main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Favourite Shot From The Prequels?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by THX-1138_4EB, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THX-1138_4EB

THX-1138_4EB Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    If you had to pick your favourite, or even what you think is the most powerful image from the prequels, what whould you choose? George Lucas is easily my favourite filmmaker, and he works in visuals, and thanks to his groundbreaking use of digital technology we have been gifted some stunning visuals from Mr Lucas.

From each film, i would say:

Episode One: Most fans would probably say Maul and his double lightsaber, but for some reason i just love the arrival on Coruscant, with that fantastic John Williams music...

Episode Two: Anakin and Padme embracing outside the homestead before he goes off to find his mother, a genuinley powerful image.

Episode Three: The money shot of the picture of just after Anakin gets his helmet on, and you see a close-up of the mask. It clicks down, with the same sound effect, and then it hisses a little... and then he breathes.

2. UltimateJustin

UltimateJustin Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    Menace: When Anakin is fixing his pod racer, "its working, its working!". Mainly because of the awesome score cue.

Clones: When Anakin looks up while holding his moms body and that music plays, that same type of music that plays when you go crazy in real life.

Sith: The scene that was in the teaser, slowly zooming in on Anakin with sith eyes looking like a badass.

Wow, I must be gay as hell for Hayden.

3. Parallax2265

Parallax2265 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    Episode I: When Maul held that saber horizontal and I was thinking "What the Bloody...OH DAMN!"

Episode II: The invasion of Geonosis. Just seeing a full scale military assault in the saga kicked butt.

Episode III: The opening shot over Coruscant, pulling back and showing just how many damn ships there were. I instantly forgot any doubts I had if it was going to be good. Closely followed by the scene with Anakin in the temple staring out the window, hearing that slight twist of the Force theme...*shivers*

4. THX-1138_4EB

THX-1138_4EB Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    I also should have mentioned any of the shots from Revenge Of The Sith durning the sequence that is underscored by the John Williams piece 'Padme's Rumminations', were Anakin deciedes to turn, beautiful stuff.

And also from Episode One: "At last we will reviel ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge."- Darth Maul, what a close-up!

5. Alanikan

Alanikan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    Waaaay to many favorites to list. The one that still gives me the chills is the daylight shot of the Jedi Temple with the smoke rising. Always reminds me of 9/11.

6. Corin_Havek

Corin_Havek Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2005
    Episode I: The first images we see of Theed. Absolutely stunning.

Episode II: Anakin stands on the balcony of the sea-side house on Naboo as he meditates in the morning. He is in the center of the shot and we see the sun blaring and the water shimmering past him.

Episode III: Once Anakin sees Obi-Wan step out of Padme's ship, he starts pacing back and forth in anger as he screams, "LIAR!" (Probably the best acting Hayden has done throughout the entire series)

7. Darth_Of_NoPants

Darth_Of_NoPants Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2005
    Thats a really hard question...

TPM: When Maul is standing their as the double-sliding-doors open, head down... He slowly looks up and growls.

AotC: I have a few in this one...

Right after Shmi has died, Anakin looks up with eyes filled with rage.

A little later, when he's recounting the slaughter to Padme: "I killed them... Not just the men... the women... and the children. They're animals... and I slaughtered them like animals. I HATE THEM!!" for several reasons - theres a snippet of the Imperial March overlaid in it, and the line is delivered with truckloads of emotion.

When Anakin and Dooku are fighting, and Anakin slashes the light cable...darkness falls, lit only by the blades of a blue saber and a red saber.

Sith: once again, I have several.

"POWERRRRR!!!! UNNNLIMMITED POWERRRRRRR!!!" because it's just so cool, and then...

The exchange beginning with "What have I done?" "You're fulfilling your destiny, Anakin." because of that voice when Palps says "Goooooood!" and "To cheat death etc..." AND "The force is STRONNNNNNGGGGG with you!! A powerful sith you will become!!". In fact that whole scene oozes cool.

The shot of Anakin walking into the Temple with legions of clonetroopers backing him up.

This shot was simultaneously one of the best and quite possibly the most heart-wrenching in the whole film:
    "Master Skywalker!! There are too many of them, what are we going to do?"
    *Anakin stares coldly and ignites his 'Saber*

"LIAR!!" and "YOU WILL NOT TAKE HER FROM ME!"

The first breath that Vader takes gives me chills every time.

"It seems... that in your anger, YOU killed her."
    "I....I couldn't have!! She was alive, I felt it!!" - I felt extremely bad for Anakin right there, lol

8. Barefoot-Sith-Chick

Barefoot-Sith-Chick Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2005
    I - The Droid Army being turned on. It puts me into geekish little giggles every time.

II - When Padme takes his mechanical hand at their wedding.... And when Jango twirls his gun before putting it back.

III - The look on Anakin's face when he sees the Vader mask being lowered down.

9. AnakinSkywalker082

AnakinSkywalker082 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    1 when qui gon introduces anakin to obi wan
    when obi wan promises that he'll train anakin

2 when anakin embraces padme on tatoonie
    when anakin tells padme what he did to the sand people

3 when palpatine ask anakin if he would like to kill him and anakins says that he would very much like to
    when padme promises anakin that she won't die in child birth and he says that he promises her
    the close up of obi wans eyes and general grevious eyes

10. jediknight22

jediknight22 Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2005
    I like the lightsaber battles so for me:

TPM - When the red force shield temporarily halts the duel between Qui-Gonn and Maul, Qui-Gonn just kneels and closes his eyes. How Jedi is that?

AoTC - Count Dooku drawing his red lightsaber ala medieval sword buckler style before he fights Obi-Wan. Love the hilt designed how it arches down, very intimidating..

ROTS - Yoda and Palpatine dueling while the platform they are on rises into the senate dome, how epic looking! The ultimate leaders between the good and dark side.

11. XVIII_XV_XIII_V

XVIII_XV_XIII_V Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2005
    Without a doubt, my favourite shot from the entire prequels was in TPM when the sliding door opens and you see the widescreen view of Maul turning on his blades one at a time. For me this shot basically characterized the prequels; its the shizit.

12. Obi_Will_Kenobi

Obi_Will_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2004
    Woah....fantastic thread, bud. I love the visuals in Star Wars so much...but i'd have to say...

The Death Star assault

..........OH RIGHT....Prequels....*AHEM*....yeah....

Well the thing which gets me is probally in

TPM- The scope and scale of Theed in all its glistening glory, I love it so much. The grandness of the Rebublic is wonderfully eptomised by Naboo.

In AOTC- Again, Naboo is great but....the one which really gets me is Anakin and Padme's shadows on the homestead before he goes to find his mother, John William's has done a fantastic job there.

In ROTS- WOW, so many...*phew*, well...the one if i'd had to choose would probally be...Obi-Wan illuminated in the doorway of Padme's ship when Anakin is talking to her....My god, I love that shot so much...very dramatic...Obi-Wan is the light and Anakin is still in the darkness. Brill.

13. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Surely, if there is one thing most fans could agree on, it's that the prequels are ahead of the OT in terms of beautiful shots!

TPM:Apart from the obvious, Jar Jar & the Jedi swimming towards Otah Gunga is a goodie, as is Amidala watching the invading army from the throne room window.

AOTC:Right at the beginning, Padme's ship gliding through the Coruscant fog....Padme FULL STOP! ;)

ROTS:The "waterfall" during the opening battle, Anakin alone in the temple, Birth of vader.

Like I said, just so, so many!

14. QUI-DON-JINN

QUI-DON-JINN Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    TPM: The Gungan army appearing out of the mist.
    AOTC: Slave 1 firing directly at the camera.
    ROTS: The window in Palpatine's office shattering.

15. Master_Yoder

Master_Yoder Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Episode 1:When It shows the three battle in the naboo power room thingy and it plays duel of the fates all over again.
    Episode 2:Their first kiss on the beutiful scenery
    Episode 3:When Obi 1 and anikan get caught in a saber struggle(When they catch sabers clashing and they push there sabers foward, thus trying to catch the opponent of guard)

16. Jedi_Hunter_505

Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    I have three favorite shots from the prequels. Two are from TPM and one is from ROTS.

1) Wide screen shot of Maul holding lightsaber horisantally then igniting one side then the other.

2) The opening space shot in ROTS when the two Jedi starfighters drop down over the battle, then you see how immense and huge the battle really is.

3) Either between the corridor opening to reveal Maul standing there confronting the Jedi or the one where Maul gets on his speeder and then drops down the ledge.

17. dee_dee24m

dee_dee24m Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2003
    Probably the long shot of Queen Amidala watching out the windows to the (as yet unseen by us) Invasion of Theed. In TPM.

So moody, so dramatic, so sad...and ultimately emblematic of the prequels themselves, as a good, strong person watches what she knew and loved crumbling around her...

18. Tyranus22

Tyranus22 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    Has to be the Jedi purge/Order 66 montage shot(s). So emotional, we knew from the moment TPM started that all the Jedi we saw, bar Yoda and Obi Wan, were gonna be wiped out but seeing it happen in ROTS, with that music playing over it - emotional stuff!

19. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    1. Darth Maul then ignites the lightsaber. Right before the duel.
    2. All hte Jedi's igniting their lightsaber in Geoinosis.
    3. The Avder putting on mask then total silence in theater. then the breath. perfect.

20. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Waaayyyy too many to list.

21. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    TPM: Trade Federation control ship blowing up
    AotC: Dooku's descent into Coruscant
    RotS: Obi-Wan standing stoically behind Anakin & Padmé

22. maxmanta

maxmanta Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2005
    My all-time favorite shot is from Ep III--when Annakin is going to meet Palpatine in the opera booth and there's a shot of a red twi'lek woman in a white gown as she enters the theater.

You know the one I mean!

23. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    ...yeah, I know the one you mean! Thats a couple of great shots right there ;)

24. boostincoyote

boostincoyote Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2005
    I-everyones favourite shot with maul.
    II- when anakin is looking at the sun on tatooine like luke does in ANH
    III- theres a couple here... after anakin slaughters the sepratists and walks out then turns his head and u see his yellow eyes. when the camera is in front of anakin when he is leading the temple raid and the hood is up and his head is down

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    [image=http://tncweeds.ucdavis.edu/products/sensing/images/lightsabers.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/images/cut_scenes/ep2/dooku_vs_yoda_top.jpg]

[image=http://www.darth-sonic.de/images/E3TeaserTrailer/39.jpg]

Nuff said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.