main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

favorite understated musical moments in the saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by RurouniKJS, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lutgerous

Darth-Lutgerous Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    I think when the Rebels arrive at the second Death Star for the space battle in Return of the Jedi is a great and understated musical moment. The music is light and really sets the mood for the battle.

You can hear it on track 5 (towards the end) of the second disk of Return of the Jedi called Battle of Endor I and you can hear it on the Bonus Materials Original Trilogy DVD when you click on documentaries.

2. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
  3. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    Ok, I have far too many to sum up in one post. Here's just one understated moment that I adore:

In the cue "Approaching the Death Star" I love how the music plays so softly. In contrast to the previous openings, the music is very eery, and then re-organises itself into a light milataristic march, softly stating Vader's theme, and reverting back to the eery string passages. Then Vader's theme is restated in its full form, before we move on to "Tatooine Rendezvous". This cue is also great. I love the soft woodwind and string statements of Jabba's theme. It deviates from the usual Tuba statement, and sounds much more mysterious and eery as a result.

4. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    Ok, here's another. Toward the end of "Alliance Assembly" the wonderful chord progression returns with light snare drums. In my opinion this is one of the "happiest" cues in the saga. It really lifts the mood of the scene and provides hope for the upcoming battle.

5. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    The Imperial March in Anakin's Theme in EpI; that was cute.

6. pahket

pahket Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2001
    I enjoy the hint of theremin in the opening few bars of Shuttle Tydirium Approaches Endor, ROTJ (under the establishing shot of the DSII's North Tower). It really puts that portion of the piece particularly on edge, what with the dancing flute figure behind it. Very otherworldly and ethereal-sounding.

7. thebinarysunset

thebinarysunset Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2006
    One of my favortie musical moments in AOTC (which I can't locate anywhere in the soundtrack, sadly), is when the ship takes off on Coruscant, after Anakin says to Obi-wan that he "hasn't been appriciative enough of [his] teachings". It's basically only a two second clip, but I still love the theme.

Also, the music that is played at the end of "Palpatine's Teachings" in the ROTS soundtrack, and also on Kamino in AOTC.

Finally, the begining of "Anakin's Betrayal" played during the Order 66 scene always makes me tear-up, because it is extremely sad and passionate. All I can think of is the whole Order 66 montage with Ki-Adi-Mundi, Aayla Secura, and others being killed when listening to it, which "breaks my heart", in a manner of speaking.

8. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    One that I just picked up on was from ESB, during the whole Bespin landing sequence piece. When the music is leading up to Lando's appearance, there is a SLIGHT play on the "Imperial March" near the end of the actual piece. It's not overt, but you can just grab little snatches of it, giving you the hint that something's not quite right about this place. Kinda nifty, in my opinion.

9. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I love the music playing during the scene when Palpatine tells Anakin that he'll be on the Jedi Council. Extremely dark and foreboding. I can't exactly remember it now, though.

10. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006
    one of the romantic moments, in ROTS, the song begins when the camera zooms in on padme's place, where anakin and padme are, and she is brushing that hair of hers....

that is one of the Across the Stars related songs. This might not count, but in star wars battlefront 2, there is another across the stars type of song when the mode is galactic conquest, and there are planets all over.

11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    In TPM, when Padme is about to call for a vote of no-confidence in Valorum. Nice...well, something there.

12. nisomer

nisomer Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2004
    i love the force theme right at the begining of ep3

13. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I love every second of star wars music. There isn't one single bad one.

14. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    There are too many "small audio treats" to count. The climax of the ROTJ battle scene where the Force theme plays....fantastic.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Youngling scene in ROTS, the beginning of the Anakin's dark deeds.

16. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I'd agree with you about "Anakin's Dark Deeds" if it weren't for the glaring similarities to the beginning of "The Treason of Isengard" from FOTR.

17. acmilanboy

acmilanboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2005
    Episode I-When Anakin destroys the Trade Federation flagship and escapes while the other Naboo pilots are celebrating:

There are definitely a couple bars of OT music there.

It's not on the original, "canonical" EpI soundtrack, but the two-disc "ulimate edtion" soundtrack (blue casing; I think I picked up a copy at Barnes/Noble)

18. Sinnion

Sinnion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2006
    This is not in the "movie" movie, but as the credits scroll to an end in ESB, it gives me goosebumps.

Favorite little section of music ever.

I suggest you hear it if you haven't its great.

19. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I'm assuming you're referring to the very end of the credits. The same musical cue that was used at the end of the two tpm trailers. It's too bad it wasn't reused for the aotc and rots trailers as well.

20. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    It's a rendition of the Force Theme.

21. victorx92

victorx92 Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2006
    My favorite music moment in the saga is the Battle of Yavin.

The Battle of Yavin has the Rebel Fanfare and the Force Theme playing in some parts of it. That is what makes it interesting. It also represents that the Rebels are fighting the Empire over the Death Star.

22. abadfeelingaboutthis

abadfeelingaboutthis Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2003
    Empire has the best "End Credits" ending though TPM and AOTC aren't far behind. I was dissapointed that ROTS used pretty much the "standard" one from Ep IV and VI and was not more inventive like theother Prequel outros or as awesome as Empire's.

23. abadfeelingaboutthis

Oct 3, 2003
    Hell yes. Dont know if its subtle but the militaristic Force Theme tells you everything you need to know - "Jedis at War" is basically what it screams at you.
    hh

24. abadfeelingaboutthis

Oct 3, 2003
    My favourite musical cue in any movie is The Rebels Escape Again (can't remember what its called on the SE soundracks - something similar). The music is tense and frantic and keeps cutting back to the Imperial March as we see Vader and troopers closing in on the Falcon. Then just as Leia is giving Han grief about the Falcon not working and he turns and holds up his finger to tell her to shutup - the music goes through this series of changes, not quite modulations, before settling into this more optimistic tone that is a perfect backdrop for the Han Solo and the Princess theme that then begins to play over it. The interplay of music and action as this theme plays as Han flips a circuit, fades away as the circuit dies and comes back when he hits it again is just awesome. The continuous duel between Vaders theme and this love theme as the Imperials close in and they finally escape - brilliant.
    hh

25. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006
    In the beginning of the movies, the musical moment starts at the end of every crawl when all the words are scrolled up and are disappearing. It's in outer space and the camera pans down. I love it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.