main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Favorite Yoda line or moment in the PT?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Jun 19, 2015.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Or a theater employee saying: "if into the kid's movie theater you go to clean, only spilled popcorn will you find." :p

My favorite Yoda line from the PT: "Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing. How embarrassing."

2. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    My favorite Yoda line in the PT is:

[​IMG]

It isn't just classic, but it tells the truth about a lot of things happening in our real world. For example, what has always been the main origins of wars? Fear! Fear of a group of people, fear towards other groups, nations, etc... And ultimately that fear leads to propaganda which feeds the anger and the hate during war time. But as many should know, war isn't at all a good thing and it leads to a lot of suffering and loss.

And as a bonus, I've found this other picture:

[​IMG]

3. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    "Gravity's silhouette remains, but all the stars and planets disappear they have. How can this be? A thought? Anyone?"
    "Truly wonderful the mind of a child is. Hmmmm"

[​IMG]

Love this Yoda. So affectionate yet respecting these little Jedi padawan's in their "wise", uncluttered, yet innocent minds. I almost cry watching this scene, especially after what happens in ROTS and wise versa too. To think Anakin was merely a child in TPM when brought into the Jedi fold. Innocence dies in both circumstances. Tragic. :(

MJ

4. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    Favourite line:
    "Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is"

MarcJordan likes this.
  5. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    I much prefer Wise Teacher Yoda to Kickass Warrior Yoda in general, even in the PT. Though his little contretemps with the new Emperor is gold as well. "Why leave?" indeed... I also have a fondness for the way he puts Qui-Gonn in his place in TPM as well:

Qui-Gonn: I don't presume...
    Yoda: But you do! Revealed, your opinion is.

I mean, QG is one of my faves. But Yoda making it abundantly clear you don't fool him that easily was great.

6. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    "You must train yourself to let go of all you fear to lose."

I don't think there's anything wiser than that....besides almost everything Master Yoda says in the OT.

Alienware, MarcJordan and mes520 like this.
  7. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    There are way too many wonderful moments with Yoda in the Prequels. I agree with the lost planet scene, and Yoda confronting Dooku and Sidious. And just about any scene between Yoda and Obi-Wan. Yoda really cared for Kenobi and it was nice to see that.

8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I like this scene. This scene always reminded me of the Yoda we were originally introduced to, when first seeing ESB. (Not in theatres for me, but later.)

My favorite line however is this:

"Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not, miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy-the shadow of greed, that is.......Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose..."

It has resonated with me in conjunction with my beliefs, and has helped reinforce how I've always felt about embracing loss/change.

9. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Line: A prophecy misread, could have been.

Moment: When he dispatches Palpatine's guards.

10. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Pretty much everything. I know many people prefer the wiser Yoda in TESB, but I'm glad he has his flaws and that Lucas gave him an arc. "Wars do not make one great" makes more sense now after the Clone Wars and Order 66

Seagoat likes this.
  11. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    "Lost a planet Obi-Wan has. How Embarrassing"

Yoda's just so sweet in that scene.

Dagobahsystem likes this.