox has to swipe it from them, copy it, add something extra, and steal their spotlight. It just ain't right...
    Let me try something...

It seems every time [Apple] and their system comes out with the newest, most innovative [hardware], someone like [Micro$oft (still xbox)] has to swipe it from them, copy it, add something extra, and steal their spotlight. It just ain't right...

Hey, I'll be... it works... Well, Reborn, your beef with the xbox has just linked you forever to the plight of Mac users everywhere.

Micro$oft must pay for anticompetitive actions and if they keep pissing off people like Sony. Eventually they'll lose. Problem is, Sony is outselling them, so what do they care.

-b-

14. jangoboy71

May 14, 2002
    its ok random, with my luck-if i didnt put it up there someone would yell at me cuz its not up there...so i had to make a choice of what i wanted to be blamed for

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, let me say this. Sony definitely has M$ beat at video game consoles. However, I really, really like my Gateway computer... and with a nice upgrade policy, I don't know that I'll ever buy a Mac if and when I upgrade. I personally don't have any problems with Macs (I was taught the computer on Macs in grade school and found them easy to use, but I have used IBMs and Gateways ever since high school and college), but when Gateway is cutting a deal like they are... I am not jumping out of the away to avoid purchasing a PC with Windows, as much as I dislike Bill Gates' ethics. If in the future Apple was making an upgrade deal similar to Gateway's, I'd probably consider it. However, PC gameplay has Mac gameplay outnumbered with its variety of games... and that might also be a factor in my decision. But I do agree that M$ is B.S.

16. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
  17. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I voted for X-Box, it has the best graffics/visuals/smoothness. Hey why isn't Sega up there? I still have my Sega with Sega CD and 32x with over 100 games.

18. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Sega who? Oh, that's right! They're the company that had all these systems that died faster than the Atari Jaguar (game geeks like me know how long that thing lasted), and thus had to resort into making games for its former competitor systems, all to make some dough. I find that absolutely hilarious...

19. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    My trusty PS-1 hasn't let me down yet! It's too bad there are hardly any games available anymore.

Does the memory card from a PS1 work on a PS2? I'd hate to have to play TPM all over again...and Jedi Power Battles (Tatooine was a pain)...I can't go through that again!!!

20. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    "Does the memory card from a PS1 work on a PS2?"

Heh, I get that question a lot at work. Well the answer is yes and no. Some people think that when you insert a PS1 card into a PS2, you can save PS2 games on a PS1 card. However, that won't work. But if you insert a PS1 card into the PS2 while playing a PS1 game in the PS2, then you'll have no problems uploading data from your card at all. So if you pop in TPM or Jedi Power Battles or whatnot, you won't lose anything...hope that helps.

21. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Since I only know what 1 of them are like I can't really decide. :(

All i know is the 99 NHL is great on PS1. :D :D :D :D

22. jangoboy71

May 14, 2002
    ah yes the glory days of ps1 and n64

23. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    They were good for their time...but you gotta move on. I already sold all my Ps1 and N64 games...they're obsolete. I recommend anyone who still owns them do the same and use the money to get a Ps2...good investment. Plus, there's better Star Wars games on Ps2...hehe.

24. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    No way am I selling my old systems. I still have my Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, and N64, and I still love them.

25. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    even tho I need the money, no I will not sell my old systems, ecept maybe the Nintendo 16 bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.