main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Favourite Bounty Hunter from TESB

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Mar 14, 2013.

?

Who was your favourite Bounty Hunter from TESB?

1. Boba Fett

56 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Bossk

28 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. IG-88

22 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Zuckuss

6 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. 4-LOM

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. Dengar

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    I personally don't have any favorites out of the bunch. They didn't really do anything in the movies to warrant a favorite out of the bunch. Fett I could care less about. I am tired of this guys reputation as a badass of the galaxy. His death scene is what ruined his character in the series. In AOTC he was just a kid. So I have no qualms with that. And he was barely in the film all that much. But guess what, Boba was a kid at one point, so I never understood how that was the reason he was ruined? Here is another thought to ponder. Sidious, Vader, Luke, Han, Obi Wan etc. all wore pampaers one time in there life! Does that fact ruin the "badassery"?

2. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    My favorite is the one who stood around and did nothing...oh, wait that's all of them...

Darth__Lobot, Sarge and Andy Wylde like this.
  3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    It's gotta be Bossk. He's just to cool. I hope he gets a spin-off.

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    Think my 1st choice is pretty obvious.

My 2nd would be IG88. I always remember being somewhat (honestly) freaked out by the boss battle in the "Shadows of the Empire" game on N64/PC. To my knowledge, the only time you could ever face one of the 4. IG88B was in ESB, the one in the game was IG88D, if i'm right...

The thought of having an cold, calculating heap of metal hunting you is close to what the terminator movies brought to the table. There's something scary about him. And he looks armed to the teeth as much as Boba is. Add to that his design, he's very tall... You can't recognize any face in it. It's as alien as the "sentinels" from the Matrix movies.

Speaking of this group, "tales of the bounty hunters" is a good read if you're looking for some backstory on these guys. Although 1 of these "biographies" by todays standards is quite outdated.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  5. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    First has to be Boba Fett.

But, when I was a kid, I thought IG-88 was soooooooo cool looking. I would have loved to see him in an action scene.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  6. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    Boba Fett destroyed IG-88 B in Tales of the Bounty Hunters.

7. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    This could have made for a nice scene in ESB, watching Boba take out some of the competition in a nonchalant manner. Although i expect some to have said that it would've disrupted the flow of the movie and feeling out of place. For now with only this picture, we can assume it was his handywork. Especially now that "TOTBH" is a Legends book... But it still offers the most logical explanation.

Now that i look at it... His body/prop in Cloud City is a little white in comparison, though.

[​IMG]

8. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    All of them but I would like to know more about Zuckuss.

9. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    Perhaps, the concussion grenades stripped the armor of its metallic color.

10. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Weirdly it was Dengar. To this day I don't know why but he just looked pretty cool for the very brief time he had. Bossk also got points for his reaction to the 'we don't need these scum' line.

11. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    Res Luk Ra'auf.
    ~Bossk.

12. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Really hope we see these guys-ALL these guys in a spinoff someday. Boba Fett is my favorite and the man but i like them all...so whos-the-Bossk for you?

GregMcP likes this.
  13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Gotta love the walking spark plug.
    I love his orgin story, those his end story is pretty lame.

He has to be in an Anthology movie. It is compulsory.

14. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Well Boba Fett's on the list so he pretty much has to win. But I guess he'd be closely followed by Bossk for me.

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. RobertoMiles

RobertoMiles Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2020
    I'd have to go with Bossk. Visually striking and as a small child watching ESB--he looked the coolest lol. Never been a Boba fan (don't get the hype). I also really dig the look and cold demeanor of IG-8. Having that skinny evil looking droid hunting you would be terrifying https://showbox.bio/ https://tutuapp.uno/....

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Gotta be Boba Fett because he actually had dialogue and a few things to do (but mostly just walked around). Bossk and IG-88 would be next.

17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    IG-88 would've been great if there had been the technology to make it work back then, it makes me want to see what happened when Boba ambushed him in Cloud City. Similar, Bossk's suit had limitations, the lack of dexterity with the prosthetic arms meant he couldn't even hold his gun. Such a shame but then the Tales of Bounty Hunters really made them three dimensional and gave them characters.

18. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005
    Boba Fett had the biggest role of course so he should win the poll.
    That said Bossk kinda scared me as a kid. So of the bounty hunters with smaller roles I'd go Bossk.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  19. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Anybody else grow up in the '80s thinking the droid was Zuckuss and the alien was 4-LOM?

Django Fett and CampOfSorgan like this.
  20. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    IG-88 had me at hello.

Subtext Mining likes this.
  21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Useless toy company huh?

Subtext Mining likes this.
  22. The Quintessential Jedi

The Quintessential Jedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2022
    Only really liked Boba or Jango from the PT.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  23. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Boba because he’s the only relevant one in the film and ROTJ

24. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    We pretty much all did no thanks to the incorrect name put on the Kenner card back. It does make sense as 4-LOM is a droids name.
    I'll never forget one of my first auctions won on Ebay was for a large vintage figure lot with Boba Fett only the creep kept Boba. Can't say I blame him.