main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT favourite classic trilogy movie

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jamack123, Apr 20, 2017.

?

favourite classic trilogy film

Poll closed Apr 27, 2017.
  1. new hope

33.3%
  2. empire strikes back

48.1%
  3. the return of the jedi

18.5%
  1. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    The Empire Strikes Back with Star Wars and Return Of The Jedi following very close in joint second.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  2. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Definitely ANH. I could name tons of reasons but they have all been said already in different threads. I guess for me it's just THE original and ultimate Star Wars. While the other 5 (sorry, TFA does not count and I haven't seen R1 yet) are good in their own way they don't have the same feeling of a classic as the original does. Unlike what is said in some criticisms I never found anything "boring" in it. Even as a kid of 12 I even liked the scenes where the two droids just walk through the desert or the conversation in the garage or the trash compactor. Every second in the movie to me was simply pure SW, action or not. I never found anything boring in it at all, which happens to be the case with the other SW movies. But then again I'm the kind of person who doesn't need nonstop action and explosions to enjoy a movie. I can watch every single extended cut of the LOTR movies and never once feel bored. I appreciate the details, sets, actors' performances etc. even though nothing much "happens". I never felt any scene in ANH even a second too long or unnecessary (I'm not referring to the updates but the original movie). A little off-topic, but I even prefer some movies where nothing happens (like the "Before...." trilogy) to all those shallow special FX fests like Transformers, the Emmerich disaster movies (BORING!) or super hero movies viewers seem to enjoy so much in recent years. To me ANH has the perfect balance between action and "quiet" moments. In fact all the SW movies have that balance, but ANH happens to be my favorite OT one. While both ESB and ROTJ do have scenes I don't like so much I frankly can't think of any in ANH.

Sarge likes this.
  3. Ullianos

Ullianos Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    Easily Return of the Jedi. It has everything you need in a Star Wars movie from humorous light-hearted whimsical adventure down to serious dark drama. And yes the film had that. Yoda's death and Obi-wan's talk with Luke were great. The Emperor's throne scenes were some of the most intense **** in Star Wars for me and the Emperor's death scene I remember how much on the edge of my seat I was as a kid and how terrifying it was. And it just made Vader's redemption all the more sweeter and cathartic. Not just part of my favorite movie, but my favorite Star Wars scene ever. I love when the last film in a series can give a really great and satisfying ending if the previous films were already pretty good.

themoth and Sarge like this.
  4. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    It just occurred to me that I misspelled "shifts" by omitting the "F" and that resulted in a starred out word. Whoops. Speaking of shifts, right now I'm feeling ANH more, so... yeah.

5. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    ESB is the best of the OT.

6. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017

Hi new poster Chris here. Empire is my favorite movie of all time. :)

7. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    The Empire Strikes Back

It's the perfect movie and the greatest Star Wars film IMO.

It has the best story, best acting, best special effects, best cinematography, best music and generally just the best of everything.

Master_Rebado and christophero30 like this.
  8. Frisco

Frisco Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 21, 2019
    A New Hope

[​IMG]
    I want his robot and his car! Why aren't these on the road in real life, now?!

9. C.Roach

C.Roach Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (1980) / STAR WARS (1977).

10. Smellmet

Smellmet Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 16, 2017
    I've introduced my 3 year old daughter to Star Wars recently and she seemed to love ANH, obviously she doesn't fully understand it yet but it seemed to hold her attention more than most things we have on TV, which I'm buzzing off.

Anyway this means I've sat through ANH 4 times this last week. Damn I'm having a hard time not placing it at the top of my rankings. There's just something so special, so magical about it. It has an almost fairytale quality to it, which I'm sure is what my daughter is latching on to. It's the definition of an all time classic movie.

Sarge and Sith Lord 2015 like this.
  11. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    Star Wars. Proper Star Wars, with Snaggletooth, Walrus man, Hammerhead...

12. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    A New Hope - I would say it is my favourite film of all.

christophero30 likes this.
  13. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    ROTJ it was the first SW movie I ever saw and it did blow me away.

14. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I would say TESB or ROTJ. As a kid, ROTJ was my favorite. As an adult, I would say TESB. R1 is either tied with ROTJ or second for me.

15. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    Sorry, but what is RO?

Anyway, my favorite is TESB, though ANH is neck and neck with it.

16. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Rogue One... [face_plain]

sith_rhino likes this.
  17. BlackRanger

BlackRanger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    Ro is a Bajoran ensign on the Enterprise-D.

Wait, wrong series.

18. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Empire then A New Hope.

19. Iefan

Iefan Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2013
    Return of a Jedi, then probably a tie between ANH and ESB.

20. sith_rhino

sith_rhino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 9, 2007
    Ah, got it. Thanks.

21. skyabovethesky

skyabovethesky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2019
    Episode V on so many levels