Victoria. BC Favorite Toy

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Gesh_Bomil, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hello everyone! For those who know me and been to my place, i have a lot of toy's. I was wondering what everyone's favorite toy was (SW and non-SW) and what their current SW and non-SW toy is?

Mine: old SW: Sears's cardboard Death Star set. I used to play with that thing for hours and hours with my GI Joe and SW dudes.

old Non-SW: Big Jim. He was a 9 inch figure that had tons of action outfits you could get. The one i had was the "espionage" version and he went well with all my Meglo superhero's (batman, spiderman, superman, ironman and wonder woman...loved that wonderwoman).

New SW: 12 inch Jar Jar. Even though i disagreed with the character, the big jarJar rocks! He's superposable, very ninjalike and lots of fun (you'd be amazed at the poses you can put him in).

New Non-SW: It's probably anything in the 12 inch Dragon line. Dragon is a cpompany out of Hong Kong that makes accurate and very posably figures. WW2, modern army and police...everything. I currently have a Jackie Chan doll dressed in Jedi cloths that's tres cool!.

So what are your favorites?

Gesh
  2. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I have a old beat up 12" Boba Fett figure that I like. It has been better days but it
    survived my childhood !!!
  3. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Lego

I have kept all my lego from when I was 4. I still pull the box out and build now and then.

Today I'm spending money again on Star Wars Lego. My 2 favorite things all in one box.
  4. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    You have to open the Lego Chris and set it free :)
  5. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Lego is the only SW toy that the "Toy Liberation Front" is allowed to open. Everything else stays in the box.
  6. Woofer Jedi Padawan

star 4
  7. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    Lol, anyways...

My favorite new toy would have to be my Darth Vader Lightsaber. I was just wacking my girl friend with it an hour ago ;)

My fav old toy would be my 12" Vader. Its pretty beat up, but i got it for really cheap, and hes my only vintage 12" guy :)
  8. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Victory Base's mascot is my original Rancor toy, with the mouth that moves. He's our Party Animal, we can hang cigs in his mouth (or Lego stormtroopers...) and his claws hold a martini glass perfectly. :)

Unfortunately, his leg occasionally falls off, and the plastic is discoloured in places, with most of the paint flaking off the teeth.

My other fave SW toy is my son's Lego Slave I. Way cool toy, that!

Lightsabres will be coming soon...

Still can't visit the Toys forum without giggling every time I read "12-inch Obi-Wan"... :p

*Derisa*

9. Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Sorry everybody but i'm a proud member of the TLF too. I wholeheartedly believe that all toys are made to be played with. The only ones i haven't opened are the Playmates Star Trek figures. I bought those as an experiment in "collecting" and "investing". I still have them in their packages in storage but so far they've turned zilco in profit. Plus my wife adores it when i'm playing with my toys and she sneaks up behind me and watches.

Having said that, if i had the cash i would do both worlds and buy two of everything. One to play and one to collect. Alas...

LEGO has been a favorite of mine too. I remember making Starwars ships before the new batch of specialty SW LEGO came out. I've bought and been given some but the cost when compared to Action Fleet and the toys are too prohibitive for me to do everything. It's those darn pre-fab pieces that jack up the cost-per-part ratio in LEGO sets. If i only had the cash...

Actually, here's another question to ask everyone. If you had the money to get any toy, past or present, what would you get?

Gesh
  10. TR0773 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Old my GI Joe collection! I still have the first 3 years of action figures. They have been put away do to the overwhelming collection of BattleTech and Mech Warrior collection that dominates my game room. My most favorite has to be my Stormtrooper Armor, I don't get to wear it nearly enough and the helmet sat in my front Window for 3 or 4 years when I live in Esquimalt and acted as a buoy for friends trying to find my apartment.
  11. Darth_Haggis Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'd have to say for the old toys there would be a tie between my AT-AT, and others. Any Star Wars toy over a foot and a half has to be good... Too bad it lost its chin gun during its life. That and a tie between my Max Rebo band and Rancor. Non-Star Wars would be the 6" Wile E. Coyote I got from my dad.

For new toys, I would have to say the 3.5" line from Phantom Menace. Particularly the alien races. New non-Star wars... I couldn't honestly say!
  13. Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Speaking of big toys...FAO Schwartz (use the schwatz Luke) is selling the Tiberium Shuttle for 3 3/4 " figs. The closest one to Victoria is in Seattle. I've heard rumors that its going for $20 US (old stock) but can't be sure. Anyone confirm or deny. If so and someone goes down...pick one up for me and i'll re-emburse.

So the questions are now...
    1. Favorite old and new SW toy
    2. Favorite old and new non-SW toy.
    3. If i could have any SW toy, what would it be...and
    4. Favorite big SW toy.

Gesh
  14. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll email a friend of mine down in the States and see if he'd be willing to pick that up for you, Gesh. There's a few folks coming up for Daffodil, so transporting it shouldn't be too hard either. :)

Vills, you already posted here! You can ignore my question in the newbie thread, then! :) You have a Rancor too! Very cool. We can do some kind of groovy SW figs fanfilm... Rancors in Love or something. :)

1. Favorite old and new SW toy

My Rancor, and my Shaak Ti fig. The new, combat ready lightsabres. :)

2. Favorite old and new non-SW toy.

I like Lego and K'Nex. :) Plasticine is pretty fun, too. :)

3. If I could have any SW toy, what would it be

X-Wings! A whole squadron to fly around and attack my paper lamp/Death Star! :D And that way cool, collector's edition LEGO X-Wing, with oer a thousand pieces... (drool...)

4. Favorite big SW toy.
    The Millenium Falcon! The *big* one! My sister had one at one time. So very grooving!

*Derisa*
  15. Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well, I dont' really have any old star wars toys...but I LOVE my Lightsabres! I have a pair and I consider them to be my "combat pair" since one's an Anikin and one's a Dooku.

Toys I'd love to have:

A combat-ready MACE LIGHTSABRE! there has to be one somewhere! Purple! it's not just for breakfast anymore!
  16. Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well, I've already posted but those two new questions have to be answered...

I would have to say that having the Death Star model would be the ultimate Star Wars biggie for me. Or maybe the Ewok village? My brother's friend was the coolest guy in my eyes because he had that in elementary school!

I'd have to say my favourite big toy is either an AT-ST or an AT-AT. They just have such great attitude... :p

- Vills
  17. _Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master

star 4
    "Purple! It's not just for breakfast anymore!"

You kill me, Sionnach! :D

Well, Vills, I read that list o'toys... holy kamole! Please tell me they're out of the packaging and you play with them...? P-p-p-please? (Because that means we can play with them together! :) )

*Derisa*
  18. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Hi Gesh,

The Shuttle Tyderium that you are talking about is $125 US. I got one about a month ago. I doubt that they would be selling for
    $20 US as they are in short supply and only
    5000 were made. If they are selling for $20
    then get someone to pick one up for you man asap :)

To answer your questionare:

1. Favorite old SW toys

Death Star Play station and the Falcon.

and new SW toy

Gunship

2. Favorite old non-SW toy.

Micronauts Battleship( I cannot remember
    the actual name of it )

New non-SW toy.

Star Trek Voyager ship

3. If i could have any SW toy, what would it be...

12" Luke on speederbike

and

12" trooper on speederbike

( I missed buying them both but will get them
    one of these days )

4. Favorite big SW toy.

Queens starship

19. Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yes, my toys are free. FREEEEEEEEEE. :) Though I do steer the neighbourhood kiddies away from playing with the old ones. That's just asking for it...

And there's always play time in my time. You know how to reach me!

- Vills
  20. Gesh_Bomil Jedi Youngling

star 1
    <Crazymike>The Shuttle Tyderium that you are talking about is $125 US. I got one about a month ago. I doubt that they would be selling for $20 US as they are in short supply and only 5000 were made. If they are selling for $20 then get someone to pick one up for you man asap.

I'll have to check that post on a website i saw...darnit. Where is that website? Ah well. $125 US is a lot to pay and if i see it and have the cash, i'll get it. Won't bust my back though.

Who in Canada sells the Republic Gunship? Everybody or is it an exclusive?

I remember the Micronaughts fondly. I had some of the mutant micronaughts with the glow in the dark brains and changable arms and wings and stuff. Apparently the micronaught toys are coming back. Any leads anyone?

I've got the Queens starship too and it is tres cool. Sounds and all and quite interactive.

Free toys are my motto. I bought a Darth maul on a speeeder bike when the $50 single pack Mauls were out. I couldn't understand the price when for less than half you could get a more movable Maul AND a speeder bike. Which brings me to another question...

What is the most you spent for a SW toy and what SW toy did you overspend on (later could have paid much less)?

For me it would be the Queens starship at $80 Canadian. The one i most overpaid would be all the episode one figures and acsessory packs. Starting price, 8 to 10 bucks. Wall-Mart (evil trade-federation) price after the movie is over and done...2 bucks. Ah well, i beefed up my droid army and you won't beleive how many of my guys can be Sith with the Sith acsessory packs i got.

Keep the comments coming!

Gesh
  21. Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling

star 1
    In response to your question Gesh, I think that the most I have ever paid for a toy was the $140 I paid for my AT-AT... But well worth it, for all of its Imperial death machine goodness. :p

The most over paid thing I got would have to be a "rare" Darth Maul, but considering I got both my AT-AT from private collectors I can't really complain. What WAS really galling was seeing it for a paltry $12 afterwards at Yellowjacket. *sigh*

- Vills
  22. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Gesh, I did pay $150 for a AWing...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.