main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favourite movie EVER

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by HunkyEvil, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Everyone has many many favourite movies, and most probably Star Wars is up there with most posters around here. But you must have 1 movie that is simply the best thing you've ever seen in your life. Mine has to be American History X. I've liked it ever since I first watched it many moons ago and the ending is just superb. I can and have watched this back to back, it's just amazing.

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    well obviously star wars but just to make it interesting ill set that asside and say probably Indiana Jones!!

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Best movie ever is "A Few Good Men". Superb writing, great story, no VFX, and brilliant acting. Plus, it has Jack Nicholson!! Superlative film!!!!

4. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    For me, it's Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. I think it has everything you could ever want in a film; action, adventure, romance, great casting, superb acting, memorable characters, really witty humour, a terrific score...and more! - and the chase through the desert is a sequence that is just something else! :D

Die Hard, and Robocop are also right up there.

And of course, how can you forget Fight Club? [face_mischief]

5. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Interesting. All "action" films :p

Robocop and Die Hard hardly have good stories/writing. Fight Club is at least original.

Is there no place in your heart for pure drama? :p

6. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    What can I say; I'm a product of the 80's -- All the big films that came out were action films. It's what I grew up with.

Not true...well, not entirely true. I love The Hunt for Red October. and Boogie Nights.

7. Yaddle_wisewoman

Yaddle_wisewoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2006
    I have far too many to list or even choose one.

But i have to say "Nuns on the Run" is one of my all time favs!
    Robbie Coltrane, yummy!

8. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Boogie Nights as drama???? LMAO!!!!

But that is also a good film ;)

//looks up pictures of Heather Graham

9. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    lol, i dunno what my favourite movie is, i don't really have favourites, there are just lots of things (movies, books, games) that i really enjoy. Obviously the star wars movies are up there...

I'm a huge fan of the first Back to the future movie, everything about that movie is great.

Also, i'm a fan of Peter Jackson's indie movies Bad Taste and Braindead. Sick but sickly funny,

10. captainjack77

captainjack77 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2006
    ok favorite movie ! tough call cant pin it down to 1 so im goin to be greedy n say 3 of cousre star wars ( the orignals) then great escape and finaly hitchhickers guide to the galaxy most people will say what hitchickers ? u mad but i thought it stayed true to the novel apart froma few scenes that mr adams wrote before his death for the film i loved it

11. ChickenTikkaMeeka

ChickenTikkaMeeka Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2005
    My favourite movies has to be Star Wars & LOTR, Scream trilogy and Lethal Weapon, I like all the Freddy's, Jason's and Halloween box set.

12. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    im sorry captain but they totally wrecked the book! even the TV series done in the ??70's?? was better!

13. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Halloween 1 and 2 rocked, it was downhill from then on :(

I saw my first Freddy Kreuger movie when i was 8!!

I'm quite a timid guy now...

Kidding :p

14. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Yellow Beard the Pirate, Marty Feldman's final movie.

The Crow, Brandon Lee's final movie.

15. HunkyEvil

Feb 27, 2006
    They did indeed. Halloween 1 is an absolute classic. I have to admit I enjoyed 4 and 5 too with Jamie the little girl. My other favourite movies are Shaun of the Dead and Twins. Twins is purely for Arnie and Kelly Preston but it's a damn good movie too. Still not comparing with AHX though

16. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeah, I love Halloween, and I admit I have a soft spot for Halloween 5; I don't know why...really, I don't!

Shaun of the Dead -- A slice of fried gold! :D

17. HunkyEvil

Feb 27, 2006

Ahhh this man knows his stuff! Spaced seaon 2 episode 1 commentary explains this as I was at a bit of a loss as to what it meant

18. IntrepidCoxie

IntrepidCoxie Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2006
    Reqiuem for a dream is going to up there as one of my greatest and the italian job, butterfly effect,goonies,shrek,LOTR trilogy.

But then this question has so many answers cos i could go on for pages listing my fav's.

I need to have a spare weekend away from the missus and have a movieathon to catch up on all these classics.

Oh forgot batman begins,skeleton key,sixth sense and the phantom menace( i feel so dirty typing that)Yes i said it the PHANTOM MENACE i just think this film rocks. Feel free to mock. And whilst i'm at it grease thats what i call a film. Now going to hide under a rock away from the mocking voices.

19. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i shall not mock tho i will ask one question...why arnt the other movies up there as well?[face_worried]

20. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    favorite movie in which genre?

war films: 1 - saving private ryan, 2 - black hawk down, 3 - a bridge too far.

sci-fi: 1 - terminator, 2 - aliens, 3 - return of the jedi.

action: 1 - top gun, 2 - raiders of the lost ark, 3 - die hard.

gangster movies: 1 - scarface, 2 - goodfellas, 3 - godfather part 1.

horror: 1 - dog soldiers, 2 - jaws, 3 - the thing.

honorable mentions to heat, fellowship of the ring, withnail and i, fear and loathing in las vegas, t2, predator, i could go on.

out of all of them though, top gun wins.

21. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    jaws was awesome!! until i was made to do a english project on it and ha to watch it got knows how many times!!

22. IntrepidCoxie

IntrepidCoxie Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2006
    I forgot to put in the other starwars movies i was to busy thinking of others.

I've been thinking about other films all day at work, man the list is getting longer.

23. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    im watching episode 3 atm!! lol

the emperor is just zapping yoda

24. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Gotta love Battle Royale

25. ChickenTikkaMeeka

ChickenTikkaMeeka Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2005
    I have seen Battle Royale once, couldn't really get into it but what i have seen of it, it looks ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.