main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favorite TCW Season 1 Jedi?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Aug 2, 2009.

?

Favorite TCW Season 1 Jedi?

Poll closed Aug 7, 2009.
  1. Anakin Skywalker

13.6%
  2. Obi-Wan Kenobi

24.7%
  3. Ahsoka Tano

8.6%
  4. Yoda

4.9%
  5. Mace Windu

2.5%
  6. Kit Fisto

11.1%
  7. Plo Koon

9.9%
  8. Aayla Secura

8.6%
  9. Luminara Unduli

9.9%
  10. Nahdar Vebb

6.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I believe these are all the Jedi we see in Season 1 of The Clone Wars.

Who was your favorite Jedi?

As much as Obi-Wan is my favorite character in SW, I really love what they did with Plo Koon, so I'll get the jump on koonfan and vote for him.

Luminara Unduli was just behind.

Also, remember to look closely before choosing your poll option! It can be misleading!

2. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    1)Anakin Skywalker
    2)Obi-Wan Kenobi
    3)Plo Koon

3. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    It was a toss-up for me between Plo Koon and Luminara, but in the end I went with Luminara just because of the brilliant honourable samurai vs. anything-goes ninja dynamic she had with Ventress. Plus "Even with my vision clouded I recognise the fighting style of Count Dooku, but your form is amateurish...unrefined...sloppy." was one of the best lines of the season for me.

My Top Three:

A) Luminara
    B) Plo Koon
    C) Mace Windu (watched Liberty on Ryloth today, so am full of Winduey fanboyness)

4. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Thanks muchly for the shoutout, Garth. :D
    I also agree. My personal ranking is Plo Koon, Luminara and Kit Fisto in that order, though it's a close call between Luminara's composed portrayal and Kit Fisto's ownage win. Plo Koon wins by virtue of the fact that he fights in space without a space suit and wins. All those lines and 'development' are simply a nice little bonus. I am, of course, being sarcastic. XD
    Yeah, Luminara was well used to represent the ideal Jedi-Samurai (eat THAT, Rahm Kota!), with her character being serene, competent, skilled, but also somewhat rigid.
    As awesome as the others are, I think they might not have fit the role required completely. Aayla leans towards being an Anakin-type Jedi, and Kit Fisto is more of a wisecracking swashbuckler (PRINCESS BRIDE). Plo Koon, of course, is the Gandalf-Jedi, and Mace Windu is most-likely-to-have-Chuck-Norris-jokes-made-about-him. XD

And that line is probably the ultimate form of 'calm' smack talk. [face_laugh]

5. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Kit Fisto's accent, style and ownage of General Grievous in ep. 10 makes the choice easy for me. Always found Plo Koon a cool Jedi. Look forward to seeing Ki-Adi Mundi in season 2 and hopefully other councillors like Shaak Ti, Saessee Tiin, Agen Kolar, Oppo Rancisis and Stass Allie (or Adi Gallia, whoever of the two is on the council at this point).

1) Kit Fisto "You may have been a proud warrior once but now you're just a pawn in Dooku's game"
    2) Plo Koon "When you ask for trouble, trouble might find you"
    3] Mace Windu "I don't think so"

6. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Obi-Wan is my favorite character whether it's ROTS or CW you're talking about, so he definitely wins. Luminara comes in a close second, though, because it was nice to see more into a character that really hadn't been explored in the movies. I suppose you could say the same thing for Plo Koon and Kit Fisto, but Luminara has always intrigued me, and I thought that episode was an interesting look into her character.

7. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Sorry but Yoda kicked so much bottom in the first episode he blew the rest of the series' antics out of the water.:p

The light footed, diminuitive jedi master hopping from droid to droid, destroying three tanks in the process was a really fantastic sight. And then we have mischievous Yoda, almost having fun tricking droids into destroying each other. Also merciless Yoda.:eek: Killing poor droids running scared and brutally destroying the lieutenant even while he protests about his recent promotion. And I feel his pearls of wisdom while holed up in a cave made for a heart warming moment IMO.

8. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Gotta love Plo Koon.

9. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    That is a very good point. But I think I shall counter with something noob Plo Koon fanboys are liable to use in the future: CAN HE FIGHT IN SPACE? XD
    Naw, you have a good point. Although Plo Koon had the best character revelation for me, Ambush is still one of my favourite episodes, in that it has great action, unique settings, good humour, and varied characters. Plus, as you said, it's heartwarming to see Yoda teach the clones. Yoda certainly had one of the most well-rounded debuts this season. :D

I'm actually really happy that although the size of the role may have varied and some of them could have used some more time, just about every 'supporting' Jedi mentioned here had a great introduction and usage in the show. Anakin and Obi-Wan are awesome, of course, but it'll be nice to see Kenobi take centre-stage next season, at least for a major story. =D=

10. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Always digged Kit Fisto since I saw him for the first time in AotC, so it was really nice to see him in the spotlight for one :) So yeah, I'm gonna go with him. Wish his episode would have been a little better paced though >,<

Apart from that I enjoyed all of the Jedi, especially those who we got to see in in a major role for the first time ^^ Wish they would have gotten a little more time than they did.

11. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    All the Jedi were awesome for what they did in the season, but I gotta go with Obi-Wan.

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    The portrayal of Yoda in "Ambush" gave me great hope for the series - they really captured an ideal mix of the PT Yoda and the ESB Yoda.

Also, I love Mace Windu: "GET ME KENOBI!!" [face_laugh]

13. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    anakin simply because we finally get to see him as a hero

14. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Obi-Wan will always be the best of the Jedi. Yoda is my second choice, but he barley received any action in season one, with the exception of "Ambush". :p

15. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    ... I've never got why Plo-Koon has such a cult following. But I love it.

Regardless, I'd have to say Anakin is my favorite Jedi from S1. I'm not sure why exactly, but I really like that he actually has something of a spine for a change.

Funny that an actor from a shallow and vapid series like '90210' would be able to do Anakin justice.

16. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    He was hired onto the 90210 cast after he demonstrated his prowess as both the rapist in Heroes and Anakin Skywalker.:p He certainly would have made a great live action Anakin if he was around a few years back.

17. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I don't like how Matt Latner portrays Anakin that much. I miss the old Anakin, the Hayden Chistensen one, because that's how I came to know Anakin while watching the prequels.

18. blitztrooper

blitztrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2008
    I my favourite in S1 is Aayla. Episodes with her are pretty good, but I've also been her fan for quite awhile, in Clone Wars comic-books, plus I kinda liked the accent too.

Other than her, I liked Anakin, more than I thought I would at first. Show portryed him as a better person and more like I imagined him to be that other expanded universe I read. Even though he has his stubborn-annoying moments, mostly he's a darring and bold good guy made of more temper than other Jedi, listening to his gut and skipping a rule if it may be for the right thing. I thoguht that's pretty cool, and how Anakin should have really been portrayed throughout Prequels and prequel-EU.

19. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Obi-Wan has most votes so far?.. Not that I hate him, but I don't like how he's often being portrayed in the show. I think the writers are going overboard with the whole 'smug know-it-all who's never surprised by anything' characterization of him. "Oh, another day saving the galaxy.. How droll."

20. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    Obi-Wan. OK, he's my overall favorite character of the Star Wars saga, but I really like Obi-Wan in TCW. It looks like we might see a lot more of him in season 2. [face_dancing]

21. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I loved Obi-Wan in the PT, but he hasn't been too interesting in TCW. I can't quite put my finger on it...I like Taylor's vocal rendition, and the writing has been fair. But I guess nothing can match Ewan's charm.

I like Anakin's portrayal, and he has had more cool action moments than I can count. But it seems kind of unfair to have the main character of the series pitted against the single-episode characters.

So I will go with Luminara. I don't follow the comics, so I never knew what she was like. And truthfully, I never cared for her look, so I never even thought about what kind of jedi she would be. But she was fantastic in Cloak of Darkness. Cool fighting, good dialogue, great vocal performance. I'd love to see her given an expanded role--she was a very promising character.

I liked Plo Koon a lot too, but I was expecting more. Since it's pointed out so often that Filoni is a Plo Koon fan, I would have expected more face time. But he really hasn't had any memorable appearances since the first Malevolence episode. But he's just a cool looking character, so it's hard not to like him--even though he doesn't do much. (Boba Fett syndrome.)

Ki-Adi-Mundi was always my favorite background jedi from the PT. I was thrilled to see him in the season 2 trailer. They seem to have nailed his look/mannerisms.

22. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Gotta go with Obi-Wan here, and I'm looking forward to his role in Season Two.

Also gotta give some love to his interplay with Anakin in this series.

23. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    1) Luminara
    2) Plo Koon
    3) Aayla Secura

Luminara and Plo are very close and are in similar situations. They are both background Jedi who never really got development in either the movies or any of the EU I've read, so they were entirely unknown quantities and I was basically getting to know new characters.

I had never understood why Plo had that cult following. Since he had never even spoken a word, much less done anything I wasn't interested in him at all before. But after Rising Malevolence I adore him! I look forward to seeing more of him in season 2. Luminara is a similar story. I never much liked her look and wasn't that interested in her, but her characterization in Cloak of Darkness blew me away. Aayla on the other hand I was already a bog fan of, and I really enjoyed her appearances. In fact those are my two favorite episodes so far. However, I don't think she got the central focus of an episode that both Luminara and Plo got, so I feel that they were able to get more impressive characterization than her. Plo had Rising Malevolence which was really all about him and the clones, while Cloak of Darkness was really all about the relationship between Luminara and Ahsoka. Jedi Crash was about Anakin and the danger he was in, while Defenders of Peace was more plot focused. So Aayla never got the spotlight to shine in, but she was still great. I loved the nod to Quin, and her rescuing Bly.

24. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I don't know, I thought Aayla had as much scene time as Plo or Luminara, and keep in mind she did have 2 episodes to Luminara's single appearance.

I've really enjoyed ALL the Jedi performances, to tell you the truth.

We have a thread on "TCW Anakin>PT Anakin", and I have to agree with that. I really like Matt Lanter's performance, and the writing is simply better for Anakin.

While I agree that Obi-Wan seemed a little off in the first half of the season, from Trespass or Blue Shadow on, I thought they nailed him. He was great in Innocents of Ryloth as well. :cool:

25. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    Obi-Wan, hands down. He's my favorite character, period. Movies, books, TV, lunch boxes, street signs, coloring books, whatever. If he's on it, he's my favorite. ;)

Anakin, in the films, is one of my favorites too, but I just haven't been able to get into him on this show. He just doesn't feel like Anakin to me. All the snark about his acting aside, when I think Anakin, I think Hayden Christensen because I just loved the way Hayden played him. Matt Lanter is cool, but he's not Anakin to me. It feels like when the new Becky showed up on Roseanne. She was supposed to be Becky, but it just didn't seem right.

The Obi-Wan on this show isn't exactly like the one from the prequels or the OT, but the characterization is close enough for him to be enjoyable. The Anakin on TCW is so completely different from the films that it kind of threw me. I hope season two changes that, but I doubt it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.