main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Favourite Episode II Scenes

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by damolay, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    There are numerous scenes of visual delight, so this is where you put your favourite. Just detail why you like it, spcifically.

I'll kick it off with one of my favs:

Anakin losing the plot in the tusken camp, the combination of music, the early sunrise lighting then that quintessential sound of the lightsaber going up. Wam bam, deals with two of them, then off with his head. TOo bad we didnt get to see him slaughter them all.

I reckon that was probably the darkest scene of the film.

THe music is times perfectly for it, I just love hearing it on teh soundtrack. It should be called 'Anakin freaks out' instead of 'The Tusken Camp and The Homestead'.

Lets keep this thread going, it has great potential. If it spent as much time on its saber training as it did on its quick wit it would rival master yoda.

2. I_LUV_TWiLEK_GIRLS

I_LUV_TWiLEK_GIRLS Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    All the Tatooine scenes are amazing!..
    My fav is Anakin's confession to Padme, he is so Darth Vader!...it's gotta be one of my fav scenes in all the episodes.

Also when he's carrying his mother's body, the music, the look on his face....amazing!

3. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    the bit at the start when the ship blew up and the r2 unit fell off the platform lmao

4. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    My favorite part of AotC is just after the 20th Century Fox logo appears and just before the screen goes blank after the credits.....

Loved it!! Nuff said.

5. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    anyone else notice anakins shadow before he goes off to dust some tusken raiders? I reckon it looks a lot like darth Vader.

6. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    My favourite bit is when Anakin and Padme are on that balcony at the lake retreat, and the scenery is like paradise, and Padme is looking beautiful and Anakin is looking cute, and they're staring at each other ... and still staring ... and still staring, and Anakin leans in to kiss her.
    Then it cuts to a wide shot, and they look like a couple off the cover of a 'mills and boon', and the orchestra starts playing the love theme .... then she says 'no' and everything just dies!! I love that moment.

My other fav moment is when they're going into the arena, and they have a good smooch.

Oh yes, and the wedding!

Anyone seeing a pattern here? :)

7. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    Yup, kitt you are badly in need of a love life of your own!

Anyways, I loved the yoda fight scene!! If I've said it once I'll say it again, Yoda Rocks!!

8. damolay

Apr 6, 2002
    yes I do believe that scene in the desert before Anakin speeds off is where we see the shadow of the Darth Vader Helmet, or so it seems.

Another of my favourites is when Dooku gets all like 'Yo, Obi, U aint got jack on me, I'm gonna kick yo ass' & Obi is like 'I dont fink so old fart'.

Classic.

9. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Yup, kitt you are badly in need of a love life of your own!

Hey, I have a love life. Me and my ep 2 Anakin action figure are just fine, thank you very much ;)

Did I mention that scene where they hug before Anakin goes off to find his mother?

10. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    the seen when dooku was talking to obi wan in the enrgy shakel things was frigtnily like the lord of the rings cene when sauramen was talking to the captured gandalf

11. Star_Man

Star_Man Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2002
    "It is obvious that this contest will not be decided by our knowledge of the force - vooooooom - but by our skills with a lightsaber."

Need I say more?

12. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Hey, I have a love life. Me and my ep 2 Anakin action figure are just fine, thank you very much

/\ dodgy?

:p ;) :D

Chansplace looks normal without his blue name.

13. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Kitt: LOL! [face_laugh]

I thought the scene with Padmé in the leather outfit was ... [face_plain] The ones you mentioned are better. :) Love the look Anakin gave her after she said. "it makes me unconfortable." :D

My fav scene... when all the jedi lights up their lightsabers in the arena! :D And you get to see the jedi extras close-up. Barriss is :cool:

14. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    In TPM rumours say there is one scene with no CG at all! I think it goes the same for AOTC too.

As Enapie said the other day - the scene with Ani and Padme in the fire room with the tight black leather outfit.

although one or two "shots" from Tatooine could have no CG (but I'm not suire about whole scenes.

//never found the scene from TPM//

15. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    Even that scene in AOTC probably had some kind of CGI in there. There was actually only one shot in TPM that didn't have some kind of CGI, and that was when the gas came out of the vents on the Trade Federation ship at the beginning. According to the TPM DVD, anyway.

16. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    AOTC looks better than TPM as a whole--it's still heavily CG-ed but at least it doesn't look quite as fake as TPM.

17. BranchuZ

BranchuZ Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    My frav scene is where Ani goes off after those Tusken raiders on his bike with the backdrop of the sunset.. looked so such a menace with the music in the background.

Another very good scene was all those light sabres in the arena waving around.. never have I seen so much neon :)

Hey Cen, this is Jacky, finally registered :D

18. damolay

Apr 6, 2002
    Another 2 favourites of mine.

Firstly when Obi Wan's Starfighter jumps out of hyperspace with that cool ring thing & then detaches from it. Then the camera pans to behind the ship & we see a shot of Kamino.

Also, the Jango/Obi Wan chase scene. When Jango releases those seismic charges, the silence before they explode then that "WAAAAMMMMMMMM" noise that they make.
    Niiiiceeeeee!!!!

19. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Ooh, first Jun '02er I've seen. :)

Hi!

20. BranchuZ

BranchuZ Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    Hi :D I'm a newbie :D

Yeah that hyper-space ring was very cool.. I wonder if it gets stolen alot when he parks it in orbit. If I was Jango, I'd blown his ring away so he couldnt chase me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.